Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 02:12 PM

266 posts, read 1,003,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsret View Post
Den, thank for you reply and it was useful. You mentioned you don't used the "local health care..." Does that mean that you use the VA there in ABQ or which Health Care System do you use?

jOE
Nope. It means I am healthy as a horse and have never had to use the facilities! Knock on wood!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 05:56 PM

299 posts, read 1,153,362 times
Den, that is great.... would love to be in that shape.

jOE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den Mathias View Post
Nope. It means I am healthy as a horse and have never had to use the facilities! Knock on wood!

Old 04-02-2012, 08:19 AM

25 posts, read 34,465 times
Hi hoping to revive this thread...my hubby and I are looking in the oxnard/PH area to retire/relocate back to california,,(from Vermont),,I have seen some of the older posts and just wondered how things ended up for the original poster..noticed they were planing a relocation in 2012..Our timeline is 2013..and doing alot of research in preparing for this..L

Old 04-04-2012, 02:15 PM

2,916 posts, read 11,079,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the comforts View Post
Hi hoping to revive this thread...my hubby and I are looking in the oxnard/PH area to retire/relocate back to california,,(from Vermont),,I have seen some of the older posts and just wondered how things ended up for the original poster..noticed they were planing a relocation in 2012..Our timeline is 2013..and doing alot of research in preparing for this..L
A lot has changed in 4 years since this thread started. You might start a new thread with your specific questions to get the most relevant answers. Good luck.

Old 05-26-2012, 02:33 PM

2 posts, read 2,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda in DC View Post
Hi,

My husband has just accepted a job at Point Mugu. We will be moving to the area from Washington DC the end of September. It is hard to believe this, but the prices look better in California than DC.

We plan on renting initially and are intrigued with the Channel Island Harbor area. I have noticed that there are alot of foreclosures, and many of these are for rent.
Also, how would you compare this area to living in Camarillo?
Can you also give me info on the Camarillo Springs golf course subdivision?

We were looking at places near the new Von's shopping area.
We like to walk and ride bikes.
Are these "safe" areas?
I am sure it is like DC, there are very safe pockets and then some that you don't even drive through.

Would we better going into Newbury Park?

Thanks for any guidance that you can provide.
Linda

Thanks.
Linda-
I am also considering moving to Point Mugu and I am in DC. How did your move go?
Thanks. Tim

Old 05-29-2012, 08:49 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHerndon View Post
Linda-
I am also considering moving to Point Mugu and I am in DC. How did your move go?
Thanks. Tim
Tim, about the only way you can move to Point Mugu is if you are stationed there, meaning that you are in the Navy and more specifically flight or Missile related. Civilians that work at Point Mugu live for the most part in Ventura County, either in Oxnard, Port Hueneme, Camarillo, Ventura, Thousand Oaks or maybe even Simi. You could also live in Malibu as it is close, but very pricey. Chances are if you were working at Point Mugu you would only live in Malibu if you were in the film industry. NCIS and NCIS Los Angeles use Point Mugu for film location work, as do other shows and movies. Your best bet would be to start a new thread and ask the same question, maybe asking where to live if you work at Point Mugu.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:45 PM

739 posts, read 1,848,598 times
This thread is four years old. I wonder where the OP wound up going?

Old 06-15-2012, 07:28 PM

679 posts, read 2,834,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNooYawk View Post
This thread is four years old. I wonder where the OP wound up going?
Well...as of five months ago, he was posting elsewhere hoping that fine people can provide insight as to places to live close to the canadian border. He stated that Bellingham had been recommended and that they will be moving to the US in 2014. I guess his plan changed and his moving to US was postponed a bit. I wonder why the canadian border, now? He stated they are considering moving to the western part of Washington to be close to the border. What a weather change.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:26 PM

299 posts, read 1,153,362 times
Smile Present And Accounted For....

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdreamin View Post
Well...as of five months ago, he was posting elsewhere hoping that fine people can provide insight as to places to live close to the canadian border. He stated that Bellingham had been recommended and that they will be moving to the US in 2014. I guess his plan changed and his moving to US was postponed a bit. I wonder why the canadian border, now? He stated they are considering moving to the western part of Washington to be close to the border. What a weather change.
texasdreamin,

Yes, if we do end up moving to WA it would be "What a weather change". I was just looking for alternative places and with the CinC (Wife) having two sisters in Canada Bellingham WA seems to be a close 2nd to Ventura County on our short list of 'Where To Live' We still want to make VC the place but naturally finances plan a major part in that decision. We are still looking at 2014, but later in year that we had wanted.

I follow CD VC Board very close, just not much for me to say without repeating and repeating. HOWEVER, I'm going to be in Camarillo on the 27th of this month and plan to check as much as possible out. Might be staying there for 3 - 4 months, mostly to get some medical issues handled by the VA in LA as I'm 100% disabled and they will treat me for everything... unlike here in the Philippines (PI) they are only allowed to treat what is Service Connected (S/C) and then there is MEDICARE & TRICARE. Here in the PI no MEDICARE and trying to using TRICARE is a laugh. Now you know why I don't post very often.... I just ramble on.

I do enjoy reading all of the posts on the forum and have made many notes to check out.

jOE
Angeles City
Philippines
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County