Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 05:11 PM

43 posts, read 196,621 times

Advertisements

I absolutely loved living in Camarillo! I only lived there for over a year. Nice family town, the older homes and their yards are well taken care and the crime there is very low if much at all. The schools are great! Close to beach. Cool breezes towards evening are nice on only the few hot summer days they have. I will miss this town and will probably return some day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 05:51 PM

2 posts, read 3,594 times
My brother and I opened the second branch of Meathead Movers, a moving company, in Camarillo early 2007 after a lot of debate and research as to where to locate it. Our moving company relies on student-athletes from local colleges as the muscle, and we found Camarillo nicely close to several junior colleges as well as up and coming Cal State Channel Islands. Now that we've been there several year, we find Camarillo to be nice family-oriented community and are happy with our decision to move there.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B16Vtec View Post
First post so don't be too hard on me, I joined cuz i grew up in camarillo and just recently visited, Last week. I love Camarillo its a great town to grow up in, i loved to skateboard when i was a kid and the town is basicaly flat so its perfect for that. Very little crime, and the notorious "Barry St" is not big anymore but is still an active gang area.

Schools are not that great, Rio Mesa High School that i when to (actually in Oxnard by satticoy) was ghetto to say the least. I got no education whatsoever from that school, i learned how to stay out of the gang side of school and to ditch classes to avoid punk kids (only had problems with white people, i'm white). If you want and education go to Camarillo High, and still its only an OK school.

As far as shopping theres not even a walmart in camarillo, only target and kmart. theres outlets and plenty of other shopping areas but no malls even close by. You probably will find yourself going to Oxnard to shop for more specific hard to find stuff: car parts, appliances, cars, etc.

And the crime in Oxnard in NOT PLAYED UP, just like anyone whos actually lived in the area and went to a school or 2 there knows that crime it teribble. Don't think that if u break down somewhere and you walk a half mile to get gas and someone sees you (and they will) that you'll have a radio or valuables in your car when you get back. The only relatively safe parts for theft and violent crime are the new shopping center area and thats it! All of the rest of Oxnard is old run down Sh#t, thers no new buildings anywhere but the new shopping area. I've ridden busses through all of oxnard (thanks to the late detention busses) and theres so many ghettos and no nice areas its unreal. Oh and if your mexican an u like the cowboys ur not alowed to where a jersy or anything that says Cowboys on it. And you can't be out past 10 talking with other mexicans (gang injunction 4 los colonias gang).

Camarillo is a great town if you move on the side by mission oaks and thousand oaks and don't mind the traffic (pretty bad!). Later guys, hope this helps, Nick
Listen NICK ive lived in oxnard for my whole life and i have never got my valuables stolen they probably just steal your things because you probably stare at them the wrong way, i bet you look like a little punk just like the rest of the people in camarillo.dont think just because you come over here your going to get your **** stolen that can happen to you anywhere.

Old 05-06-2011, 02:44 PM

3,455 posts, read 8,344,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert805 View Post
Listen NICK ive lived in oxnard for my whole life and i have never got my valuables stolen they probably just steal your things because you probably stare at them the wrong way, i bet you look like a little punk just like the rest of the people in camarillo.dont think just because you come over here your going to get your **** stolen that can happen to you anywhere.
oh right. Because looking at someone "the wrong way" is license to steal from them. I think we understand now, and your not doing Oxnard any favors by revealing this logic.

Old 05-07-2011, 02:56 PM

2,916 posts, read 11,079,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb123 View Post
oh right. Because looking at someone "the wrong way" is license to steal from them. I think we understand now, and your not doing Oxnard any favors by revealing this logic.
I looked at a guy once and nothing happened. I looked at a woman and she became my girlfriend. Both incidents happened in Oxnard.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:39 AM

1,549 posts, read 4,257,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
I looked at a guy once and nothing happened. I looked at a woman and she became my girlfriend. Both incidents happened in Oxnard.
Ohhh how sweet!!!!

Old 05-08-2011, 01:18 PM

2,916 posts, read 11,079,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKLO View Post
Ohhh how sweet!!!!
True story!

Old 12-29-2011, 02:25 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,763,183 times
My parents regret having moved out of Camarillo. They moved into a neighborhood in Oxnard that became run-down because of the 90s gang issues. Oxnard isn't bad, but you have to chose the right areas and usually newer areas are best in Oxnard.

Camarillo has a good amount of it's own shopping-outlet mall and big box centers. Still for Costco, Fry's, Sam's Club, and the new mall you will want to do some shopping trips in Camarillo.

Camarillo has some really nice churches and it touches the beach.

It also has it's own college.

The downtown is incredible. One of the best in SoCal I'd say.

The 6 places I'd live in VC are Oxnard, Camarillo, Ventura, Thousand Oaks, Simi Valley, and Moorpark. Newbury Park and Filmore are great too.

Old 12-29-2011, 02:41 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,957,828 times
I love Camarillo.

My favorite part of Soaring over California is the portion of Camarillo! It is close to the beaches and has terrific weather. Good health care and the homes are pretty decently priced.

I am not sure if they have a Forever 21 close by.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:43 PM

275 posts, read 793,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Trails View Post

Good health care and the homes are pretty decently priced.
I lived there in the early '90s while I was working at Mugu. Fantastic area. I would go back in a minute. But, what do you consider "decently priced"? Not to criticize your comment. I'm trying to get a feel as to how much the real estate market has fallen in the Camarillo area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County