Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 08:05 PM

14 posts, read 52,936 times

Advertisements

Anyone know of any good day care places or certified individuals who provide care in the upper valley that don't have a 2 year waiting list?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 04:59 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,065,882 times
Have you tried all the places in the phone book--like Green Mountain (in White River Junction)? I am not sure who has waiting lists but your next bet would be to try the newspapers or craig's list and maybe find someone who does private babysitting from their houses.

Good luck.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:22 PM

1,652 posts, read 2,548,448 times
Our son has attended Babble-On in WRJ (802) 295-4839 for 4 year and we have been VERY happy with it. Our friends' daughter has attended Green Mountain for the same period,they are excellent as well.

Both are off Sykes Ave. in White River.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:25 PM

6 posts, read 19,750 times
If your near South Royalton Vermont, I would suggest Magic Mountain Day care, they are a bit steep in price but well encouraged and reccomended by other parents.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:32 AM

35 posts, read 122,588 times
Both of our children attended the daycare at Kendal at Hanover - a very well kept secret. It was wonderful and felt just like a family...they have all these facilities like a huge "campus" where they can walk kids around even inside in winter, a pool, a cafeteria (all meals provided, no packing lunches!) loving care... wonderful playgrounds and in a safe area. Their director is Tammy Piper and their # is 603-643-7020. They run all year round and hardly ever close for any reason, I think the hours are 7:30 or 8 until 5pm M-F. Both my kids went there. They often have some openings in the summer as they allow some families with summers off (such as teacher parents) to leave in summer and fill those spots, then you can often get in that way. When we started my son only had 1 day a week then we took any extra days they had as they came up... I guess you could just call and check. They are on RT 10 in Hanover just outside town heading toward Lyme - just after CRREL and the Hanover Middle school.

Good luck
Robyn

Old 03-24-2009, 08:25 PM

894 posts, read 1,557,467 times
If you or your spouse work for DHMC their daycare is excellent. There was a long waiting list for kids under 3, over 3 there was good availability.

Old 03-25-2009, 04:14 AM

Have you actually found people pay you $15 an HOUR to watch their kids? Here, in El Cheapo Land? 15 an hour is like...most peoples' hourly salary at a job...or theirs plus half a spouse's...

Good luck to you anyhow. I'm thinking of starting my own business, too, soon until things pick up.

Old 03-25-2009, 04:49 AM

85 posts, read 249,820 times
So, if I dare ask.....what is the going hourly rate for child care in the home or otherwise? If anyone is willing to share such personal info. An estimate lets say. Will it pay me to stay home in the summer with three children?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Have you actually found people pay you $15 an HOUR to watch their kids? Here, in El Cheapo Land? 15 an hour is like...most peoples' hourly salary at a job...or theirs plus half a spouse's...

Good luck to you anyhow. I'm thinking of starting my own business, too, soon until things pick up.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:12 AM

I really don't know. I was a trained teacher/experienced preschool teacher before I had my son but I knew I would stay home w/him because the pay didn't equal what I'd have to give someone to sit for him.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:16 AM

14 posts, read 52,936 times
Default Re: Daycare Info Request

Thanks to all who replied! Eventually got on about 4 waiting lists and luckily got a place after about 4 months at River Valley Club FitKids Daycare across from DHMC. You don't have to be a member of the River Valley Club to enroll in the daycare program and as a perk you get free use of the pool with your kids. Considering the length of winter and need for kid-fun activity inside, the heated pool was a plus! My daughter loves the daycare facility and its small enough not to be overwhelming for her. I think there are only 5-6 other toddlers in her group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont