Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 09:53 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,482,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by headnsouth View Post
vegetarian/vegan food forum + meat recipes = fail.

I've flagged this post but I wonder, how much is the forum moderated? city-data is a convenient place for food-talk but if this forum gets gummed up with meatspam it won't succeed. There are lots of veg forums around.
I know this is an old post, but here ya' go: As said, we have a separate forum now, even though it still gets spammed. There was another very similar type post, which I responded to when I should've flagged it. Scratch that, I responded, THEN I should've flagged it.

Intentional meat-spam, which is exactly what it is - intentional, should be reported by everyone. I don't think the Mods can be everywhere at all times ~~~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 07:40 AM

4,537 posts, read 9,199,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeBee View Post
... Intentional meat-spam, which is exactly what it is - intentional, should be reported by everyone. I don't think the Mods can be everywhere at all times ~~~
However, sometimes I don't think it's intentional spam. Not everyone is as tuned into this issue as others. The post in question, regarding a salad with ham, etc, is probably here because it was a salad and the poster meant no harm.

There is always the real spam like "I love animals, they taste great," etc, and the other taunts we know so well

Old 08-20-2009, 08:56 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,849,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeBee View Post
I know this is an old post, but here ya' go: As said, we have a separate forum now, even though it still gets spammed. There was another very similar type post, which I responded to when I should've flagged it. Scratch that, I responded, THEN I should've flagged it.

Intentional meat-spam, which is exactly what it is - intentional, should be reported by everyone. I don't think the Mods can be everywhere at all times ~~~
This particular post was made before I started Modding here. If there are similar posts in the future, please do report them -- those notifications come to me now and, trust me, I WILL handle them .....

ETA: By the way, if you see that another member has quoted one of our posts in a different forum and, in doing so, is making fun of anything we've said? Don't report it, because it won't come to me. Instead, DM that directly to me, please, and I'll take care of THAT, too.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
However, sometimes I don't think it's intentional spam. There is always the real spam like "I love animals, they taste great," etc, and the other taunts we know so well
QW, you have a gentle thought process which I envy! Yes, sometimes that's true. I stand corrected and apologize for my comments about the quoted post if I am wrong. I would be very pleased if I were wrong.

But I disagree that alleged ignorance in adults is an excuse to ridicule another's choices in life.

I don't mean to come off so harsh, but there are posters who make comments which are an open invitation to snipe back. I don't want to do that, as easy as it would be. Easy, too, to put up a lot of in the posts. "oops, just kidding....how could you take it seriously"

Instead of silly passive-aggressive posts, I would have far more respect for someone who directly says what they are thinking or believe. That leads to open discussion. Maybe that's too adult a response for most people, IDK.

I just read this:

First they ignore you
then they ridicule you
then they fight you...
then you win.

I must read more of M. Ghandi's writings.

Peace~~~

Old 08-20-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
This particular post was made before I started Modding here. If there are similar posts in the future, please do report them -- those notifications come to me now and, trust me, I WILL handle them .....
Thanks, Dark. I appreciate the fact that Mods can't be everywhere and that a lot of these forums are self-moderated by the posters. Yikes!

Old 08-21-2009, 09:05 PM

593 posts, read 1,919,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
That would be my lentil-barley soup with all the vegetables from the vegetable bin that are growing middle-aged or old..they revive nicely in the simmering soup pot. I use sweet potato instead of white.

The secret of the broth is a small can of tomato puree, a bit of real lemon juice, a nice dollop of good olive oil and some Thai hot pepper sauce...warms us in all the good places.
I'm going to cope everything about his but the sweet potato (eww lol). it sounds great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Vegetarian and Vegan Food