Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2010, 10:23 AM

1 posts, read 1,562 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

Three years ago, I retired in Hawaii and began the long journey home to Vermont. The family's roots go back to the early 19th century in Vermont but I have long since lost track of any relatives, having left Vermont before high school and roamed the earth my entire adult life. All my Dad's siblings (9 of them) were girls so the last names are impossible to trace half a century after the last time I saw any of them. My aunts were Taft, Vizena, Black, Martin etc.

But I am not searching for relatives. Ten years ago or so we bought a parcel on the Missisquoi almost exactly half way between Troy and North Troy, just North of Chip and Janet Morin's place. There we intend to settle where my darling wife can have her horses and I my vegetable garden after we have got the last bit of wanderlust out of our souls. So we are on our way. We left Honolulu in May 2007 for the West Coast and have been cruising Puget Sound, the San Juan and Canadian Gulf Islands. This summer we will be departing the Pacific Northwest for Mexico. Our ultimate destination, North Troy, Vermont.

Given our current pace, it should take us another five years or so.

Meanwhile, whenever we have internet access, we will keep an eye on this forum.

"Fair Winds"

Chuck Rose

Last edited by vter; 05-25-2010 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: sorry...no manual signatures allowed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont