Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2019, 06:38 PM

2,189 posts, read 1,410,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
Can the GOA and VCDL affect elections like the NRA does?
They're working on it. Kind of too soon to tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2020, 08:48 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,879,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
I'm bailing from the NRA after many years and trying to figure out which one I'll join. Still not sure.
I also have issues with the NRA Bigfoot. For one thing I think they are too willing to "compromise" and cave in to Politicians. The percentage of their budget going to administrative costs upsets me also. However they are the BIG DOG in the room and when they bark people listen.

The money you spend on NRA dues etc might be better spent on things like writing letters to the editor of local newspapers, message bumper stickers, T-shirts with Pro 2nd Amendment messages, take some classes at your local community colleges or University etc, etc.

Another thing would be doing extensive research into the background of WHY the Founding Fathers wrote it as is. After all that check out the various PRO 2nd Amendment groups and make up your mind who to allocate time and resources to. Do all of your friends and family support the 2nd Amendment? That might be a good place to start.

Old 01-01-2020, 08:21 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,945,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
I'm bailing from the NRA after many years and trying to figure out which one I'll join. Still not sure.
Why not both?
I will say that the VCDL never hounds you for donations.
All of their emails are informational and updates and alerts.
They do a ton of work tracking and fighting legislation.

Old 01-02-2020, 02:47 PM

2,282 posts, read 4,072,219 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtmdSrcmGbk

Old 01-02-2020, 03:13 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,879,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchful View Post
She makes a living doing what?

Old 01-02-2020, 07:29 PM

2,282 posts, read 4,072,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
She makes a living doing what?
When I heard her description of her "Alabama airport pickup driver" on this sketch, I had to chuckle.

Old 01-03-2020, 07:05 AM

419 posts, read 903,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
For Freedom, Independence, Constitutional Rights, Conservative Common Sense Laws and Politics, just to name a few, they can keep their Money.

Think of it the other way around. If you, them, or whoever if refers to, had all those things above and then some, would you "sell it all out" just for Money??

No way here.

And I believe I speak for the vast majority of us all here in the wide-spread Red territory of Virginia.

Many don't realize what is real important to us out there.
I think your passion and dedication to the principles stated is admirable. I don't think that the vast majority of people in the rural areas actually are willing to sacrifice at the level necessary. Most people (in rural areas and urban areas) will not voluntarily lower their standard of living. that is usually a forced circumstance based on external economic or political factors. Some may be willing to do so and a dynamic leader may be able to rally folks to a cause, I don't see any leaders of any political stripe existing in our world today.

Old 01-03-2020, 10:09 AM

2,189 posts, read 1,410,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregir View Post
Most people (in rural areas and urban areas) will not voluntarily lower their standard of living.
But isn't that just a fear?

If Southern Virginia became it's own state and had Christian conservative laws, standards, freedoms, etc, more like we used to have, and became outstanding in doing so, we could be a new draw for the nation. We could possibly become a new booming economy. There is an untold amount of people out there that are so sick of what's going on today, it may just surprise you.

And if it doesn't work out as good? Who are we to be afraid of it. We are not solidly Red here just because we like the color. The large turnout and recent opposition to new proposed laws are a good example of my point. Virginians can be quiet but don't push us too far, lol.

Last edited by 16 Acres; 01-03-2020 at 10:20 AM..

Old 01-05-2020, 11:04 AM

2,562 posts, read 2,226,062 times
To you Virginians from an Arizonan (a solidly pro-gun state), how do you see all this playing out? Any chance of voting the Dems out in a future election?

Old 01-05-2020, 03:45 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,309,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
To you Virginians from an Arizonan (a solidly pro-gun state), how do you see all this playing out? Any chance of voting the Dems out in a future election?
You can try, but whenever the Dems get voted back in they're coming for your guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia