Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2010, 09:28 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,778,684 times

Advertisements

It's too hot to cook here as well, so I sliced a banana, spooned soy 'yogurt' over, and sprinkled trail mix plus extra chopped walnuts. Cool water to drink Later I may have some chocolate Almond Breeze.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 04:12 PM

1,353 posts, read 2,433,137 times
Temps are in the 40s today so, I feel like a hearty meal.

Tempeh bourguignon
Apple & almond salad w/ mango chutney dressing
Chocolate avocado cream pie w/sunflower-Brazil nut crust (and fresh huckleberries if I can find some)

Old 09-01-2010, 03:46 PM

125 posts, read 28,702 times
MMMMMM..........

I'm thinking chili cheese dogs or tacos......

(all vegi of course)

Man I'm starting to drool.

Old 09-04-2010, 08:35 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,566,897 times
Veggie burger on toasted whole wheat with mustard, horseradish, and a touch of Marmite. The side was two carrots thin sliced with a half cup of shredded red cabbage, microwaved for two minutes.

Dessert was an apple, followed by Tension Tamer hot tea.

Old 09-05-2010, 05:37 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,690,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdna View Post
Temps are in the 40s today so, I feel like a hearty meal.

Tempeh bourguignon
Apple & almond salad w/ mango chutney dressing
Chocolate avocado cream pie w/sunflower-Brazil nut crust (and fresh huckleberries if I can find some)
YUM! this sounds extra awesome after 2 days of traveling and eating salad sandwiches at various diners.

we should have a nice lunch in philly today though!

Old 09-10-2010, 09:58 AM

I'm gonna have homemade Thai Curry with broccoli, gold potatoes, mushrooms, bell peppers, and onions. I'm also gonna have pan fried tofu with a sweet ginger sauce to dip them in.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:14 AM

Curry would have been awesome if I had bought better curry paste (Thai Kitchen isn't great).

But tonight I'm going to have veggie chicken breasts with random spices (my wife picks em) with pasta sauce and mozzerlla cheese on top, all baked.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:54 AM

123 posts, read 287,252 times
vegannn pizzzaaaaa mmmm actually it was last night, but yeah...

Old 09-17-2010, 08:47 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,482,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdna View Post
Does anyone have a recipe for this crust??? I found plenty of vegan cream pie recipes, but can't find one for the crust (don't like those Dandie marshmallows - they're way too sweet!). It sounds sooo delicious, doesn't it?

Love that pizza coming to life there, cruelkat!

Old 09-21-2010, 03:47 PM

7,601 posts, read 6,104,237 times
Promoting healthy eating, my son's school hands out (for a few of course) Organic vegetarian produce on Thursday afternoons. While it may seem expensive, the school is getting some of the money, and my kids are encouraged to eat healthy.
They also sell milk (chemical free) and eggs (free range) weekly, but we don't eat many eggs so we have not done that yet.
SO What's for dinner?
Well, first week of this it was veggie shish kabobs, using organic zuccini, mushroom, tofu (I had to get that ) Onion, tomato and mango. I used a basic herbal seasoning (no salt) and used the grill. One combo suggested by many others is to cover it up witha vinnegret dressing
Last week, it was steamed arthichoke, I used some pasta For the souce, I crushed a tomato, chopped a bell pepper, onion, tofu and garlic and sauteed that in a cast iron killet until the onion and garlic were done. (Note, I added the tomato last)
Seasoning was an italian herbal mix (Oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary)
Last week they gave s more fruits, so we have fruit salad for two days. Also some organic brocolli Very nice
That's what's for dinner around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food