Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 08:30 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabernetkev View Post
I hope not . That area does not need any more congestion.
We did not make the cut. Final 20 cities were chosen. Only one west coast city on the list left and it is not Oxnard.

More than likely the other side of the nation.

I have lived in Oxnard my entire life and I don't see it as overly congested. Nothing close to Los Angeles. Maybe if you live in Stockton then Oxnard may seem congested. We have plenty of farm land surrounding the city. We are far from land locked like in the Los Angeles area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2018, 09:51 AM

2,020 posts, read 3,195,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
We did not make the cut. Final 20 cities were chosen. Only one west coast city on the list left and it is not Oxnard.

More than likely the other side of the nation.

I have lived in Oxnard my entire life and I don't see it as overly congested. Nothing close to Los Angeles. Maybe if you live in Stockton then Oxnard may seem congested. We have plenty of farm land surrounding the city. We are far from land locked like in the Los Angeles area.

I disagree. I lived in Ventura, Newbury Park, and Thousand Oaks the first 36 years of my life (1962-1995). When I go back to visit family, which has been quite often recently, whoa, the place has gotten very congested. The 23 in Thousand Oaks use to be almost empty, now it bumper to bumper during rush hour. Personally, I think it would be a shame to add a large facility and further increase traffic in Ventura County. Oxnard may be surrounded by a few fields but nothing like the heartland of the country . Why ruin and give up what is left of farmland in Ventura County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County