Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 07:12 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,663,180 times

Advertisements

UGHDONTEVENBOTHER
Son has lived in VT for 18 years, previously from NJ. Both he and wife are teachers and have 2 children. They absolutely love living in VT. Shopping? On line or Saratoga every few months, teaching jobs pay a lot less than other states, but they truly enjoy teaching, friends? they have made many GOOD friends who always take care of each other when someone needs something, Children? well behaved, unspoiled, respectful, enjoy outdoor activities, A students, do community service, do not have cell phones or IPADS, limited computer time to school work, shopping isn't high on their priorities. Those are just a few things off the top of my head.

If you are so unhappy with VT - MOVE! I can't understand why people who are unhappy with where they live feel the need to bash the place...move on and find a place that will make YOU a happy person. What makes you unhappy doesn't necessarily make others unhappy. Will ANY place make you happy?

Old 03-21-2013, 07:11 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,390 times
Very true Ellwood. It's fine to describe the good and bad of where you are, others can gain valuable perspective from it. I fell out of love with Vermont for reasons that vary, but mostly, I want to move on and be warmer I believe the poster in question must have had a fairly recent, bad experience to warrant the tirades. Just venting I guess.

I can't say that I've been to a state that hasn't changed wildly in the last 20 years or so. Some changes are good, some not so good. In Vermont, if you want to live in the Old Vermont, it's not far away, it's just more expensive than it was. Overall, Vermont's done very well economically given the small size and scale of the state.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Very true Ellwood. It's fine to describe the good and bad of where you are, others can gain valuable perspective from it. I fell out of love with Vermont for reasons that vary, but mostly, I want to move on and be warmer
Valuable information and facts to other posters is one thing, however ranting from a personal perspective is entirely different.

We travel a great deal, especially in our RV, which is a great way to see the beauty of America, but we also see many, many depressed areas, rows of businesses closed, towns virtually empty, homeless, homes abandoned, many in the south. Grass isn't always greener.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:47 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Valuable information and facts to other posters is one thing, however ranting from a personal perspective is entirely different.

We travel a great deal, especially in our RV, which is a great way to see the beauty of America, but we also see many, many depressed areas, rows of businesses closed, towns virtually empty, homeless, homes abandoned, many in the south. Grass isn't always greener.
That's very, very true. I can tick off a lot of negative things about areas I've been to. Some make them non-starters, others are just thing you either can accept, or not. A lot of place can be made to look very good, if you have the money to do so Some place are great to visit or vacation, then leave. Sometimes, the simple things are just enough.

A lot of people's perspectives come from their vocations and avocations. If you hate your job, or can't find one, that tends to disproportionately color your perspective of everything.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:31 AM

19 posts, read 171,276 times
Elwood you clearly don't like the TRUTH. No ranting and raving just REALITY! Never said everywhere else is GREAT. In fact, most places have tons of problems. Doesn't change the fact that Vermont SUCKS. You and all your brethren don't GET that

Old 03-21-2013, 08:39 AM

If I were considering moving to VT, reading your post would only convince me that you are a very angry, unhappy person. Anyone seriously considering VT would certainly do their own research rather than rely on a post on C-D. I hope you move on and find a place where you enjoy living.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:09 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,631,075 times
Elwood you clearly don't like the TRUTH. No ranting and raving just REALITY! Never said everywhere else is GREAT. In fact, most places have tons of problems. Doesn't change the fact that Vermont SUCKS. You and all your brethren don't GET that

Ughdontevenbother Do us a favor and GET OVER IT!! Vermont is not like your blessed Massachusetts in a lot of respects and I am sure a lot of Vermonters are just happy with that. If you don't like, MOVE. Unless you can't because you are still young enough to be living with your parents. Then you'll have to wait awhile. In the meantime try to act like an adult and stop whining.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:51 AM

3,459 posts, read 10,267,750 times
I think this thread has pretty much run its course....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont