Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2012, 07:09 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times

Advertisements

My DH and I just got back from this annual show in Hillsville VA. The place is hopping and it is huge. It's the biggest flea market I have ever been to. The town's VFW has been putting this on every Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends since the 1960's.

It is worth the trip if you have never been. This time it is mostly guns and antiques. I am ging back next Memorial Day as I think that is more Flea Market stuff.

Check it out:
Labor Day Flea Market & Gun Show - Hillsville.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 09:12 PM

181 posts, read 692,249 times
I hope you guys didn't have to stay overnight, or you took your motor home. The room rates are out of sight.......at least for the chain motels right in Hillsville. I overnight there on the way to the NC coast for fishing trips and always check the calendar to make sure when the flea markets are scheduled. But you are right, it's probably the biggest flea market on the east coast.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:18 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
My DH and I just got back from this annual show in Hillsville VA. The place is hopping and it is huge. It's the biggest flea market I have ever been to. The town's VFW has been putting this on every Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends since the 1960's.

It is worth the trip if you have never been. This time it is mostly guns and antiques. I am ging back next Memorial Day as I think that is more Flea Market stuff.

Check it out:
Labor Day Flea Market & Gun Show - Hillsville.com
The Memorial Day event is getting even bigger than the Labor Day one

Old 09-12-2012, 12:19 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSMTN View Post
I hope you guys didn't have to stay overnight, or you took your motor home. The room rates are out of sight.......at least for the chain motels right in Hillsville. I overnight there on the way to the NC coast for fishing trips and always check the calendar to make sure when the flea markets are scheduled. But you are right, it's probably the biggest flea market on the east coast.
But many times you can rent a nearby cabin, as long as you do it far enough in advance, without any price increases

Old 01-19-2015, 01:55 PM

3 posts, read 4,342 times
It is the largest flea market on the east coast. Anything you can think of is there. Many people bring U-halls or trailers with them. The handmade wood furniture is amazing and a fraction of what you'd pay at a furniture store. You have to pay a few dollars to get into the VFW building but it's well worth it, IMHO. I live here and have never been able to see it all. It's that big. LoveMountains is right. There are a LOT of cabins around you can rent without much of an increase, (if any at all)and only a few miles from all the shopping near the blue ridge parkway. Never understood why people would stay in a hotel when there are such wonderful cabins with amazing views and customer service close by. Wish they had it more than once a year although I'm sure the people living off Rt 52/58 don't feel the same way. Expect to pay about 5-10 dollars for parking. Food is expensive. Much better to drive to the local restaurants in town or eat before you go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia