Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2019, 11:36 AM

745 posts, read 2,211,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
This isn’t being seen state-wide.
In enough of the state that if it’s not been reported, the media outlet is choosing to ignore it thus far.
Attached Thumbnails
Virginia voters turning out in support of 2nd amendment?-8a8cc920-8263-4d5f-83ee-c7ac6a7f04d9.jpeg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2019, 12:28 PM

8,827 posts, read 15,341,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor92 View Post
In enough of the state that if it’s not been reported, the media outlet is choosing to ignore it thus far.
What makes you think it isn’t being reported? In fact, just an hour or so ago I heard a news radio report about Fauquier County’s resolution as it’s currently on hold.

It’s still true that protests, turnouts and even local resolutions aren’t being seen state-wide.

Old 12-14-2019, 03:18 PM

2,189 posts, read 1,411,267 times
Quote:
It’s still true that protests, turnouts and even local resolutions aren’t being seen state-wide.
I just read all 3 of your replies. No, it may not be "state wide" but about 90 to 95% of it. If you live in a Liberal area, you may not be hearing much about it. Also the Liberal Media is also most likely keeping it quiet. I'm sure they don't like it. Myself, it's one of the hottest topics of this type that I've ever seen. It's pretty much all the rage in all the Red Counties.

Old 12-14-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Very true.

Great map by the way.

Old 12-14-2019, 03:29 PM

745 posts, read 2,211,639 times
Quote:
What makes you think it isn’t being reported? In fact, just an hour or so ago I heard a news radio report about Fauquier County’s resolution as it’s currently on hold.

I think we were just using and understand ‘state-wide’ differently. The map shows counties/cities in every geographic region of Va, therefore being ‘state-wide.’ My assumption was merely that you had not heard these reports, I guess this might not have translated. I now assume you are speaking in less of a general and more of a specific sense that not every county and city is on board.

*Regardless, I think the larger picture is surprise at the extent to which the movement is happening despite threats from Richmond. It may very well be a state law that is only enforced in those areas that supported it. I guess we’ll see how far all this goes and Virginia will be cited as an example many times in the 2020 election.*

Last edited by Trevor92; 12-14-2019 at 03:50 PM..

Old 12-14-2019, 03:48 PM

8,827 posts, read 15,341,069 times
Quote:
I think we just disagree on the use of ‘state-wide.’ The map show counties/cities in every geographic region of Va. To me, it appears to show evidence of support across the Commonwealth, therefore being ‘state-wide.’ My assumption was merely that you had not heard these reports, I guess this might not have translated. I assume you are speaking in less of a general and more of a specific sense that not every county and city is on board.

*Regardless, I think the larger picture is surprise at the extent to which the movement is happening despite threats from Richmond. It may very well be a state law that is only enforced in those areas that supported it. I guess we’ll see how far all this goes and Virginia will be cited as an example many times in the 2020 election.*
I most definitely hear the reports. I have seen no evidence to say that the media is ignoring the proposed legislation in Richmond.

I haven't done the math, but Virginia has about 8.5 million people. I estimate the areas in blue and pink on that map probably amount to a good chunk of that total. Fairfax, Loudoun and Arlington Counties combined are pushing 2 million. The subject of this thread is "Virginia Voters" and in that sense the populace covered by that map is much lower than 90-95%.

Last edited by tgbwc; 12-14-2019 at 04:04 PM..

Old 12-14-2019, 04:03 PM

Quote:
The subject of this thread is "Virginia Voters" and in that sense support is much lower than 90-95%.
True, as I was referring to the County-wide political support of the citizens, not the actual citizens themselves. But we sure got Northam's attention. And the outpouring is huge. Even our local political analyst reporting on local TV today stated on how significant the overwhelming support is. This is also not just the citizens themselves, but Second Amendment support from law enforcement and politicians to boot.

Old 12-14-2019, 05:15 PM

18,359 posts, read 26,537,089 times
Quote:
I most definitely hear the reports. I have seen no evidence to say that the media is ignoring the proposed legislation in Richmond.

I haven't done the math, but Virginia has about 8.5 million people. I estimate the areas in blue and pink on that map probably amount to a good chunk of that total. Fairfax, Loudoun and Arlington Counties combined are pushing 2 million. The subject of this thread is "Virginia Voters" and in that sense the populace covered by that map is much lower than 90-95%.
Urban/suburban versus rural is what it boils down to. People in rural areas are tired of being dictated to by distant urban centers.

Old 12-14-2019, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Urban/suburban versus rural is what it boils down to. People in rural areas are tired of being dictated to by distant urban centers.
Well stated.

Old 12-15-2019, 05:50 AM

1,751 posts, read 1,691,199 times
Virginia voters turned out en force to turn the state blue so that we can have common sense restrictions on guns. We knew what we were voting for and we welcome it.

Take you histrionics and press on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia