Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 12:19 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,842,401 times

Advertisements

I would think so. I switched computers and reinstalled the Steam games on the new machine , so I think once you own them you can do this as often as you want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2014, 01:08 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
I would think so. I switched computers and reinstalled the Steam games on the new machine , so I think once you own them you can do this as often as you want.
I'll try when I get free of Bulletstorm!

I see that they have Borderlands 2 and The Reckoning, The Kingdom of Alumur - both for $5 each. I don't know how long that will last - but I have hundreds of hours on each of them. Both are fun and easy to play games. Both will take you forever if you try to complete all quest. Both have fairly extensive worlds. Both also sold for $40 or more dollars new.

Just one more great deal from Steam! I don't know how long it will last?

Old 06-22-2014, 02:16 PM

10,926 posts, read 22,000,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
However, I did want to ask the question, if we can uninstall steam games and try a second time to re-install? I really will not hold it against Steam if I never get it to play.
You can. You can also have access to your games on more than one PC, Game purchases are tied to your Steam account, not the computer.

Old 06-22-2014, 08:04 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,846,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EntropyGuardian View Post
Team purple all day every day.

*High Five!* I'm on purple too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalSin View Post
You know they are collecting off you, for something that has no value. Unless your playing this stuff on a cell phone I do not see the point.
I don't want to seem like a jerk, but if you're going to complain in every thread about buying a game that has "no value" because it's hosted by someone else, you probably want to prevent this entire video game section. I've spent hundreds of dollars on games and you know what? The value is playing them whenever and where ever I want, and I know for a certain fact that Steam is not going anywhere anytime soon.

The hours of fun I've had in all my games is of a entertainment value to me. Right now I love Scribblenauts Unlimited and guess what? it's entertaining to me.

So please, get off your high horse. Times have changed and we're not a physical copy world with the PC market anymore. Stop trying to guilt trip us into thinking that only physical copies hold any value.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:00 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,410,769 times
I got PayDay 2 on the sale for under $10. Its pretty good, much the same as PayDay 1 but worth it for a few hours of gaming.

I wish people would just ignore Regal, the guys nothing but a troll who wants to derail threads.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:15 AM

The sale is over in 45 minutes; but I just bout Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 for less than $9. I had already played 3. I did not like the gameplay that much (not an open world) - but I think the games are worth it for the science fiction.

Old 06-23-2014, 12:16 PM

702 posts, read 726,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
I got PayDay 2 on the sale for under $10. Its pretty good, much the same as PayDay 1 but worth it for a few hours of gaming.

I wish people would just ignore Regal, the guys nothing but a troll who wants to derail threads.
I dismissed payday 1 for being a left 4 dead reskin and only played it a few times. I'm REALLY glad I picked up PD2. I've spent several hours on it so far and I'm just enjoying it more and more as more abilities unlock. It got me away from DOTA at least.

Old 06-23-2014, 01:15 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,410,769 times
I played a couple of hours, already setup a time tonight with 3 clanmates to game tonight! I run an ARMA III server and its taking some members away from that for a little bit of a break so it must be really good as theyre addicted to AIII.

Old 06-24-2014, 06:35 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,729,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
There was one game that I recently purchased that I could not get playing - the Velvet Assassin. I'm not really complaining because I only spent something like $.50 on the game. However, I did want to ask the question, if we can uninstall steam games and try a second time to re-install? I really will not hold it against Steam if I never get it to play.
Another thing you can do is to back up your steam folder, run steam.exe on a completely fresh system and after a few minutes everything will be working as it should, without you having to re-download the games. When I had to reinstall windows a while ago, I moved the whole steam folder (80 GB or so)to a different partition, formatted c, installed windows and it took a whole 90 or so seconds for the old steam to fix itself to work without issues on the new system.
If you have a portable HD, as most steam directories will be too big for a pendrive, you can actually carry your steam installed with you, just copy it to the computer you want to use and it'll work in a moment.
Yac.

Old 06-24-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac View Post
Another thing you can do is to back up your steam folder, run steam.exe on a completely fresh system and after a few minutes everything will be working as it should, without you having to re-download the games. When I had to reinstall windows a while ago, I moved the whole steam folder (80 GB or so)to a different partition, formatted c, installed windows and it took a whole 90 or so seconds for the old steam to fix itself to work without issues on the new system.
If you have a portable HD, as most steam directories will be too big for a pendrive, you can actually carry your steam installed with you, just copy it to the computer you want to use and it'll work in a moment.
Yac.
Thanks for your help. Now, if I could just quit buying and playing, I would have enough time to worry about that $.50 game! Steam does this to me - too many choices, at a great price, and too much fun. One game just doesn't seem important enough to worry about. When the deals stop; that will be the time I start checking out repairs.

I do have one portable HD, but it is old and I think I might buy another one just for Steam. Gee; new flash sale deals in about ten minutes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games