Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 12:37 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,198,652 times

Advertisements

I have been wondering if the quick arrests are due to the fact the Feds got involved straight away. I think of Pat O'Hagan and the Curriers and wonder if those could have had any kind of outcome if the same tactics were in place on day one. Honestly, I just don't think we have enough crime in VT to have real "seasoned" investigators.... I know a good thing, right? Or these people were dumber than most.

At least the arrest of a couple supports what the little boy said that , "they took Mommy". Plural. And of course, they would have had to strangle her in her car to get her away from protecting her child. Sickos that must have been under some influence. But, my kid is now packing wasp spray(stronger than mace) because the nastiness of some people can exist anywhere. And my kid working with the victims Mom and living down the street from the scene brings it a little too close to home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 01:36 PM

530 posts, read 1,344,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanstone1 View Post
I have been wondering if the quick arrests are due to the fact the Feds got involved straight away. I think of Pat O'Hagan and the Curriers and wonder if those could have had any kind of outcome if the same tactics were in place on day one. Honestly, I just don't think we have enough crime in VT to have real "seasoned" investigators.... I know a good thing, right? Or these people were dumber than most.

At least the arrest of a couple supports what the little boy said that , "they took Mommy". Plural. And of course, they would have had to strangle her in her car to get her away from protecting her child. Sickos that must have been under some influence. But, my kid is now packing wasp spray(stronger than mace) because the nastiness of some people can exist anywhere. And my kid working with the victims Mom and living down the street from the scene brings it a little too close to home.
Well I am glad they are on to them right away, but makes me so sad to think of her child.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:52 PM

1,652 posts, read 2,559,099 times
It's a horrible story, but I'm glad they found the murderers right away.

From the court docs it sound like this was nothing more than a "thrill killing" which is just... unimaginable.

Waterford couple pleads not guilty in Melissa Jenkins murder - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

Quote:
According to a police affidavit, during questioning, Allen Prue confessed to elements of the crime. Prue told police he and his wife were driving around Sunday and came up with an idea to "get a girl." He told police his wife called Jenkins and told her they were having car trouble and asked if she could come help. Prue told police he strangled Jenkins there on the side of the road, and then the couple took her body back to their house, wrapped it in a tarp, tied a cinderblock to it, and took the body to Barnet and dumped it in the Connecticut River.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:23 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,261,454 times
Very sad and cruel indeed.
!SO glad they found who did it.........

I agree, too many of these go unsolved.

Last edited by Summerz; 03-28-2012 at 03:02 PM..

Old 03-28-2012, 03:07 PM

18,332 posts, read 26,588,978 times
Those two killers are some seriously disgusting people.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:25 PM

3,459 posts, read 10,301,093 times
This is hitting very close to home for me and I have been sick over this for the past few days. I'm so glad the authorities have found and arrested these people - if you can even call them that. Monsters is more like it.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:54 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,198,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
It's a horrible story, but I'm glad they found the murderers right away.

From the court docs it sound like this was nothing more than a "thrill killing" which is just... unimaginable.

Waterford couple pleads not guilty in Melissa Jenkins murder - WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-

It is so horrible and I was mainly going by what my daughter told me from working with Melissa's Mom. Ddin't even see the paper or news to start with. All I can say, is we are small enough that Melissa is our state's daughter. Doesn't just apply to senseless killings in Florida. Unfortunately, it found it's way here and it now has 2 faces.

All my kid keeps texting me is "why?" Hard question for any of us to answer.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:58 PM

819 posts, read 1,499,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vter View Post
This is hitting very close to home for me and I have been sick over this for the past few days. I'm so glad the authorities have found and arrested these people - if you can even call them that. Monsters is more like it.
Agreed. I remember that you were familiar with the St J area well. I'm not too far away from there. Tragic.

Now it is time to solve for Pat O'Hagan.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:17 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,727,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Those two killers are some seriously disgusting people.

Agreed....I just don't understand it. I live so so close to that area. Why why? I feel like this is something that could have happened to me as well.....sad.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:44 PM

5,793 posts, read 13,971,618 times
I've been sick about this since I read the news. All crimes like this make me sick. My sympathies to her family and friends. You're a wise lady, swanstone, to provide your kid with that fighting chance. Good advice for all...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont