Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Vegetarians would you eat fish
i am a former vegetarian and i prefer to eat fish than 2 5.00%
even though i am a vegetarian i wouldn't mind seafood 7 17.50%
its the same as eating dead animals 27 67.50%
probably considering it's a lot healthier than meat 3 7.50%
i don't know 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 12:33 PM

1,788 posts, read 4,758,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
Does it have eyes? If yes, then its a no!
So you're okay with eating molluscs then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 12:53 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,866,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
So you're okay with eating molluscs then?
Not my thing.... I don't eat dirt either.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:05 PM

1,788 posts, read 4,758,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
Not my thing.... I don't eat dirt either.
Well, you did sort of imply that you only refuse to eat animals that have eyes.

...and there are many that don't have eyes.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:36 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,866,862 times
Quote:
Well, you did sort of imply that you only refuse to eat animals that have eyes.

...and there are many that don't have eyes.
Didn't realize it would touch such a nerve with anyone but I will not apologize for living my values. I don't want to eat something which was once a living, sentient being.

Old 02-03-2009, 06:22 PM

947 posts, read 3,411,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdonekings View Post
u right nobody understood my question apart from you, the reason i also asked is because i once a vegetarian/vegan, i exercise quite a lot and i meet a lot of people out there. i find myself in peripheral, it can be had but never give in to completely become a meat eater. i just stick to the fish and i have also denounce myself as a vegetarian, though i wouldn't buy meat to eat it, i would rather incline myself to the veggies and seafood.

the best is vegan and i enjoyed, i denounced myself because i don't want to be looked as an oxymoron, or look a bit boring. For most of all i only became a vegetarian/vegan for good health, but i get everyone's opinion in here and i can't disregard anyone who came up with good opinions, because i know how it feels to sleep and wake up another day feeling great, why because you have not eaten any dead animals and i know it is a great feeling and a healthy refreshing human nature

Really?, so you meant that if you were stranded on an island or something? then all i had were animals to eat to survive... land or water...
Well, I would still havve a really hard time But i guess i would HAve to be in that situation to find out exactly but still would be aganist my morals. but if it is eat animal or die, guess it would be to eat an animal... in that kind of situation Only but just don't see that happening...

Old 02-03-2009, 07:06 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,845,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdonekings View Post
u right nobody understood my question apart from you, the reason i also asked is because i once a vegetarian/vegan, i exercise quite a lot and i meet a lot of people out there. i find myself in peripheral, it can be had but never give in to completely become a meat eater. i just stick to the fish and i have also denounce myself as a vegetarian, though i wouldn't buy meat to eat it, i would rather incline myself to the veggies and seafood.
Well, actually, you DIDN'T ask what we would eat if our only options were land animals or sea animals. If that's your question then I'm also of the opinion that I'll have to wait until I'm actually in the situation to be able to give an answer.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:08 PM

275 posts, read 687,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by need4Trees View Post
Really?, so you meant that if you were stranded on an island or something? then all i had were animals to eat to survive... land or water...
Well, I would still havve a really hard time But i guess i would HAve to be in that situation to find out exactly but still would be aganist my morals. but if it is eat animal or die, guess it would be to eat an animal... in that kind of situation Only but just don't see that happening...
i see

Old 02-03-2009, 08:10 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,687,371 times
Please do not forget that there are people who do not eat fish not only becuase they ARE animals, but becuase the fishing industry is HORRIFIC and DISGUSTING.

The fishing industry harms other marine life, brings non native sea life into other parts of the ocean which creates a problem for some of the native sea life.

Fish farming is cruel and creates miles and miles of polutants including feces and dead fish....

I mean, just google it - who wants to support that?

Old 02-03-2009, 08:11 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,687,371 times
Quote:
I think what the OP was asking is...if you were in a situation where there was no food unless it was animal flesh, which would you choose to eat in order to survive: land animals, or fish?

Personally, since my veganism is based in my philosophical beliefs (Buddhist) I wouldn't have an issue with eating meat or fish in order to survive. I'd take the relatively minor karmic hit in lieu of committing suicide by not eating. I would hope that I wouldn't actually have to kill the animal myself, but I wouldn't die from starvation merely to keep from eating animal flesh or fish.

why not eat what the animals are eating?

Old 02-03-2009, 08:12 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,462,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
Don't take this personal, but I am just sick and tired of people assuming that I eat fish, when I tell them that I am a vegetarian/vegan
What about shrimp? Do you eat shrimp? Mollusks? Invertabrates?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food