Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2007, 05:26 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,174,827 times

Advertisements

Hello from across the river in NH!

We live in Littleton, NH and have relatives in the Schuylerville/Saratoga Springs area of NYS. Since we get there by going through Vermont, I wondered if anyone knew of a "better" way to get there. We've tried two different ways.

Our "normal way" is to start on I-91 down to WRJ, pick up 89 for a short distance, then Rt. 4 which takes us through the various towns along the way, and eventually to Schuylerville.

Another way we tried was similar, but somewhere along Rt. 4 we picked up Rt. 145 (I think), which took us to I-87 (the Northway) and down to Saratoga.

The second took us longer and we didn't particular care for that route.

Anyway, I was wondering if there's another way to "get there from here" and since we travel mostly through Vermont, who better to ask than Vermonters!

Hubby prefers driving on interstates, I don't mind the little towns, but they drive him crazy - he'd rather get from point A to point B as quickly as possible without the stops and starts going through towns, if that makes any difference in another way to get there.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.....We've pretty much been told our first route is the "quickest" way to do it, but I just wanted to check it out a little further
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 06:26 AM

3,459 posts, read 10,263,765 times
Yowzers. Certainly one of those you can't get there from here situations. Probably the best way to go is 91 south to Route 4 west to 149 in Ft. Ann NY over to the Northway, then south toward Saratoga Springs. There are also some back ways you can take from the Rutland area but they are non-highway routes and would probably drive your husband crazy!

Old 12-27-2007, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vter View Post
Yowzers. Certainly one of those you can't get there from here situations. Probably the best way to go is 91 south to Route 4 west to 149 in Ft. Ann NY over to the Northway, then south toward Saratoga Springs. There are also some back ways you can take from the Rutland area but they are non-highway routes and would probably drive your husband crazy!
Thank you - I had a feeling it was going to be one of those can't get there from here things......I think I had the wrong route in my original post - I think it was 149 and not 145 that we took. We've used all the online maps and "hard copy" maps and couldn't find any other ways, but I figured it was worth a shot to ask!

Old 12-27-2007, 07:24 AM

3,459 posts, read 10,263,765 times
My mom lives south of Rutland and we go over to Saratoga occasionally when I visit her. We take a myriad of back roads and end up in Salem, NY, then over to Greenwich, then on into Schylerville. Routes that your hubby would probably hate!

Old 12-27-2007, 09:53 AM

1,475 posts, read 4,141,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vter View Post
Agree. I can't think of a better way.

I go from Burlington to Saratoga every month. There's no avoiding the little roads.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:47 AM

Thank you again Vter and also quickdraw - I enjoy going through the various towns, so hubby will just have to deal with it....He's good about, just prefers the interstates, which I find extremely monotonous

Old 12-27-2007, 10:58 AM

1,475 posts, read 4,141,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
I enjoy going through the various towns, so hubby will just have to deal with it....He's good about, just prefers the interstates, which I find extremely monotonous
Sounds like I should travel with your husband and you should travel with my wife.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Sounds like I should travel with your husband and you should travel with my wife.
hehehe - must be a "guy thing"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
View detailed profiles of: