Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 08:22 AM

170 posts, read 635,349 times

Advertisements

So I have been playing all weekend and I am starting to like it. Still too many campers but it's not bad.

BTW...the FAL on full auto is a BEAST!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2012, 12:41 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,919,198 times
The games campaign is easily the best one yet. It actually has replay value to it and multiple endings depending on your actions. You can also change your loadouts before any mission, and the Strike missions are also fun.

However, the multiplayer is a hit or miss so far. There's alot of server and lag issues for whatever reason, guns [particually assault rifles] feel week and it takes too many bullets to drop someone, which is annoying. You go up against 1 guy, kill him, then his butt buddy pops out of nowhere and kills you. It's very hard to get double/triple kills outside of using scorestreaks. The maps aren't as good or memorable as those in the first Blops. However, Nuketown 2025 is amazing, and I love the lew loadout system. Some of the new gamemodes like Kill Confirmed, are a lot of fun, and it essentially stops campers from dominating [You have to pick up dog tags from other players to get the kill]. The shotguns and sniper rifles are much more useful, the perks are much more balanced [Not everyone camps with Ghost on anymore]. The new score streak system is nice, since you can get streaks not just by killing other players, but by also getting assists or doing the objectives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
How about between Black Ops 2 and Halo 4? I'm trying to decide between the two.
I couldn't stand Halo 4's multiplayer. You literally have to stick with your whole team if you want to actually win, which I don't like. I ended up deleting it [You have to install it, and it takes up a lot of memory to even play it]. Also, Everyone loves using the battle rifle and camping.

Old 11-29-2012, 12:25 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,164,760 times
I think it's much better than I expected. I was over and done with CoD after MW3 came out, I hardly played that after I bought it. I had planned on NOT buying Black Ops II. I went home for the holiday, my sister had it and I played with her and I REALLY like some of the small (but important) changes.

1. The matching is better with difficulty and level

2. I love the killstreak adjustment: instead of just getting kills, the rewards are points based. I'm a guy that wants to win, I don't play to camp and get kills. I enjoy playing domination, headquarters, capture the flag and you get good points for achieving those objectives. Now you can use the points from that to help you earn your killstreaks. Also, you get more points for protecting a flag with a kill or a defender, you get points for assists that count toward your killstreak too. I like all the options and I like that everything you do to help win the game counts. Makes it more satisfying.

3. I like the new flexibility in custom build setups. I don't like tactical grenades that much, never used them, now I can just choose not to have one and use that for an extra perk or attachment instead. Really lets you customize your build to take full advantage of your play style.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:02 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,399,636 times
I enjoy it ....there are some issues with lag, overpowered shotguns, campers...but this is call of duty- still competitive sometimes overly so yet alot of fun to play

Old 11-30-2012, 03:19 PM

306 posts, read 690,111 times
Coming from a competitive point of view, Black Ops 2 is the best CoD to date. They truly tried integrating a ton of features for the competitve community. I absolutely LOVE the league idea. The gun selection is sweet. Maps are WAY better than MW3 (Gah, I hated that game).

Campers will be campers in any game. They shouldn't be a determining factor in whether a CoD is "good".

Old 12-01-2012, 03:56 PM

3,953 posts, read 5,093,248 times
Sounds like BO2 is pretty good. Where's the cheapest place to get the Xbox 360 version?

Old 12-03-2012, 12:14 AM

394 posts, read 1,431,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
How about between Black Ops 2 and Halo 4? I'm trying to decide between the two.
That's a tough one. Both are great games, but both are fairly different shooters. I'd go with which game you enjoy multiplayer more. Both games have great campaigns, but neither game has a lengthy campaign.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:21 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,114,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaliBoy20 View Post
Coming from a competitive point of view, Black Ops 2 is the best CoD to date. They truly tried integrating a ton of features for the competitve community. I absolutely LOVE the league idea. The gun selection is sweet. Maps are WAY better than MW3 (Gah, I hated that game).

Campers will be campers in any game. They shouldn't be a determining factor in whether a CoD is "good".
great post, and I agree 100%

they FINALLY got it right with "scorestreaks." Now, actually playing objectives gets you points towards killstreaks, which encourages some (not all) of the campers to come out of their dark corners and actually play domination to dominate!

so many people in past CODs would play domination and demolition as if it were TDM, just going for kills.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:56 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,022,039 times
Awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
very fun game

i lagged REALLY hard on multiplayer, but i'm in denver playing with east coast friends...i bet if i played on west coast servers my onnection would be much better

game is way fun
Shouldn't be having that much of a problem.

My group is mostly easy coast, we play on east coast, and the west coast members never complained.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:17 AM

306 posts, read 690,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
so many people in past CODs would play domination and demolition as if it were TDM, just going for kills.

I HATED that! Although, I must admit I did do it a few times

How can you not enjoy getting 130 kills in one game on Demolition Nuketown!?!

Who's played league and what rank have you gotten? I just started playing the TDM Series with my friends. I am in Gold Top 35. Tough to rank up with a bad team...

Want more friends to play Champions Series though. Any PS3 players?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games