Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 10:44 PM

947 posts, read 3,414,858 times

Advertisements

1st off, I want to say...
Good for You WaldenGuys! You made a complete turn around for yourself, for your health and for the others around you/in your life who care about you! And I am sure it was a hard road to travel, but way to go!
And, ... for the animals too! As no animals are going to die on account from your eating habits... and that is a great feeling, as you have found out too!

As for me... the reason I am a veggie? There are many reasons and really too many to lisit but the reasons are pretty similar to most of yours here too.

The #1 Reason why I am a veggie:

Animal Welfare. That is and always will be the fist reason. For the animals sake.
and... I love all the other positive... "side effects"

my health and conscious

the health of the planet

just too many to list with these 2 broad areas...

But, ... I just Love being Veggie!
animals don't die for me!

I am and Always will be a Veggie!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 06:26 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,802,406 times
I sometimes like the fact that it's forcing me to learn to cook.

Sometimes it is a royal pain in the adze, though.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:20 PM

197 posts, read 398,256 times
I like the fact that I can look at animals and value their lives as much as any living being. Ialso like the fact that I consume no blood.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:45 PM

481 posts, read 809,219 times
I've been vegetarian for more than 20 years.
I am very healthy.
I eat delicious food.
My kitchen never gets greasy.
No animal has to die to feed me.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:51 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,916,268 times
I look years younger than I am in Earth years, I rarely ever get sick, I am thin, and energetic, I have saved a lot of money by not paying people to kill animals so they can end up as corpses in my alimentary canal. Low blood pressure, low cholesterol. No sinews, veins, gristle, stuck in my teeth.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:23 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,802,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
I look years younger than I am in Earth years, I rarely ever get sick, I am thin, and energetic, I have saved a lot of money by not paying people to kill animals so they can end up as corpses in my alimentary canal. Low blood pressure, low cholesterol. No sinews, veins, gristle, stuck in my teeth.
You have such an elegant way of putting things, Peg!

Old 08-19-2009, 06:43 PM

7,161 posts, read 12,728,745 times
I love the flavors of fruits, vegetables and grains in all their whole goodness, colors and shapes.

Garlic is my best bud. I'm intimate with onions. Keen on carrots. And torrid with tomatoes.

I'm odd, I even like chopping or mincing things by hand..there's a zen peacefulness to being in hands-on contact with my food.

Never felt that way about handling animal products..mostly a slight feeling of nausea when I thought about the source.

Old 11-12-2009, 06:58 AM

33 posts, read 49,262 times
I like that being a veg makes me a healthier person, harms no living creature, and helps to lesson my impact on the environment.

My hubby's not veg, but he'll happily eat any vegan meal. Once he found out about the environmental impact of eating meat, he's already asked for more veg meals at work when he's on a night shift. Yay!!

Old 11-12-2009, 09:34 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,865,704 times
What I like most about being a vegetarian is myself.

Not that I disliked myself when I ate dead carcass, I just like myself more by not doing it.

Old 11-14-2009, 11:48 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,493,386 times
Good for you, Freddy. Me too. ~

I think it took a few years before my palate was cleansed, so that I could actually taste some of the gorgeous and delicate flavors in fresh foods. Not adding salt or sugar to anything helped a great deal.

Flavors and nutrients are not buried under animal grease, which naturally changes the taste of food.

I learned how to cook by complimenting flavors and textures. I learned to appreciate food rather.

Little Dolphin: there's a zen peacefulness to being in hands-on contact with my food. Never felt that way about handling animal products..mostly a slight feeling of nausea when I thought about the source.

I agree. I never was crazy about eating animals products in the first place. I ate them because that's what we were taught we needed to eat to be healthy. What a scam~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food