Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 11:31 AM

727 posts, read 1,892,089 times

Advertisements

Thank you guys! I wrote out a grocery list full of the things I like and I found a few frozen entrees I could possibly bring to work with me....and I'm a huge candy/snack lover and I have a list of all the snacks/candies that are vegan.........And yes I used to be a strict vegetarian and I'm going back to the way I used to be.....thx yall!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 11:32 AM

727 posts, read 1,892,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilybeans View Post
They microwave them.
Ok.......cause I asked when I was there and they said its fried on the same grill.......but maybe I misheard them or something!

Old 04-21-2009, 12:43 PM

2,143 posts, read 8,036,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarqueseGilmore View Post
Ok.......cause I asked when I was there and they said its fried on the same grill.......but maybe I misheard them or something!
I've watched them microwave it. (At least here)It's just a Morningstar veggie patty.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:23 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,685,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
Out of the "mexican" type food chains I have been to, I like Chipotle the best, their guac is great and their black beans are vegan, I get those in my burritos. I always prefer to go to veg restaurants, but if there aren't any, I head for these places. Salad bars can be good and Whole Foods has some really good food in their deli, lots of it vegetarian, some vegan. I also check out small health food stores, many offer some type of prepared food, even if it is only a sandwich with veggies, sprouts and hummus, or a tempeh burger etc. It has gotten MUCH easier to eat veg on the road, compared to just 10 years ago.

Freebirds beans, both black and refried are vegan. A nice treat when driving through Austin. Although there are locations in Dallas, San Antonio, San Marcos, etc. if yall ever find your way to Texas.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:08 PM

947 posts, read 3,410,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
I LOVE Quiznos' veggie subs.... although they're not THAT healthy.

And a Chipotle burrito can fill you up for days, heh.
Can I say... YUMMY!

I have a side question...
Do you research the bread for vegan or not before you go in or online or not at all?

This is why I am "vegan" at home, cause I just don't ask those questions when I get my subs at different places. The Chinese food is usually pretty sketchy though with the broths that they could sneak in there.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:12 AM

1,467 posts, read 5,131,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by need4Trees View Post
Can I say... YUMMY!

I have a side question...
Do you research the bread for vegan or not before you go in or online or not at all?

This is why I am "vegan" at home, cause I just don't ask those questions when I get my subs at different places. The Chinese food is usually pretty sketchy though with the broths that they could sneak in there.

I research at home for the chains. If there is no nutrition information at the respective website, I'll email the place. I will also review information from various forums. There's a lot of information there, but you do have to double and triple check it because things do change.

I have found that several of my local places offer this information on line too. If they don't, I will ask when I visit or email before visiting.

My inquiries have always been responded to in a friendly manner. No one has ever acted like I've bothered them with the exception of one catering company when I didn't want to use their set menu for an event. (And, that was more of an unexperienced salesperson than my preferences.)

Old 04-23-2009, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJingle View Post
I research at home for the chains. If there is no nutrition information at the respective website, I'll email the place. I will also review information from various forums. There's a lot of information there, but you do have to double and triple check it because things do change.

I have found that several of my local places offer this information on line too. If they don't, I will ask when I visit or email before visiting.

My inquiries have always been responded to in a friendly manner. No one has ever acted like I've bothered them with the exception of one catering company when I didn't want to use their set menu for an event. (And, that was more of an unexperienced salesperson than my preferences.)
Well, this is some good info, Thanks! Guess it is easy enough. But could you let me know if you know info already on the breads at Subway and Quiznos that are vegan? Thanks again!

Old 04-23-2009, 06:14 PM

Do your breads contain animal products?
Subway® Italian bread contains no animal-derived ingredients. The 9-grain wheat bread contains honey, which may be considered an animal-derived ingredient. The Flatbread and cheese-topped breads do contain milk-derived ingredients.

Official SUBWAY Restaurants Nutrition Information - Frequently Asked Questions

Last edited by JJingle; 04-23-2009 at 06:23 PM..

Old 04-23-2009, 06:24 PM

Here's a site that I stumbled upon the other day. Remember to always double-check....

Vegan Eating Out - Healthy Vegan Diet Menu Guide to Popular Restaurants and Fast Food Chains (http://www.veganeatingout.com/index.html - broken link)

Old 04-24-2009, 01:45 AM

Thanks JJingle!!!

You are So helpful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food