Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2010, 03:50 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,995,635 times

Advertisements

This completely made my day! I found a video game store in Newark, NJ today (not naming the place, since advertising is big no-no!) that doesn't just sell the regular used PS2, PSP, Xbo,etc. games...but super retro games for gaming systems such as the SNES, NES, and from what it looked like Sega games as well. I was debating to buy a game i one had: "Porky Pig's Haunted Adventure" for the SNES online, but just kept putting it off over the past few months. The place had it for a reasonable price and I bought it. Can't wait to try it out!!!!

It's so hard to find stores that sell old video games anymore. Your REALLY have to look to find one nowadays! How did you feel when you finally found a retro VG-selling store in a new area for the first time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 11:06 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,313,112 times
Ebay is a good place to find older and rare games and games for the lesser known systems. Luckily where I live there are stores called Game Exchange that have a big selection of older games and systems. Its good to see someone that still plays their SNES cause it is one of the best in my opinion.

Old 07-31-2010, 06:37 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,720,757 times
There's a gaming store down the street from me which opened up last year. The guy who owns it trades and sells old and new everything, from Atari to PSPs, and even old movies. I was a bit surprised, considering the kind of town this is but he seems to do decent business, he's really nice and I've even started going there for games.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:15 PM

847 posts, read 1,351,818 times
I did a little Homebrew hack to my Wii. I now have one it available to play every game that ever came out for the NES, SNES, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis, and Atari 2600. I mean each and every game! It's great!

My friend and I played the crap out of them for a long time after I did it!

Oh. I also have Game Boy Advance emulator on it as well but have bothered to download that many game for it yet.

Old 08-02-2010, 04:32 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
WE've got a few stores around here that'll still sell SNES games. Favourite one is Cool Stuff, since it also does DVDs, VHS, music CDs, and game guides.

Old 11-08-2010, 12:57 PM

3,452 posts, read 3,376,258 times
Where I live, there are currently 2 independently owned 'retro' stores that sell games from ALL generations(even back to Atari 2600, Intellivision, etc.) before the PS2/Xbox/GameCube/etc. generation. One in Norridge, and the other in Chicago. This isn't counting other chain stores that exist in the Chicagoland area, and sell games that far back(i.e. Play 'n Trade, The Exchange, Disc Replay).

Old 11-10-2010, 09:07 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,127,170 times
Its a small chance a company in Phoenix area that might do long distance trade,buy and sell. Its called Bookmans and they have all types of old school games for NES, SNES, Sega, and everything closer to now.

BOOKMANS.COM Good Luck

Old 11-10-2010, 02:42 PM

357 posts, read 727,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stressedCollegeGirl89 View Post
This completely made my day! I found a video game store in Newark, NJ today (not naming the place, since advertising is big no-no!) that doesn't just sell the regular used PS2, PSP, Xbo,etc. games...but super retro games for gaming systems such as the SNES, NES, and from what it looked like Sega games as well. I was debating to buy a game i one had: "Porky Pig's Haunted Adventure" for the SNES online, but just kept putting it off over the past few months. The place had it for a reasonable price and I bought it. Can't wait to try it out!!!!

It's so hard to find stores that sell old video games anymore. Your REALLY have to look to find one nowadays! How did you feel when you finally found a retro VG-selling store in a new area for the first time?

Oh!
I think I know the place you're talking about. I walked into some random store this summer and my jaw opened wide and was stuck in a smile for a long time. All I could say was "wow" over and over again.

Old 05-09-2014, 03:37 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,184,988 times
I have one about fifteen miles from my house, it's overpriced but has great selection and I go there sometimes.

There was one that was open from 2004-2009 that was easier to get to from my house and cheaper. Of course the decoration was no frills in that one but it had CHEAP, OLD VIDEO GAMES! It had merchandise and good service! I miss Video Games Etc., I went there a lot from March 2006 to July 12, 2009. It closed July 14, 2009 but that was a Tuesday and I was 16 and had no car then.

Old 05-10-2014, 06:47 PM

3,950 posts, read 5,090,473 times
I've got a neat used bookstore near me that still sells SNES games. I picked up my Player's Choice version of Super Mario Kart there years ago when prices were still affordable.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games