Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 04:37 PM

41 posts, read 140,438 times

Advertisements

I think going to farms would be great! I got my house rabbit from a farm. He's so spoiled, and I have to tell him how lucky he is. He may have ended up on someone's plate! lol

I love the "locally grown food". I also read somewhere on the internet that somewhere in Vermont is very vegetarian/vegan friendly, but can't exactly remember where. We don't have any Whole Foods Markets or a lot of fresh, healthy options here. Mostly, people are either skinny & on pills or they are overweight. There's nothing to do here except eat or do drugs. At least a lot of us feel that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 09:15 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,393,356 times
Kdlog, I'm an atheist and hate hunters as well. You will have no problem with religion in any of the three states you mentioned. However, I have seen dead bears strapped to peoples trucks during hunting season in Maine. Hunting is also big in NH. I've seen less of it in VT.

Honestly, I would recommend Vermont to you. It's far more beautiful than either Maine or NH. NH has tons of strip malls and "junk." Vermont is very orderly and clean. Southern Maine is a hell hole with freeways, ugly towns and a lot of people.

Finally, why come in March? This is not an advantageous month to see the beauty of any of these places. Why not June or the Fall?

Old 02-13-2012, 01:05 PM

41 posts, read 140,438 times
I learned last night that I will most likely not be able to come in March now, which is probably a good thing anyway so I can have more time to plan.

Thanks also for the information!

Old 02-15-2012, 04:34 AM

72 posts, read 99,850 times
I'm coming to VT in March exactly so that I don't get carried away!

Old 02-15-2012, 05:08 AM

1,822 posts, read 5,134,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladelfina View Post
I'm coming to VT in March exactly so that I don't get carried away!
Excellent idea. If you love it here in March, that's promising.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:14 AM

444 posts, read 788,888 times
We came in early May last year, intending the trip to be a preliminary look. My only previous time spent here was two days in 1974. The weather was perfect. We started looking on a Monday and made an offer that Friday.

If you know the area you're interested in you can see everything quickly. There is so little turnover in some areas that if you like a house, you probably should buy it. One of our neighbors has lived in the same house for 49 years, and another for 25. We're happy with our choice and haven't seen any compelling new listings since then.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:33 PM

8 posts, read 23,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
It's far more beautiful than either Maine or NH. NH has tons of strip malls and "junk." Vermont is very orderly and clean. Southern Maine is a hell hole with freeways, ugly towns and a lot of people.
I don't think you gave a very good example about either Maine or NH, I mean I may not know much about NH but I do know that Maine isn't a "hell hole" with freeways? nor ugly towns. Maine is all about their coastal, scenic towns and such and soo on. Southern Maine has more people than the northern parts, much more, but that doesn't make it a hellhole, no more then NH or Vermont.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:56 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,496,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calebray95 View Post
I don't think you gave a very good example about either Maine or NH, I mean I may not know much about NH but I do know that Maine isn't a "hell hole" with freeways? nor ugly towns. Maine is all about their coastal, scenic towns and such and soo on. Southern Maine has more people than the northern parts, much more, but that doesn't make it a hellhole, no more then NH or Vermont.
I too, take offense to that, Yes NH, especially southern NH has a lot more "junk" like stores to shop at, jobs to work at and amenities for entertainment. Does that mean the state is Ugly. definitely not. In my opinion it makes it way more livable, then living up in Vermont 30+ miles away from the closest grocery store.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:25 AM

399 posts, read 855,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris410 View Post
I too, take offense to that, Yes NH, especially southern NH has a lot more "junk" like stores to shop at, jobs to work at and amenities for entertainment. Does that mean the state is Ugly. definitely not. In my opinion it makes it way more livable, then living up in Vermont 30+ miles away from the closest grocery store.
And I take exception to that awful description of Maine as well. Maybe that's why we don't tell many people about it. That way we have it all to ourselves.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:54 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,768,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdlog View Post
Not sure about the hospitals, but there are clinics in Bennington, Brattleboro, Colchester, Newport, and Rutlan

I should probably add that, while I've never visited Oregon, everything I've researched about it seems it would fit me well, except for the weather (drizzly & grey mostly) I can't handle that.
Not to hijack the thread, but to clarify, not all of Oregon is drizzly. Fully 2/3 is east of the Cascades and sunnier and much drier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont