Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 02:01 PM

18,363 posts, read 26,571,489 times

Advertisements

I like it, ohbeehave. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 08:24 PM

5,793 posts, read 13,964,133 times
dpi-vic - The days are pretty much stretched out in late May so that late afternoon sunshine would probably be close to 7 - 8 p.m. The angles will be different with the sun much further north in the sky, but could still be well worthwhile. Also, May is dandelion season and there are vast hay fields all over that will be awash with them. I find them quite photogenic. Lots of things will be in bloom all around. Keep your camera handy would be my best advice. Hope this helps.

Anybody know the answer to my Joe's Snack Bar question?

Old 05-30-2010, 08:38 AM

47 posts, read 106,140 times
Default Thanks

Thank you for the suggestions. Here are a couple of the pix and a link to others, if you are so inclined.

These and more at: Flickr: vicfil's Photostream (http://www.flickr.com/photos/vicfil/ - broken link)

Old 05-30-2010, 09:56 AM

5,296 posts, read 7,255,571 times
Lots of nice pics, thanks.

Old 05-30-2010, 10:32 AM

2,186 posts, read 6,843,064 times
Based on your awesome shot of Lake Willoughby from the north beach in Westmore(the cloud makes it IMHO) taken on May 26th I assume you took the trip. The Bread and Puppet shots are really interesting too.

So, how were the bugs? Generally, in the spring, in Vermont the bug factor is dependent on the weather. Last week when it was in the 80's the bugs were out in force but today it's on the coolside so the bugs are not around.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:20 PM

47 posts, read 106,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRVphotog View Post
Based on your awesome shot of Lake Willoughby from the north beach in Westmore(the cloud makes it IMHO) taken on May 26th I assume you took the trip. The Bread and Puppet shots are really interesting too.

So, how were the bugs? Generally, in the spring, in Vermont the bug factor is dependent on the weather. Last week when it was in the 80's the bugs were out in force but today it's on the coolside so the bugs are not around.
Took the trip. You're right, the lake shot would be boring without the cloud. The B&P photos are not arty, more documentary you might say. Its an acquired taste, I suppose. My first impression of the museum was that its overwhelming. Its packed with stuff that's barely labeled, and what there is has little context. Blah, blah, blah. (I could go on.)

The bugs were not bad at all, except at the lake they were annoying. It was 90+ on the 2 days I spent in VT. I guess I hit this Summer's heat wave.DOH!

Old 06-02-2010, 08:33 PM

Yeah, we've had some warm weather for sure. I'm kinda hoping that was our big heat wave too. Looks like you found the cemetery (late in the day) as well. Hope you enjoyed your trip. Come back when you can.

Old 06-12-2010, 06:28 PM

219 posts, read 482,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
, late May is usually a real bad time for bugs....
June and July are usually the worst time for mosquitoes! (rain rain rain rain rain)

Old 06-12-2010, 07:36 PM

18,363 posts, read 26,571,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
June and July are usually the worst time for mosquitoes! (rain rain rain rain rain)
Seems to be true lately for sure. We go from blistering hot to rain, rain, rain...I do think though mosquitoes are more bearable as insect repellants actually work longer than 1 minute on them versus some of our other little vampires...but I've taken to using a bugnet on my head in the woods this time of year...

Old 06-12-2010, 09:01 PM

I think our May snowstorm here might have actually kept us from having a black fly season this year. So far the only bugs that have been intolerable for me have been deer flies. And I'd like to send a big hello to all of them out there! Our cars' windshields seem to be nearly bug-free lately, if that can be used as any kind of measurement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont