Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 07:59 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,190,365 times

Advertisements

I've been making my own fun in the online mode. It's still pretty boring, but I have found giving other players grief makes me smile and laugh like an evil schoolboy. I had a banged up stolen car with three wheels on its rims. While driving around in Sandy Shores, I came across some poor sap robbing a store. Outside of it was his Buzzard. I stole his Buzzard and watched from above as he was probably screaming at the TV. He took the beat up car, couldn't outrun the fuzz, and eventually died in a shootout.

After he died in the shootout, he went to his hangar and whipped out the Cuban cargo airplane. He tried flying directly into me as I tried getting away from him. I guess he wasn't paying attention to where I was flying because he ended up corkscrewing into a wind turbine. After that, I stalked him for 45mins with his Buzzard. Wherever he went on the map, I was hovering above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2013, 04:29 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,640,154 times
The only fun I had online is when I was being chased by the police and someone decides to help the cops but they were unable to keep up as I make sharp turns effortlessly as they crashed into the wall.

It gets funnier when I keep spinning around on the freeway at the last second and the other driver is too slow to react. I get out of the car with the shotgun ready and as he approaches, I kill him with one shot while he is still driving. He asks for a deathmatch and I proceed to turn the game off.

Old 10-14-2013, 01:02 AM

688 posts, read 897,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
However... having a crew with your brother and 4 friends is pretty awesome
This is the truth.

These videos are proof of the fun you can have while playing with people you know.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...fSKb_70GA7iSXE

Old 10-14-2013, 01:36 AM

I make my own fun. People were beginning to vote to have me kicked from the lobby. I decided to go on a murdering rampage. I managed to take out 8 of the 10 players on the map more than two times a piece before somebody got me. I spawned and smoked the fool who killed me. I managed to make it to level 10 before I finally got killed by somebody else. In the midst of my rampage, I even shot down somebody who was piloting a helicopter. {=oD

Old 10-16-2013, 09:34 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times
I'm starting to get more into the online. I joined a crew and found it makes it easier to get jobs/deathmatches/etc. I did a bit of grinding, we did the Criminal Records race for about an hour last night. Made some good coin, RP and my driving is up to 100% now.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:48 AM

2,533 posts, read 4,603,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
I've been making my own fun in the online mode. It's still pretty boring, but I have found giving other players grief makes me smile and laugh like an evil schoolboy.
Quote:
I make my own fun. People were beginning to vote to have me kicked from the lobby. I decided to go on a murdering rampage. I managed to take out 8 of the 10 players on the map more than two times a piece before somebody got me. I spawned and smoked the fool who killed me. I managed to make it to level 10 before I finally got killed by somebody else. In the midst of my rampage, I even shot down somebody who was piloting a helicopter. {=oD
You are who I was talking about when I said online was pretty dull... It's not fun to get griefed by random people who either want to shoot you or run you over...

... but playing with your friends online is pretty darn cool.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:43 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times
Quote:
You are who I was talking about when I said online was pretty dull... It's not fun to get griefed by random people who either want to shoot you or run you over...

Just running around killing random players can be fun when you're in the mood for it. That's one thing I'm kind of disappointed with the story mode. It's way too hard to just sit up in a tower sniping.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:

Playing golf with real people is pretty cool. Other than that, I enjoy being a ruthless dick to other people just for my personal amusement.

Old 10-16-2013, 04:01 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,603,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Just running around killing random players can be fun when you're in the mood for it. That's one thing I'm kind of disappointed with the story mode. It's way too hard to just sit up in a tower sniping.
When I'm in the mood to kill cops and random people I do it in story mode... sure it's difficult but I like the challenge of staying alive with 3-4 star wanted levels. I find it much more fun than trying to grief randoms online.

Quote:
Playing golf with real people is pretty cool. Other than that, I enjoy being a ruthless dick to other people just for my personal amusement.
... and that would be why I only play online with friends and family. You can get your personal amusement at the expense of someone else.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:55 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
GTA online = a troll's paradise.

But then again... what else is there to do in Los Santos once the story is done?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games