Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 11:25 AM

35 posts, read 219,519 times

Advertisements

"Ghetto is commonly used to refer to any poverty-stricken urban area. In the U.S., "rural ghetto" is used to describe mobile home parks, farm labor housing tracts, and Indian reservations. Urban neighborhoods where Hispanic immigrants settled in the late 20th century (called barrios) are said to be comparable to ghettos, because most immigrants form a culturally isolated enclave and may choose to remain there or associate with their own group."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2007, 09:37 AM

34 posts, read 160,843 times
Hi,
I have a few friends in Culpepper and from what they say there is a gang
presences there (MS13) starting to get pretty bad..You may consider that,
I used to live near Woodbridge (Dale City) and was glad to leave that area
7 years ago..It is getting pretty bad up there..I currently live in Stafford County
near Fredericksburg..

Old 11-05-2007, 03:02 PM

1 posts, read 5,918 times
I have a new house in Culpeper VA for rent. 4 bedrooms 2 1/2 bath. When do you want to move and what price range are you looking for?

Old 12-09-2007, 12:54 PM

555 posts, read 2,701,709 times
To the original poster- I don't know if you have made a decision yet, but i live in Culpeper and we love it. We have lived in Woodbridge (way more "ghetto" than Culpeper), Montcliar (too close to Dumfries so we had to get out), and Fredericksburg (too much traffic). Culpeper is our favorite by far. They have a lot of nice private schools here if your worried about the public schools. Having said that, the schools look decent to me (a lot better than the high school in Prince William I went to in the early 90's). The illegal immigrant problem is here, no doubt. But not as bad as Woodbridge or Manassas. However, those areas are getting rid of most of the illegals, so we'll see what happens.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:11 AM

1 posts, read 5,622 times
I had a home built in Culpeper, VA. I am single mom moved from the Woodbridge, Va area, I love it here and would never move back to the Woodbridge area.

As far as gang activity here, where isn't it?

Old 03-14-2009, 10:03 AM

1 posts, read 5,548 times
hi i'm legal that just to be ilegal alien ******* what ever looser like to call us and yea i live in culpeper marry whit pretty american and yea i have a nice house that most looser white trash black's or 100k looser city people can't afford. my live is great!!!! good bless americanDon't HATE!!!!!

Old 07-12-2010, 04:09 PM

1 posts, read 4,926 times
We are considering a move from CA to VA and was wondering
about the cost of living in and around Culpeper.

We lived in FL before CA and FL was comparable to CA living expenses.

Are the winters long in Culpeper? heating expensive? Do most homes have A/C?

Any help would be helpful. Thank you.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:28 PM

542 posts, read 991,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tumadre View Post
hi i'm legal that just to be ilegal alien ******* what ever looser like to call us and yea i live in culpeper marry whit pretty american and yea i have a nice house that most looser white trash black's or 100k looser city people can't afford. my live is great!!!! good bless americanDon't HATE!!!!!
WTF?

Old 07-12-2010, 09:37 PM

542 posts, read 991,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debra Mosier View Post
We are considering a move from CA to VA and was wondering
about the cost of living in and around Culpeper.

We lived in FL before CA and FL was comparable to CA living expenses.

Are the winters long in Culpeper? heating expensive? Do most homes have A/C?

Any help would be helpful. Thank you.
Hi there! I grew up in Culpeper, but haven't lived there in 12 years. To answer your questions, the winters are not bad. Unless they are like this past winter when we received 5+ feet of snow over the winter. Usually not bad. Worst typical snowfall is maybe 6 inches that doesn't hang around long. Don't know about heating. It would depend on if you had natural gas or electric. Both have +'s and -'s. Newer homes should have A/C. Older homes, unless they have been renovated probably won't. But there have been tons of new homes built around there so that shouldn't be a problem. The area has completely changed since I moved away. Everytime I drive through it amazes me how built up it's become compared to how it was when I lived there. Oh, and cost of living there should be way cheaper than FL and CA. The closer in to DC the more expensive it gets. Good luck!

Old 07-14-2010, 07:13 AM

85 posts, read 238,062 times
I grew up in the Spotsylvania and Caroline area. Approx 40 miles from Culpepper. At that time their was nothing their outside of farms. Culpepper was always nice. I find it hard to believe it is going getto. Especially wiith all of the building going on. Not sure if anything is happening now due to the econemy. Anywho, Culpepper is nice. Front Royal is sweet. Check out Madison area. Now, that is country. Talk to a Reastate agent. People that dont want to fool with renting their house out usually goes to an agent. I could be wrong, I believe Madison is approx 10 west of Culpepper. Later Jimmy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia