Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 10:18 AM

155 posts, read 614,223 times

Advertisements

Does anyone live in this area or know a good bit about it? We found what appears to be a nice rental but have not gone up in person yet just seen some pictures. We are looking at it because of its location being close to both Burlington and Stowe. Would this be a nice area for a young family looking to escape city life here in the Baltimore Md area? Thanks for any input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 10:46 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,829,950 times
Hi, I am somewhat familiar with the Waterbury area; if you do want to be close to Stowe and Burlington, this would be a good location to consider. I attend a monthly meeting in Waterbury Center and have noticed, actually, that there seems to be a slow and steady change to the area...houses being fixed up, a few new shops and little restaurants/cafes. As a real estate agent, I think those signs reflect growth, pride and a renewed community spirit. Is that helpful to you? Feel free to respond with other questions...Waterbury is also about 20 mins, give or take from Burlington Airport which is a small (international too, I believe) but easy in and/out airport to use. The Waterbury, Stowe exit, off of 89, is about 10 mins from the Montpelier exit too.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:21 AM

2,062 posts, read 3,963,886 times
I love Waterbury...I think it's just big enough to have a good amount of amenities but has a good community spirit...it does have it's run down areas, but I agree that they've been doing a lot lately to improve...

Luv80s off this forum lives in Waterbury, if I'm not mistaken...I'm sure she could provide more info.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:43 AM

When you say run down areas you mean older not so well kept buildings in places? Community Spirit is great and can do a lot in a small town. It is nice to hear things are going in a positive direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkln View Post
I love Waterbury...I think it's just big enough to have a good amount of amenities but has a good community spirit...it does have it's run down areas, but I agree that they've been doing a lot lately to improve...

Luv80s off this forum lives in Waterbury, if I'm not mistaken...I'm sure she could provide more info.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:02 PM

231 posts, read 869,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermont08 View Post
When you say run down areas you mean older not so well kept buildings in places? Community Spirit is great and can do a lot in a small town. It is nice to hear things are going in a positive direction.
There is very little "run down". Nothing like you'd see in East Baltimore. Think more "unkempt". And it is very limited. There has been a recent increase in Eastern Europeans being transferred here. That is culturally diverse as it gets I am afraid.
(As I said in my PM I live in Waterbury Village.)

Old 01-25-2008, 12:15 PM

It is nice to hear from someone who lives there. The place we are planning to go see is in the Village near Main St. Which may mean something to you but nothing to us as we have never been there. Our only trip to Vt was in June to the Burlington area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnMtnFire View Post
There is very little "run down". Nothing like you'd see in East Baltimore. Think more "unkempt". And it is very limited. There has been a recent increase in Eastern Europeans being transferred here. That is culturally diverse as it gets I am afraid.
(As I said in my PM I live in Waterbury Village.)

Old 01-25-2008, 01:33 PM

259 posts, read 1,324,676 times
Small amount off-topic........I've always been curious......is the area north of the interstate Waterbury as well or is that Colbyville?

Old 01-25-2008, 01:48 PM

3,459 posts, read 10,273,074 times
Colbyville is a village within in the town of Waterbury. I never hear anyone refer to it as Colbyville. Just plain ol Waterbury.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:08 PM

259 posts, read 1,324,676 times
So, just to make sure I understand this.........Waterbury, as a town, has a village within it also called Waterbury and another village within it called Colbyville?

Old 01-25-2008, 02:22 PM

3,459 posts, read 10,273,074 times
Yes.....not uncommon at all here in Vermont to have this...Morrisville, up the road, is in the town of Morristown. In Waitsfield you have Waitsfield & Irasville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont