Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Animal Rights or Diet
Animal Rights 13 35.14%
Diet 24 64.86%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 05:33 PM

1,882 posts, read 4,619,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Well one could say its natural to beat the brains in of people you hate with a club too....

Thats about as natural as it gets..or would I have to use fists?
Thats organic right?

An organic beat down?
UUUmmmmm, sorry Pitt....I really don't think that is natural.

Let us know why....or go back on your meds. Just a joke, don't take it personal. But do explain, please.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:54 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,864,105 times
Hey, if its a matter of the food chain and survival of the fittest, that logic will take you to eating children, cats, dogs, etc. The fact is, only 5% of animals eat other animals. We as humans are capable of reason so if you are eating dead animal carcasses, it is because you decided to, not because of some biological imperative.

Another reason not to forget is religious. Most Hindus, Sikhs, and Jains do not eat meat since they practice ahimsa (non-harming).

Old 10-29-2008, 05:14 AM

1,229 posts, read 2,912,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
Hey, if its a matter of the food chain and survival of the fittest, that logic will take you to eating children, cats, dogs, etc. The fact is, only 5% of animals eat other animals. We as humans are capable of reason so if you are eating dead animal carcasses, it is because you decided to, not because of some biological imperative.

Another reason not to forget is religious. Most Hindus, Sikhs, and Jains do not eat meat since they practice ahimsa (non-harming).
My jesus ate meat!''may you not look down on who eats the flesh'' ''he who eats meat ,eats to the lord''and in some countries they do eat dogs,cats and humans and cows are Holy!so whats your point?? we are the in the 5% and my lord backs ME !

Old 10-29-2008, 01:41 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Cave Man View Post
UUUmmmmm, sorry Pitt....I really don't think that is natural.

Let us know why....or go back on your meds. Just a joke, don't take it personal. But do explain, please.

LOL!
I know you well enough not too!
;P ( i think we have the same type of humor)

Its natural to remove a threat to your enviroment.
We have been doing that for years as animal form and human.
Now it just involves more paperwork to be "accepted"

Its still killing. Having met some animals and people...I think its more evil to kill animals.
They kinda just wander around pooping. People...They do so much more than that.
LOL

But seriously I know we eat more meat than we need to and some people dont need to eat it at all. (body type) A lady from TX stated she gets sick when she goes without. I do too. Even with the perfect vegan or veggie diet. I have type O blood so my family tree survived because of meats. I just think they way we eat meat now in the modern american world is disgusting, excessive and the destruction the corp farms do to the land is repulsive. I think there should be more support for local farmers because thy care for their stock much better. So at least the cows or whatever gets to have a good life before the deed. They taste better and when living just look happy. I wish I could get away with not eating meat at all but anemia leads to heart issues in the long run. So i guess its me or the cow...
Poor cow..falling victim to a dirty human.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:53 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,404,950 times
Quote:
LOL!
I know you well enough not too!
;P ( i think we have the same type of humor)

Its natural to remove a threat to your enviroment.
We have been doing that for years as animal form and human.
Now it just involves more paperwork to be "accepted"

Its still killing. Having met some animals and people...I think its more evil to kill animals.
They kinda just wander around pooping. People...They do so much more than that.
LOL

But seriously I know we eat more meat than we need to and some people dont need to eat it at all. (body type) A lady from TX stated she gets sick when she goes without. I do too. Even with the perfect vegan or veggie diet. I have type O blood so my family tree survived because of meats. I just think they way we eat meat now in the modern american world is disgusting, excessive and the destruction the corp farms do to the land is repulsive. I think there should be more support for local farmers because thy care for their stock much better. So at least the cows or whatever gets to have a good life before the deed. They taste better and when living just look happy. I wish I could get away with not eating meat at all but anemia leads to heart issues in the long run. So i guess its me or the cow...
Poor cow..falling victim to a dirty human.

Or, contented cow, filling its designated place in the great design. (As long as it is raised and slaughtered humanely.)

Unless you think, of course, that lions and tigers and bears and cheetahs and other such critters are "dirty". In which case you're way out of touch with the natural order.

Just think. If we all to a man, woman and child became vegetarians, most of the critters that are prey animals would disappear, because we'd be in direct competition with them and would have to take the land they use for grazing and browsing to grow vegetables to feed ourselves.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:11 PM

I just think of all the dirty things the humans do as a race that destroys everything for everything.
Cheetahs dont throw away leftovers, drive cars or dump thier medications and chemical pesticides into the land and water.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:14 PM

p.s. look up the cost of raising cattle vs. veggies
TOTAL cost not just dollars...but land, time, ings, waste

The higher on the food chain you eat the more cost it is to the earth. Its why there are many natural veggie animals and fewer meat eaters.

We are exploiting a gift to be omnivoires.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:12 PM

1,882 posts, read 4,619,314 times
Quote:
I just think of all the dirty things the humans do as a race that destroys everything for everything.
Cheetahs dont throw away leftovers, drive cars or dump thier medications and chemical pesticides into the land and water.
Whoops, I didn't know it was wrong to dump pesticides into the streams. Sorry, my bad.

Pitt, you might just be a sick POS like me.....I pitty your kids.

I'm not a "well traveled" guy, but most "corp" farms/ranchers/feedlots do not harm the Earth like what is portrayed on you tube or the 10:00 news. The so called "corp" farms/feedlots in our area do more for the "earth" than most of the small farm/feedlot guys. Most "big" farms and feedlots are owned by families, w/family values. People are our customer, I am a "people", why would I harm myself/family/kids?

The "BIG" companies/institutions(which I farm for one of them), leave those important issues to me. They don't have time to decide what/where/when/why I apply herbicide, and it is my responsibility to take care of the waste of said herbicide.

Studies show that people that water/fertilize their lawns in the "big" cities do more harm than farmers/ranchers do.

Later, ya twisted POS(that is if your like me ) You really shouldn't associate yourself w/me ,in any way, on this site.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:04 PM

625 posts, read 1,586,283 times
Let's all just strip down to our hide, walk out the front door and live off the land naturally. Hug a tree, graze on grass, pet the coyotes that soon will be surrounding you. Caveman, you and Pitt can go first....I'll stay up here on the porch and watch for a bit. If all goes well I'll join ya shortly......if not I'll shoot the coyotes after they're through eating and go organicly beat down a cow and have a steak. My plan is as good as anyone elses.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:15 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,777,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyC64 View Post
Let's all just strip down to our hide, walk out the front door and live off the land naturally. Hug a tree, graze on grass, pet the coyotes that soon will be surrounding you. Caveman, you and Pitt can go first....I'll stay up here on the porch and watch for a bit. If all goes well I'll join ya shortly......if not I'll shoot the coyotes after they're through eating and go organicly beat down a cow and have a steak. My plan is as good as anyone elses.
Need any help cooken that cow Billy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food