Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2011, 11:20 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,681,265 times

Advertisements

I just pickpocket someones house key from them and wait until they show up then kill them and keep their house for myself.

I found during the very first part of the game when you run from the dragon and you are trying to sneak past the bear, you can just go into the water, put a stapler on your keyboard, come back 4 hours later and have 100 sneak

You can also sit there and beat the crap out of the guy that you are with and level up your weapon or destruction or whatever you want.

I just found the pickpocket trainer in winterfell. You can train pickpocketing, then pickpocket the gold back from her over and over. Pretty ironic

I have found pickpocketing leads to some really good rewards. I pickpockted jarl and he had a 20% sneak ring. Thanks buddy!

I also found you can throw down a rune, run into a house and hide and come back out and there will be a nice bloody pile of bodies for you to loot.

You can run outside, find a crab or a wolf or something and just sit there and let him beat you up to level up armor while healing yourself to level up restoration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 08:52 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,619,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
I found during the very first part of the game when you run from the dragon and you are trying to sneak past the bear, you can just go into the water, put a stapler on your keyboard, come back 4 hours later and have 100 sneak
Gotta love those little tricks. Back when I had a PS 2 I used to watch TV with a game of Morrowind in the PIP on my TV. I went into one of my houses and just cast spells over and over again, sleeping when I ran out of power. Was easily able to level up while watching the Simpsons.

Has anyone here played Skyrim on PS3? I was just reading about a lot of issues for the game on that console.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:03 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Has anyone here played Skyrim on PS3? I was just reading about a lot of issues for the game on that console.
I am. I've not had any game-breaking problems and my save file is somewhere around 10mb now.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:34 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,619,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
I am. I've not had any game-breaking problems and my save file is somewhere around 10mb now.
Thanks, I remember how often Morrowind used to freeze so I was wary once I started reading stories about problems on the PS3.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:50 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
This game has taken up waaaaay too much of my life. Plan on marrying Muiri after I complete the Dark Brotherhood line, then will set up home with her in Markarth. I really like the dwemer influenced decor of that place. Or maybe Heirjm because of the amory. I'll keep the Dark Brotherhood place as my "man cave", Breezhome as a quick drop off place and Markarth as the place to display all my stuff and keep my dragon bones.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:08 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Plan on marrying Muiri after I complete the Dark Brotherhood line, then will set up home with her in Markarth.
Copycat~

Old 12-31-2011, 12:45 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,283,043 times
My save file is as follows:

199 hours, 21MB, 344 locations discovered, 139 dungeons cleared, 242 quests completed
and, all trophies except "Oblivion Walker" (that flake Sam Guevenne never shows up, I swear it's a glitch, I've checked every inn)

I can tell you at that point, even with -all- auto saves off, I can get about 1 to 2 hours of not-so-choppy gameplay inside cities and dungeons. In the world map though, ouch, like 10 minutes. It's not just slide show bad; not just dial-up internet bad; it's old VHS convenience-store security tape bad. Granted turning the auto saves off does help and, the game is still awesome but, man.... the glitches.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
Copycat~
LOL. Too bad I ran into the Markarth glitch. I was originally given right to purchase the home in Markarth, but didnt have the money at the time. Now that Ive gotten the money, I cant get them to offer me the dialogue to buy the house. UGH!!! Another thing I am not happy about is the fact that after completing the Dark Brotherhood quests, I dont think I can get the house in Solitude either. UGH.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:12 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,842,401 times
I have about 90 hours in, and still have hardly dented the companion, thieves, or main quest lines. I love exploring! PS3 and no significant glitches. Never played many RPG's, but if I can find a couple more like this one, I would jump on it. Having never played any other Elder Scrolls games, would it be a major step back playing Oblivion?

Old 01-03-2012, 01:33 PM

Okay, didnt want to start a new thread on this, but I am curious as everyone's "setup" for playing this game. We've done this a lot for MW games so Im curious as to how you guys are playing. What race, sex, type (mage, warrior, etc.), married, where you live, etc.

Here's mine:

Sex - Male
Race - Redguard
Class - Mage
Main Outfit - Ancient Shrouwded Assasins armour with Ancient Shrouded hood. Sometimes Elven enhanced armour.
Weapons - Use a lot but mostly Fire in left hand and dragonborn sword in right. Or, two handed Blades Katana sword and Fire Shout. Have other weapons and will used based on where I am going.
Home(s) - Breezehome and Proudspire Manor. My wife Muiri stays in Proudspire Manor but I tend to prefer my home in Dawnstar Sanctuary - LOVE the Evil feel of the place. If I can ever get past the bugs to purchase Hjerim or Vlindrel Hall I'll move my wife into either of those. Dont really like Proudspire, but again, Dawnstar Sanctuary just has the feel that I love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games