Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2011, 07:43 PM

2,330 posts, read 4,403,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Landover Mall needed to go. There was nothing worth saving there. I don't know about White Flint so I can't comment on that. Same with Owings Mill. Lakeforest, however, seems to be pretty good to me. It shouldn't be demolished. That's my opinion. That's all.
HELL NO....

If thy were going to build a Mall that was larger and more upscale than sure but there is no other mall in that area that can replace Landover Mall....

Just because Landover Mall was in a Majority African American Community does not mean that it deserves to be demolished......

There are plent of successful upscale Malls that are still standing today and thriving but thats mostly in the Atlanta Metro area......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 07:48 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,640,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by $mk8795 View Post
I sure as Hell don't know of any Future Plans to Demolish Tysons Corner I & II, Fair Oaks Mall, Dulles Town Centre, and Pentagon City Mall......

HELL there are no plans for removing the Crystal City Underground and most of the Federal Government has relocated from Crystal City...........
Crystal City and Pentagon City are the only two malls that incorporates itself with the area its in. Dulles Town Center and Fair Oaks is just like every other suburban mall.

Last edited by Phyxius; 12-19-2011 at 08:21 PM..

Old 12-19-2011, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Right because you would rather the "never ending" cycle to remailn in Northern Virginia while Maryland continues to lose Business and Economic Growth in your hopes of Population decreasing.........

Only a bunch of Maryland Hating folks from across the river would support damaging Maryland's Business and Economic Growth by supporting anti-Growth while secretly supporting More Sprawl and Business Growth and Economic Wealth for Northern Virginia.........
Virginia is slowly destroying themselves and the environment. I don't have a problem with economic growth overall, just how its done but most people are uneducated and don't think of a more logic way of getting it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by $mk8795
Old News with no ground breaking of a Subway connection in the near future......

But nice try though........
Doesn't change the fact that they are considering after you claim they weren't. Metro extension is mostly funded by the Federal Government and came close to losing their fund due to shortsighted planning.

Quote:
When in doubt play the age old Game of Delusion of Grandeur....
Feel free to visit the malls yourself. When has widening lanes ever worked? VDOT spent $700 million on the Springfield Interchange and traffic is still a mess between Richmond and Washington. Maryland finished their side of the Wilson Bridge three years ago, what's VDOT doing? I-270 is a parking lot. Atlanta has like 16 lanes and it's still congested.....since you think I'm delusional...

Atlanta Traffic :-D YAY!!!!!! - YouTube

Quote:
Right because you would hate for Maryland to beat out Virginia for Job Growth, better Highway Growth, Rapid Transit, Upscale Retail Business, and Economic Wealth.....
Like I stated before, it's all about quality of life and logic and doing what's best long-term. I don't have a problem with economic growth overall, just how its done. Virginia is going at it the wrong way and they are only hurting themselves.

Quote:
Anyone that has common sense, psychologically sane, and not filled with hatred agenda would not support demolishing of Upscale Shopping Malls....
The mall was empty and I take it you've never visited or heard anything about Owings Mill. What's the purpose of keeping a mall that no one visits?

Old 12-19-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
Crystal City and Pentagon City are the only two malls that incorporates itself with the area its in. Dulles Town Center and Fair Oaks is just like every other suburban mall.
OK, but you support your Malls while you support Business/Economic Corruption of Demolishing All Enclosed Shopping Malls in Maryland......

Old 12-19-2011, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
Virginia is slowly destroying themselves and the environment. I don't have a problem with economic growth overall, just how its done but most people are uneducated and don't think of a more logic way of getting it done.

Doesn't change the fact that they are considering after you claim they weren't. Metro extension is mostly funded by the Federal Government and came close to losing their fund due to shortsighted planning.

Feel free to visit the malls yourself. When has widening lanes ever worked? VDOT spent $700 million on the Springfield Interchange and traffic is still a mess between Richmond and Washington. Maryland finished their side of the Wilson Bridge three years ago, what's VDOT doing? I-270 is a parking lot. Atlanta has like 16 lanes and it's still congested.....since you think I'm delusional...

Atlanta Traffic :-D YAY!!!!!! - YouTube

Like I stated before, it's all about quality of life and logic and doing what's best long-term. I don't have a problem with economic growth overall, just how its done. Virginia is going at it the wrong way and they are only hurting themselves.

The mall was empty and I take it you've never visited or heard anything about Owings Mill. What's the purpose of keeping a mall that no one visits?
That response screems delussion of grandeur......

Old 12-20-2011, 04:45 AM

15,435 posts, read 25,818,588 times
Quote:
HELL NO....

If thy were going to build a Mall that was larger and more upscale than sure but there is no other mall in that area that can replace Landover Mall....

Just because Landover Mall was in a Majority African American Community does not mean that it deserves to be demolished......

There are plent of successful upscale Malls that are still standing today and thriving but thats mostly in the Atlanta Metro area......
It wasn't attracting upscale stores. I know why, of course, but the fact is that it was a dead mall. Things seem better with it gone. Until attitudes really change towards PG, I don't see any mall succeeding over there. That's terrible, but that's how it is. I'd have loved to see a mall succeed there.

Old 12-20-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
That response screems delussion of grandeur......
Seems that you're out of responses. I wouldn't be surprise if a lot of people in Northern Virginia have health problems in the future. People in Atlanta are already suffering from pollution from the cars that occupy its roads caused by spreading everything out.

Old 12-20-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
It wasn't attracting upscale stores. I know why, of course, but the fact is that it was a dead mall. Things seem better with it gone. Until attitudes really change towards PG, I don't see any mall succeeding over there. That's terrible, but that's how it is. I'd have loved to see a mall succeed there.
Owings Mills north of Baltimore is a dead mall for the same reasons.

Owings Mills is still open but it's has like 5-6 stores in the entire building and it's empty even on a Saturday evening. Hunt Valley also north of Baltimore. was also dead with other malls nearby taking away the business but changed into a more main street/outdoor like design and brought back people to shop there. This is the plan for Owings Mills.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:24 PM

More delusions of grandeur

//www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...connector.html

http://www.midtownalliance.org/Docum...0Slideshow.pdf

Old 12-20-2011, 12:42 PM

5 posts, read 7,573 times
I remember growing up in suburban Maryland and feeling like I was at my senior prom and wasn't allowed in the the auditorium. Back in the 1980s and 1990s, knowing what was happening on the other side of the Potomac, and seeing the desolate southern backward marshes and swamps that made up the bulk of PG, Anne Arundel and even Montgomery Counties, it was horrible. Sadder still, nothing's changed in all that time. Northern Virginia is still the shining star of the DC area, even outdoing DC itself. They Feds don't call it the Washington-Northern Virginia area for no reason. But the people in Maryland vote for mediocrity, so let them have it. I now live in Dallas, Texas, where urban and suburban look like something from the 21st century, not the mid-1900s (ahem, Rockville, Columbia, and Suitland). Fairfax still outshines even most of the Dallas area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland