Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 08:55 PM

5,793 posts, read 13,930,887 times

Advertisements

Well, my wife and I were in Burlington today and on Church Street. What perfect weather too! Upper 70s and quite sunny. Because we live in the NEK, miles away from the place, we went all out and had some Starbuck's coffee and of course, B&J's ice cream. Today I got one of their waffle cones with chocolate chip cookie dough and some kinda fudgy chocolate. I did notice the Vermonster advertised, but being a somewhat reasonable and sane person, just opted for the portability of something a little more portable. As if I could eat one of them things!?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2007, 10:47 PM

2,186 posts, read 6,822,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
Haha that is funny. My 19 year old daughter who weighs 97 lbs soakin wet, ate a Pig Trouf (I have no idea how to spell that word..lol) at Farrells Ice Cream Parlor, god knows how she managed that!! What gets me, is all the sprinkles and toppings they put on these monster Yuck
Man, that brings back some memories. Did eat the Pig Trough at Farrells about 40 years ago somewhere in SoCal and even got a ribbon that said, "I Made a Pig of Myself at Farrels".

Old 07-13-2007, 12:57 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,955,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRVphotog View Post
Man, that brings back some memories. Did eat the Pig Trough at Farrells about 40 years ago somewhere in SoCal and even got a ribbon that said, "I Made a Pig of Myself at Farrels".
Haha, so did my daughter. They also made her sing a song about how she is a pig. It was really cute. She also had to bend the tip of her nose up to make it look like a pig for everyone.

Old 07-13-2007, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by square peg View Post
Well, my wife and I were in Burlington today and on Church Street. What perfect weather too! Upper 70s and quite sunny. Because we live in the NEK, miles away from the place, we went all out and had some Starbuck's coffee and of course, B&J's ice cream. Today I got one of their waffle cones with chocolate chip cookie dough and some kinda fudgy chocolate. I did notice the Vermonster advertised, but being a somewhat reasonable and sane person, just opted for the portability of something a little more portable. As if I could eat one of them things!?!

It takes a tough person to eat one of those!! lol. I will stick to my double scoop of mint chocolate chip in a waffle cup

Old 07-13-2007, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
ditto, had no idea and I've lived in VT for 10 years!
Hahaha...

Old 07-13-2007, 03:39 AM

43 posts, read 177,539 times
Farrells Ice Cream Parlor?!
I didn't know they still existed!! I loved going there as a kid, but the only one around here closed down about 20 years ago!

Old 07-13-2007, 06:39 AM

1,652 posts, read 2,548,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
Hahaha...
Now that I think about it I do remembers seeing signs for them in Burlington, but I guess I just assumed it was a regional name for soft serve and not something special (obviously I didn't eat any or I would have known )

We definitely don't have any creemee stands down this way, lots of good soft serve places though.

Where I live, straddling the VT/NH border, is an interesting area, half VT, half NH with the best of both worlds really IMO.

Old 07-13-2007, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
Now that I think about it I do remembers seeing signs for them in Burlington, but I guess I just assumed it was a regional name for soft serve and not something special (obviously I didn't eat any or I would have known )

We definitely don't have any creemee stands down this way, lots of good soft serve places though.

Where I live, straddling the VT/NH border, is an interesting area, half VT, half NH with the best of both worlds really IMO.

We have Dairy Queens, Baskin Robbins, Ben&Jerrys, Farells, and Cold Stone Creamery. Dairy Queen is where we go for the soft serve, it is really creamy and sooo good...I swear this this thread is making me want some ice cream. It is one of my favorite treats. Are there any creemee stands in So Vermont? We are going to be there in Oct, and I think after reading this thread, I am going to have to try one

Old 07-20-2007, 11:24 AM

2 posts, read 4,753 times
Three years ago, I was in Burlington for the Jazz Festival at the Flynn with my band and, between 13 of us, we managed to conquer one :P

Most of the ice cream stands around here close during the winter but sugar-on-snow is common.

Old 07-20-2007, 04:46 PM

1,405 posts, read 4,785,903 times
Which band is your Band?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont