Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 05:05 PM

2,186 posts, read 6,828,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippperhead View Post
I feel your pain. i was born and raised there. Since I left there in 1986 it is almost half the population it was! I guess everyone else took the hint and got out of there! And yes there isn't anything to do except get drunk and smoke pot! However, that is what many small towns that are losing population are like!
I live in a small town in Vermont and there are lots of things to do. We all don't get drunk and smoke pot. Thanks for the insult tho and propagatting another ignorant stereotype.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 05:58 AM

18 posts, read 115,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TITANIUMCHICK View Post
Yeah that would be cool cause its near NY,But the Crime and gangs are a little too Previlant up around there. I guess the police pull bodies out of the otter creek all the time,from what i hear from actual residents that is,and some from the news.

Uh.........no? LOL

I lived in Vermont for many years, some just above Rutland and some just below Rutland, and I can assure you that if they ever HAVE pulled A body out of otter creek, it either was because someone was drunk and fell in, or....because they were drunk and fell in.

Rutland has maybe one little gang that you never hear anything from. The marijuana problem and cocaine problem is comparable to any city that size.

Id move back in a moment if I could afford to live there. Unfortunately with the taxes and housing prices, I cant. And yes Id have a good job (RN)

You make it sound like the Sopranos live there LoL

Old 07-30-2008, 10:51 AM

862 posts, read 1,052,067 times
In your situation Springfield is probaly as good as it gets in Vt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont