Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 08:06 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times

Advertisements

Dewey Decimal System Smack-down did not live up to my expectations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 03:05 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,451,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Yeah, I think they over-hyped that one beyond reasonable expectations.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:52 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,584,247 times
Aliens: Colonial Marines was even worse than expected. What a waste of money!

Old 03-29-2013, 08:02 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,615,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
At least it wasn't as bad as Lee Carvello's Putting Challenge.

You have selected No. - YouTube

Old 03-29-2013, 05:53 PM

552 posts, read 720,314 times
After spending hours on Dark Souls I thought The Witcher 2 would be my cup of tea but it wasnt. I just couldnt get into the combat system after playing Souls.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:55 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,687,417 times
Fallout 3. Fortunately I only spent $9 for the used copy but I'm still disappointed. I jumped from Mass Effect 2 to this game because despite using 2 different disks on 2 different playthroughs, my Mass Effect game keeps freezing in the exact same spot. So I needed a new game. I saw a few threads on gaming boards putting Mass Effect 3 up against Fallout 3. It seemed Fallout got the edge and for the life of me I can't figure out why. I haven't played Mass Effect 3 but I'd take 2 over Fallout any day of the week. I understand it's post nuclear fallout, so the dreary landscape is expected, but the graphics seem to be severly lacking. The combat in the game is beyond frustrating. The amount of bullets an enemy or animal can take is absurd. I don't see how people can enjoy a game where a human can take 50 rounds from an assault rifle along with a couple of grenades. That's why I only played hardcore in the Call of Duty series. 2 clips to kill someone is just absolutely absurd. This game takes it even further. Where's the fun in that? The realism? I don't find the VATS system that appealing either. The only good thing I found about the game is the wide open world. Reminescent of GTA. But the landscape is so dreary and ugly, there's no excitement in exploring. Even the vault is devoid of color. Two thumbs down.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:02 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,727,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
Fallout 3. Fortunately I only spent $9 for the used copy but I'm still disappointed. I jumped from Mass Effect 2 to this game because despite using 2 different disks on 2 different playthroughs, my Mass Effect game keeps freezing in the exact same spot. So I needed a new game. I saw a few threads on gaming boards putting Mass Effect 3 up against Fallout 3. It seemed Fallout got the edge and for the life of me I can't figure out why. I haven't played Mass Effect 3 but I'd take 2 over Fallout any day of the week. I understand it's post nuclear fallout, so the dreary landscape is expected, but the graphics seem to be severly lacking. The combat in the game is beyond frustrating. The amount of bullets an enemy or animal can take is absurd. I don't see how people can enjoy a game where a human can take 50 rounds from an assault rifle along with a couple of grenades. That's why I only played hardcore in the Call of Duty series. 2 clips to kill someone is just absolutely absurd. This game takes it even further. Where's the fun in that? The realism? I don't find the VATS system that appealing either. The only good thing I found about the game is the wide open world. Reminescent of GTA. But the landscape is so dreary and ugly, there's no excitement in exploring. Even the vault is devoid of color. Two thumbs down.
Are we talking about the same game ? I finished it twice, with all the DLC and can't remember any of this to be honest. The only enemies that require that amount of ammo are supermutants, dethclaws and power armored foes, so it's no wonder it takes a bit of lead for them to die. Oh, wait, there are also the giant ants - they are heavily armored, but if you critically hit their antennas, they will start attacking each other. Also your skills determine the damage you deal, for example energy weapons on 43 will mean you will deal ~43% of max energy weapons damage.
The graphics aren't the prettiest, but the game ain't new either. There are tons of mods that make it prettier so if you want you can make it look significantly better.
No excitement in exploring ?? What kind of excitement would you like to see in a game like this ? You get tons of caps/xp exploring and trading what you've found, there are also unique bobbleheads that permanently increase your stats and skills to be found and unique versions of regular weapons/armors. There are amazing places to find too, like the huge radar dishes you can reprogram and reposition to call in a nuclear strike from the orbit - and it's completely unrelated to the main quest line.
And no, they're not paying me for this I really enjoyed this game this much.
F3 has many flaws, but what you mentioned simply isn't true imho.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:21 AM

89 posts, read 206,297 times
Modnation Racers gets my vote. I was looking for an alternative to Mario Kart Wii and thought I found it in MNR, but the game was too difficult to be accessible and the loading times were a drag.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:42 PM

484 posts, read 761,069 times
As much as I love LBP & LBP2 - LBP Karting was a total letdown. Some of the worlds were neat, but there was just nothing special about it. It's good alternative for Mario Kart, but no one is playing it, and while racing against bots can be ok, it's nice to either be able to play alone, or against other players online.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:47 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,615,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
Are we talking about the same game ? I finished it twice, with all the DLC and can't remember any of this to be honest. The only enemies that require that amount of ammo are supermutants, dethclaws and power armored foes, so it's no wonder it takes a bit of lead for them to die. Oh, wait, there are also the giant ants - they are heavily armored, but if you critically hit their antennas, they will start attacking each other. Also your skills determine the damage you deal, for example energy weapons on 43 will mean you will deal ~43% of max energy weapons damage.
The graphics aren't the prettiest, but the game ain't new either. There are tons of mods that make it prettier so if you want you can make it look significantly better.
No excitement in exploring ?? What kind of excitement would you like to see in a game like this ? You get tons of caps/xp exploring and trading what you've found, there are also unique bobbleheads that permanently increase your stats and skills to be found and unique versions of regular weapons/armors. There are amazing places to find too, like the huge radar dishes you can reprogram and reposition to call in a nuclear strike from the orbit - and it's completely unrelated to the main quest line.
And no, they're not paying me for this I really enjoyed this game this much.
F3 has many flaws, but what you mentioned simply isn't true imho.
Don't forget the fun of nuking Megaton! I did the residents a favor and killed them all beforehand. Except Moira, of course, because I wanted her to feel the pain of the blast. Can't stand her. Then, I find out she just turns into a ghoul!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games