Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 10:49 PM

415 posts, read 1,961,574 times

Advertisements

Sorry, it's a valid ticket at 20 mph.
Here's the statute:
Quote:
§ 46.2-862. Exceeding speed limit - A person shall be guilty of reckless driving who drives a motor vehicle on the highways in the Commonwealth (i) at a speed of twenty miles per hour or more in excess of the applicable maximum speed limit where the applicable speed limit is thirty miles per hour or less, (ii) at a speed of sixty miles per hour or more where the applicable maximum speed limit is thirty-five miles per hour, (iii) at a speed of twenty miles per hour or more in excess of the applicable maximum speed limits where the applicable maximum speed limit is forty miles per hour or more, or (iv) in excess of eighty miles per hour regardless of the applicable maximum speed limit).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2007, 10:43 AM
ERR

4 posts, read 13,030 times
Default Got Luck

Well went for my reckless last week. Judge looked at me and said you know you could be hit with the civil penalty right. I was like yes sir (with no lawyer couldn't have afforded both). An he knocked it down to 79 in a 65. So all I got was speeding. Still cost me 250. Hell of a lot less then a couple thousand. So I am happy. Good luck with yours dude.

Old 08-27-2007, 02:04 PM

9 posts, read 23,768 times
Thumbs down q

The new Abusive Driving Fees just took effect July 1,2007 It will now cost anywhere from $250.00 to $1000.00 for 3 years for Virginia residents only; and could cost you 5 points on your license and the normal fines and court cost. And if you have an attorney to fight this ticket you are talking a kind of ticket that might put you in bankrucpty court, For 1 ticket.
P.S. I forgot you could get 10 days jail time but it useally get suspended.

Last edited by viper581; 08-27-2007 at 02:36 PM.. Reason: Forgot informstion

Old 04-01-2009, 11:32 AM

1 posts, read 1,366 times
I recieved a ticket for reckless driving(speeding 84 in a 65) in the county of washington, VA. I live in NJ which means i will not be attending the court apperance scheduled for april 28th. was wondering if anyone could tell me how much the fines could be for this and will the points carry over into NJ.
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
View detailed profiles of: