Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 12:44 PM

5,439 posts, read 16,896,761 times

Advertisements

Hi guys

Does anyone know much about this complex? Well maintained? What kind of "people" "live" or "go there" during the winter (not sure if that is a valid question......).

It seems "reasonably" priced for 2 bedroom unit (although I have not found out about maintenance fees, nor have I seen the insides in real life--just pictures). There's a few well under 100k.

Possible plan is to move into a condo while renting out our house in NJ for a while. Pay off the condo and then re-consider what we want in life while experiencing something we have always wanted to try. We know we love the mad river valley but don't want to commit to selling our home in NJ yet.

I would be bringing my job with me which is independent of the local economy. the biggest concern is what the heck do you do during the winter. We will also have a new baby so we probably won't get out too much. This doesn't differ TOO much from NJ, but I think my wife thinks of going to Barnes and Noble or to the mall (not to shop, but just to walk around) in the winter here. Not sure if we're just going to go nuts being stuck in a small condo all winter.

theres a few others that look ok... a bit more $$$

they are all listed here: http://www.sugarbush.com/vermont-rea...condo-listings

not sure if that is up to date.

how is the MRV handling the downturn?

Last edited by joe moving; 07-12-2010 at 01:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 03:06 PM

Uh wow! Found out the maintenance fees are $1k a month.... guess I will look at single family homes or apartments.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:02 PM

2,186 posts, read 6,842,256 times
The Bridges is a nice place but for ownership the monthly fee is way over the top. Most other places are much less, typical for a 2br place are $200-400/month. Your paying for the health club, that's why it's so high.

Old 07-13-2010, 01:35 PM

thanks................Sounds like Lynx and Timberline are both significantly (less than half) lower and "Grand Hollow" is still much lower.

Old 07-13-2010, 02:55 PM

North Lynx units probably will be the cheapest as they are the first condos built at the Bush. The complex was first called Middle Earth. They are setup like your standard type unit. Good location. Timberline is abit diferent in that the units have alot of sf but they have many small rooms. Best to check them out for yourself. Keep in mind when it comes to individual owned units the quality of the interior of the units can vary greatly depending on each units ownership.

Old 07-14-2010, 05:27 AM

The Timberlines actually are significantly cheaper (association fee) than all others and yes they do seem to be a bit bigger (the one up now is 3 bed 2 bath at about 1100 sq ft). The monthly is but quite reasonable for what you are getting (trash, plowing, sewer, outside maint, etc.). The realtor at Graves mentioned there may be more full timers at the Timberlines than others which is nice also... I think. We may get up next month???? to check it out. We have been up for the stage race every year for some time now.

I like the name Middle Earth better

Old 07-14-2010, 06:59 AM

76 posts, read 202,747 times
Tripadvisor.com is an excellent website with detailed traveler reviews of just about every place imaginable. There may be information on the condos there.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:57 AM

sorry if this is not quite on topic but would it be difficult to "get out" in the winter in the Warren/Waitsfield area with a 9 month old ? we are ok to bundle him up and go out snow shoeing or hiking or whatever but not when it is probably 20F or below which i imagine is very often.

Last edited by joe moving; 08-17-2010 at 11:39 AM..

Old 09-19-2010, 10:39 AM

We are still trying to consider the possibility of a condo or something in the sugarbush area.

we are not set on a condo but would not be there full time and don't want something we have to worry to much about.... also not set on being so close to Sugarbush but i guess 15-20 minutes by car to the area (not the mountain) would be nice.

right now the cheapest 2 BR we can find is a Lynx unit which is asking 125k. the association fee is a bit high (for us... i guess it's probably pretty normal) at $300/month. there's an additional "$1000-1200" per year for sewer and roads.

are there any options we might be missing out on.

thanks...

Old 09-19-2010, 07:23 PM

I'm on the BOD of our condo assoc and since part of the association fee has to do with the ammenities. I don't think Timberline has many. My place doesn't either that's why our condo fee is low.

As mentioned North Lynx is the oldest complex, $125 for a 2br is a good price. Course, it also depends on the condition of the unit. There is a premium since it's at the base of the resort. To not only get around the resort but the valley as well you just have get on the free valley bus system a few feet from North Lynx. The Mad Bus system is availble to pretty much any condo complex in the valley.
http://www.madrivervalley.com/vermon....asp?contID=23

I would go talk to a Realtor about some places that are not obvious like Butternut, about 4 miles from the Bush. They have access to all the condo complexs in the valley. It's a buyers market right now, think everyone knows that. I like Graves or Johnson Real Estate. Battleground is another place, I really like it, several friends live there. It's about 8 miles to the Bush but I am sure it will be more expensive. Has a high($600) condo fee as they have tennis courts and a swimming pool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
View detailed profiles of: