Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 10:57 AM

306 posts, read 690,943 times

Advertisements

There will always be negatives. Though I think this is one of the better CoDs (recent times), I agree with the above poster.

The spawns in MW3 and BO2 (so far) are terrible. Hardpoint spawns....holy crap. TDM and Kill Confirmed...forget about it. So tired of spawning and getting shot from behind.

MW3 was probably the worst CoD to date IMO. I hated damn near everything about that game....spawns was a top 5 reason for me in that game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 10:36 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,645,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaliBoy20 View Post
There will always be negatives. Though I think this is one of the better CoDs (recent times), I agree with the above poster.

The spawns in MW3 and BO2 (so far) are terrible. Hardpoint spawns....holy crap. TDM and Kill Confirmed...forget about it. So tired of spawning and getting shot from behind.

MW3 was probably the worst CoD to date IMO. I hated damn near everything about that game....spawns was a top 5 reason for me in that game.

I felt bad for someone who spawn in front of me and I just shot him without warning. MW3 was the worst Call of Duty game. No one should be surprised. The series creators are no longer involved in the development and it showed. At least Treyarch tried to do something different after a dismal effort of World of War. IW did nothing between MW2 and MW3. Actually the spawns is what annoyed me with Call of Duty 4. I like it the way it used to be before the patch where you got locked down in your base. I can't speak for everyone else but I like the challenge of trying to escape it when being pin down. It is much better than spawning in some random location with no logic behind it. The maps were not large enough to encourage spawning anywhere. When IW patch the spawn in COD4, I wasn't interested in playing the game anymore. That started my decline towards Call of Duty overall as a series. I turned my attention to Rainbow Six Vegas and Halo 3.

I played MW2 and MW3 out of curiosity knowing the game look somewhat similar. Each installment, I took less time to put the game to the side, especially with MW3. I lasted maybe 2 weeks before I had enough. I played Call of Duty 3 longer than I did with MW3. In MW3, the maps were much smaller. The random spawn just doesn't work in small maps and that seems to be a problem with BO2. I played online on Black Ops 2 for an hour and a half. It was better than the other games but I didn't care to buy my own copy. I'm done with the Call of Duty games. I had enough of the series overall. I likely wont bother to look or make an effort to read about it. The Call of Duty series will end up like Guitar Hero in a year or two. Activision knows it, that is why they are pushing the Call of Duty Elite program and their $15 DLC.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:08 PM

632 posts, read 1,032,780 times
I like it. Modern Warfare 2 will always be the standard that all other Call Of Duty Games are compared to because to me, that is a darn near perfect shooter. Black Ops 2 is not as good as MW2 but it is definitely better than Black Ops 1.

I dont even bother with campaign play, and really, no one buys these games for campaign, everyone plays multiplayer. It took me a while to figure out the whole gun ranking/perking/attachment system, but I really like it.

What I dont like are the sounds. I like guns, actually, I LOVE guns and the sound of gunfire in this game is really poor. It really bothers me that gunshots sound like clicking instead of GUNSHOTS.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:29 AM

802 posts, read 1,685,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
I felt bad for someone who spawn in front of me and I just shot him without warning. MW3 was the worst Call of Duty game. No one should be surprised. The series creators are no longer involved in the development and it showed. At least Treyarch tried to do something different after a dismal effort of World of War. IW did nothing between MW2 and MW3. Actually the spawns is what annoyed me with Call of Duty 4. I like it the way it used to be before the patch where you got locked down in your base. I can't speak for everyone else but I like the challenge of trying to escape it when being pin down. It is much better than spawning in some random location with no logic behind it. The maps were not large enough to encourage spawning anywhere. When IW patch the spawn in COD4, I wasn't interested in playing the game anymore. That started my decline towards Call of Duty overall as a series. I turned my attention to Rainbow Six Vegas and Halo 3.

I played MW2 and MW3 out of curiosity knowing the game look somewhat similar. Each installment, I took less time to put the game to the side, especially with MW3. I lasted maybe 2 weeks before I had enough. I played Call of Duty 3 longer than I did with MW3. In MW3, the maps were much smaller. The random spawn just doesn't work in small maps and that seems to be a problem with BO2. I played online on Black Ops 2 for an hour and a half. It was better than the other games but I didn't care to buy my own copy. I'm done with the Call of Duty games. I had enough of the series overall. I likely wont bother to look or make an effort to read about it. The Call of Duty series will end up like Guitar Hero in a year or two. Activision knows it, that is why they are pushing the Call of Duty Elite program and their $15 DLC.
I don't think this is true. Call of duty: Black Ops 2 sales reached $1 billion 15 days after release. This series has become so popular, largely based on the fact that soooo many others buy and just play this game. If you don't own it, you're kind of out of the loop.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:24 PM

^^^^ My thoughts EXACTLY.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:52 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,645,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees1212 View Post
I don't think this is true. Call of duty: Black Ops 2 sales reached $1 billion 15 days after release. This series has become so popular, largely based on the fact that soooo many others buy and just play this game. If you don't own it, you're kind of out of the loop.
Guitar Hero was popular as well with high sales. I do not feel that I am missing out by not having a Call of Duty game. I had more fun playing other FPS. With the creators of Call of Duty gone from Infinity Ward and the lackluster effort with MW3, I don't expect too much from Modern Warfare 4.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:46 PM

I'll second that. I sure as hell won't be preordering MW4....

May not get it at all. If anything, I will wait to grab it for $35 or $30 on Craigslist or $39.99 during holidays.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:30 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,542,464 times
I have the perfect class setup so i can run around the enemies spawn and spawn kill people so i'm really liking the online play right now.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:55 AM

362 posts, read 666,734 times
I sent that game back the same week I bought it

Old 01-06-2013, 07:38 PM

802 posts, read 1,685,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I have the perfect class setup so i can run around the enemies spawn and spawn kill people so i'm really liking the online play right now.
do you mind sharing this perfect class setup? I have yet to find a gun I can absolutely dominate with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games