Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2011, 11:23 PM

520 posts, read 731,116 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure if anybody on here has played Homefront or not, but I use to play online a lot. Not so much anymore though. My question is, taking into account that I'm used to Homefront, which game would be better for me, Battlefield 3 or COD Modern Warfare 3? I've seen video of both, and Modern Warfare 3 looks cooler. But just wanted to see some opinions. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 01:22 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,729,877 times
I played Homefront but only the single player, so I don't know exactly what you're looking for, but for a lot of opinions, check this thread out. In short, mw3 has smaller maps and faster paced action, bf3 has huge maps, vehicles and a bit more tactical approach to what is going on.
As a bf3 fan (not fanboy, I hope :P) though, I have to say that bf3 offers a lot more, from ~30 vehicles to building destruction, than mw3. That said, if i had to choose a game more similar to homefront, I'd say MW3.
Yac.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:34 AM

520 posts, read 731,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
I played Homefront but only the single player, so I don't know exactly what you're looking for, but for a lot of opinions, check this thread out. In short, mw3 has smaller maps and faster paced action, bf3 has huge maps, vehicles and a bit more tactical approach to what is going on.
As a bf3 fan (not fanboy, I hope :P) though, I have to say that bf3 offers a lot more, from ~30 vehicles to building destruction, than mw3. That said, if i had to choose a game more similar to homefront, I'd say MW3.
Yac.
Thanks for the response. Wow, 30 vehicles. What kinds?

Old 12-13-2011, 02:49 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,729,877 times
They're detailed here. There'll be at least 3 more, as the expansion pack "Back to Karakand" includes 3 more - some harrier like fighter, capable of hovering, BTR-90 - a Russian APC and a ... yellow forklift.
Yac.

Old 12-13-2011, 06:18 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,679,772 times
In my opinion i would play bf3 over mw3. Never heard of homefront though

Old 12-13-2011, 07:13 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,903,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 719inhere View Post
I'm not sure if anybody on here has played Homefront or not, but I use to play online a lot. Not so much anymore though. My question is, taking into account that I'm used to Homefront, which game would be better for me, Battlefield 3 or COD Modern Warfare 3? I've seen video of both, and Modern Warfare 3 looks cooler. But just wanted to see some opinions. Thanks.
This is a very hard question. I think that Homefront has elements from both games.

Homefront has a killsteak system similar to COD

Homefront has vehicles but not on the scale of BF3.

Overall I say go for BF3 it has endless posibilities.

Last edited by ATUMRE75; 12-13-2011 at 07:15 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 12-14-2011, 11:35 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,410,769 times
As a COD fanboy I would say BF3 is the game you want.
MW3 is absolute BS IMO, pure console SSDD is all.

Not a big fan of BF3 but its definately better than MW3. Worst thing about BF3 is the vehicles, the novelty of them wore out after about 30 minutes. Game seems to be packed with kids riding around aimlessly too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games