Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2023, 07:49 PM

4 posts, read 3,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panna_Manna View Post
I lived in Lynchburg for a decade (not anymore), and while the place have picked up drastically, I would not put it alongside Blacksburg or Roanoke. Too much confederate flag waiving, religion and the average person seems to think the Proud Boys are just stand up dudes. Now, I am not saying EVERYBODY, but a lot. A whole lot.
But anyone who would like to flag a rebel flag in their front yard, this is probably your next hometown.
You have that in Roanoke too, but not as much.
Thank you for that valuable information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2023, 07:59 PM

4 posts, read 3,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macalan View Post
I'm sorry, but when a group of neighbors is asked if anyone has any possible solutions that could be discussed to try and remedy a parking problem that has become a safety issue because the ER vehicles can't get down the street and children are at risk of being hit, I, as an owner in the community have a right to put forth an opinion of what "might" work.

Never did I, or would I say "this is how we did things up north and you should too". I offered up a possible solution based on something that I had seen work elsewhere. Who cares where it was? There is a problem, people are looking for solutions.

As a northerner am I supposed to just keep my mouth shut and never contribute to conversations because all of my experiences - good and bad - happen to be back home in the north?

Several other people offered up the same solution and none of them were told to "go back home".

It seems there's an outsized level of sensitivity here, and an assumption of perception that just doesn't exist. Let's get over where people lived and take them and their ideas at face value please.
Their username is rural and red, they’ve clearly latched into this concept of cultural identity as a main part of their personal identity and take anything said against said culture as an attack against themselves. Don’t worry, you were offering a viable solution and your neighbors were indeed being rude and unkind from what I understand of the situation. I hope this helps!

Old 05-23-2023, 07:20 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,747,738 times
when you open with Are there any areas in Virginia that are laid back, not racist, accepting of transplants, not still fighting the war " don't be surprised when people are rude right back to you. seems like the only one around here still fighting the civil is you.

Old 05-23-2023, 08:15 PM

1,086 posts, read 2,656,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleKMB View Post
Thank you for that valuable information
I here tell that Biden won Lynchburg. So maybe 50-50 at best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia