Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 12:55 PM

293 posts, read 191,696 times

Advertisements

Been playing Skyrim on the switch. I notice a bug with hearthfire with the mannequins where a armor will respawn after you take it off the mannequin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2018, 07:05 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,527,077 times
Looks like Nintendo has their answer to the Oculus Rift & Vive. It's so Nintendo it's funny....

The Nintendo Labo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P3Bd3HUMkyU

Old 03-10-2018, 10:08 AM

3,952 posts, read 5,091,305 times
Super Smash Bros. is coming to the Switch this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3Gt42kVgCw

Old 01-31-2019, 09:13 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
After the initial euphoria, Nintendo Switch sales have started to plummet.

I used to be the biggest Nintendo fan, owning many of its systems (NES, Super NES, Gamecube, Wii). But have no desire to get the Switch as I am more than happy with the PS4 and all the games that come with it.

Nintendo Switch Sputtering Less Than Two Years After Debut

Old 02-01-2019, 09:20 PM

35,081 posts, read 31,313,313 times
At 32, their first party stuff largely seems very childish to me. I'm always up for a good round of Mario Party. I still love all the SNES classics - beat DKC2 and SMW within the last two weeks. Yet I have no desire to spend $300 on a console that has a fraction of the space of my iPhone XS Max, which has plenty of old classics (I poured 80+ hours in FF7/FF9 on iPhone during slow weeks at work during the summer - first time I had maybe ever completed 9). The Switch has no real functionality other than gaming, and my bet is that the cheap $329 iPad is also technically superior. I've also beaten Chrono Trigger, FFVI, FFIII, that come to mind on mobile. Those classics, combined with plenty of mobile games, are more than enough to satisfy my mobile craving. I don't need a Switch.

The IP needs to be licensed out at this point and Nintendo needs to get out of the hardware business.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:47 AM

Nintendo is one of those companies that will continue to survive and thrive. How many times have they been counted out already.

But in terms of hardware they just never seem to get it. Underpowered systems with far too few games especially the marquee titles released on the PlayStation and Xbox systems, doesn't spell long term success.

I believe they will continue their foray into mobile gaming and possibly release their software on other systems. The 3 DS is fading as well.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:18 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
My 14 year old loves his Switch. But he's a Mario kid and will be locked into Nintendo as long as that's his only option for that.

Old 04-04-2019, 09:48 AM

I saw Nintendo has a Labo project with VR, wonder if they will bring back Virtual Boy games.

Old 04-04-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
At 32, their first party stuff largely seems very childish to me. I'm always up for a good round of Mario Party. I still love all the SNES classics - beat DKC2 and SMW within the last two weeks. Yet I have no desire to spend $300 on a console that has a fraction of the space of my iPhone XS Max, which has plenty of old classics (I poured 80+ hours in FF7/FF9 on iPhone during slow weeks at work during the summer - first time I had maybe ever completed 9). The Switch has no real functionality other than gaming, and my bet is that the cheap $329 iPad is also technically superior. I've also beaten Chrono Trigger, FFVI, FFIII, that come to mind on mobile. Those classics, combined with plenty of mobile games, are more than enough to satisfy my mobile craving. I don't need a Switch.

The IP needs to be licensed out at this point and Nintendo needs to get out of the hardware business.
They definitely have the reputation. I like to keep my eyes on them to see how they influence PlayStation mainly. They have often attempted to create their own lane in many situations. Kids\Parents\Families will always be their end game though. They definitely have the niche gaming community locked down.

Old 06-17-2019, 08:31 PM

Looks like sales are still ok after all.

As it stands now, at around 35 million Switch units sold, that places the Switch in 15th place of biggest selling video game consoles of all time.

Some cool looking games coming out, of course it's Nintendo's own IP.

Nintendo Switch sales are so strong that Nintendo isn't feeling the pressure to release a new version of the console anytime soon

Yet, comes this update:

WSJ: Nintendo Switch upgrade and a cheaper Switch console are coming soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHwhTv-LdPY&t=1674s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSGgCfbYrg0
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games