Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 09:16 AM

1,747 posts, read 3,013,290 times

Advertisements

Mary asked:
Quote:
Nelly Nomad-

What part of Vermont are you planning to relocate to? What state are you comming from?
Heading to Burlington area, give or take 40-50 miles, coming from Wisconsin. We've lived in a number of states, Wisconsin being our latest stop . With any luck, we'll be there by the winter holidays (hope there's snow!).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2008, 09:43 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,259,447 times
Okay but why would Hawaiian/Pacific Islander rates of business ownership contribute at all to states like Vermont or Missouri? Maybe Hawaii or California, but Vermont? They used weird factors to come up with some of this.

Old 06-21-2008, 11:52 AM

1,118 posts, read 4,759,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Assets and Opportunity Scorecard (http://www.cfed.org/focus.m?parentid=31&siteid=2471&id=2476 - broken link)
I'm from AZ and we had this on our forum. I came over here to check out what a "A" state was like. I wonder if this could be because your liberals. lol
Anyway, congrats! I envy your grade!
Thank you for sharing this, Twiggy. My husband and I discuss Vermont's pros and cons quite a bit. This information is very helpful! (I'm printing out Vermont's page to show him!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly Nomad View Post
Mary asked:Heading to Burlington area, give or take 40-50 miles, coming from Wisconsin. We've lived in a number of states, Wisconsin being our latest stop . With any luck, we'll be there by the winter holidays (hope there's snow!).
Hi Nelly,
My husband and I will be heading to Stowe after our DD graduates from high school next year. We enjoy visiting Burlington, and will be exploring the general area to see if we want to sell our little condo and go into a house. Maybe we'll see you in our travels!

Waterbury and Waitsfield are a couple of areas we'll be exploring. Stowe is gorgeous, but we would prefer more reasonable real estate costs and just make the drive into Stowe.

What part of Wisconsin are you moving from? My relatives are in Appleton, and when I'm homesick... it's for Appleton!

You must really like snow - from Wisconsin to Vermont! We like snow, too. Our friends think we're crazy..."What? Retire to SNOW COUNTRY?"

Best of house-hunting luck to you! Keep us posted!

Old 06-21-2008, 09:01 PM

3,886 posts, read 10,084,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelly Nomad View Post
I hope it wasn't me who gave you the impression our decision to move to VT was based on the survey! Our plans had been started well before this. I was merely saying how nice it was to see something so overwhelmingly positive (who doesn't like Straight A's?).

Having spent time doing research, we think we have a pretty realistic idea of what Vermont is like. At least as realistic as one can have without actually living there. We're well aware that Vermont has warts. What state doesn't? Even if a completely wide-eyed innocent were to think any state was a utopia, one hour on the C-D boards would straighten them out right quick. C-D people aren't shy about "telling it like it is" .

We're looking forward to our relocation (still have to get my rear in gear and start some serious house-hunting ). And Twiggy's data was fun to read. Thanks, again, Twiggy!
No problem. Maybe you all can tutor me since I'm getting F's.. lol
These stats are fun to read. It's really just one view but sorta fun to see.
I didn't post this on ours, someone else did. eewww, you should've seen the sparks fly. ha ha Goodbye Vermont

Old 06-22-2008, 12:18 AM

4,250 posts, read 10,453,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Assets and Opportunity Scorecard (http://www.cfed.org/focus.m?parentid=31&siteid=2471&id=2476 - broken link)
I'm from AZ and we had this on our forum. I came over here to check out what a "A" state was like. I wonder if this could be because your liberals. lol
Anyway, congrats! I envy your grade!
Wow, I just checked out that little report card. I was born in Mpls, MN and am grateful I grew up in a smart place. However, I am now living in an "F" place and the drop in my IQ is definitely noticeable, which is very depressing. When I travel to SF, it goes up a few points, and I recognize this.

Old 06-22-2008, 01:48 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,084,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Wow, I just checked out that little report card. I was born in Mpls, MN and am grateful I grew up in a smart place. However, I am now living in an "F" place and the drop in my IQ is definitely noticeable, which is very depressing. When I travel to SF, it goes up a few points, and I recognize this.
Hey, movin on! Funny seeing you here. ha ha I feel like a real traveler on here. lol Wow, you grew up in the cold country. Yes, cold seems to equal smart for some reason. Notice where most of the good colleges are? lol
I feel like an idiot being from Phoenix. I'm glad no one believes this stuff or I would feel really bad right now. ha ha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont