Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 07:12 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
I actually agree that the original post was not necessarily racist, but it was inflammatory, poorly reasoned, and basically presented us with nothing but Aeroguy's rage and spittle. People like him claim to be "truth tellers" but when you ask them to lay out their reasoning, they can't, because all they have is platitudes and claims and anecdotes and opinions, some more offensive and stupid than others. Please, Aeroguy, lay out your reasoning. What is the connection between Montgomery County's policies and its supposed increasing poverty? Tell us about the "liberal stupidity" and how it's hurting the county. Here's a secret, I don't have any confidence that you will. Prove me wrong.
Standby. I have the refutation, just not the time at the moment to post it.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:11 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,988,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reiflame View Post
The original post of this thread is that Montgomery County is going "downhill" (whatever that means) because white people are moving out and non-white people are moving in. If that's not racist, I sure as hell don't know what is.
I can see why you take what he said that way if you read the first portion of what he said, but he explained later in the post why he believed white people leaving Montgomery County was bad. It does appear to be a correlation between the white population and wealth. After all no other race can claim the amount of wealth that whites on average have in this country. No matter what the reasoning is, when money leaves the county it hurts. You are making his post too simplistic. He said more than that. Whether you agree or not, he explained why whites leaving was bad. Do you disagree with the idea that having a higher immigration rate is damaging to the economics of Montgomery County?

Old 11-18-2013, 09:36 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,823,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Standby. I have the refutation, just not the time at the moment to post it.
I wish you could see me. I am just quivering with anticipation.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:18 AM

15,432 posts, read 25,818,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
I can see why you take what he said that way if you read the first portion of what he said, but he explained later in the post why he believed white people leaving Montgomery County was bad. It does appear to be a correlation between the white population and wealth. After all no other race can claim the amount of wealth that whites on average have in this country. No matter what the reasoning is, when money leaves the county it hurts. You are making his post too simplistic. He said more than that. Whether you agree or not, he explained why whites leaving was bad. Do you disagree with the idea that having a higher immigration rate is damaging to the economics of Montgomery County?
Just to be clear, but, when you say immigration rate into the county, you're excluding whites who immigrate from other states, and/or countries, right?

Old 11-18-2013, 10:45 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,573,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Just to be clear, but, when you say immigration rate into the county, you're excluding whites who immigrate from other states, and/or countries, right?
Unfortunately, I think the socially accepted meaning of immigrants legal or otherwise, slants toward Latin Americans in the current social discourse. So, it is important for people to break out which immigrants they are referring to in order to be politically correct. That doesn't happen too often.

Old 11-18-2013, 11:10 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,823,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
I don't think black people of any political stripe disdain black people and are so happy to accuse liberals of being racist and conservatives of looking out for their best interests as you do. I'd imagine if you really had a thinking picture of MLK in your home, he'd be thinking "angry conservative white guys pretending to be black to give cover to racists on something called the internet...can't honestly say i saw that one coming."
You know, I never would have thought of this theory of yours myself (I'm just too innocent I suppose), but it just MAKES SO MUCH SENSE THAT IT IS SCARY.

Old 11-18-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Of course. I am referring to white Americans. White Americans are the wealthiest group in this country. White immigrants (which technically does include the Latino group that was mentioned) belong in a separate category. How likely is it for one to come from another country and have wealth by American standards.

Old 11-18-2013, 12:12 PM

You know what also makes sense, liberals, who mask their racist views, who know very few black people but feel 'connected' to blacks because they support policies that is supposed to ' support black people'.

See I don't know any black people but I voted for Obama and I support food stamps so that must mean I am not racist, right?

But that's right they voted for Obama so those individuals can't be racist right? **Looks at a picture of Harry Reid while speaking 'good negro dialect'.

Old 11-18-2013, 05:56 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
LOL your sad ad hominem attacks are so pathetic. I can't believe your own inability to have an actual argument using facts doesn't embarass you to the point where you never come back. OK whatever you say, the area is "stricken" with diversity like its the plague. That's pathetic how you have to lie in an online forum and backtrack, actually have a pair for once and don't pussyfoot around your beliefs. I see why you Teabaggers always have to own a dozen guns, such fraidy cats that you have to constantly lie, be deceptive and parse your words

You have no adequate explanation explaining why if liberal policies were so terrible, why is Montgomery one of the richest counties in America and why are all the richest counties in America liberal/Democratic? You'd prefer we be like some sort of ignorant Mississippi clone where you can spout your racist garbage in public and not get called out on it. You're to the point where you have no sense of respect for others, living in your tiny underutilized provincial mind, so my reason is definitely flying over your head but maybe talk with some of the smarter people in your nursing home (that us "mooching liberals" are paying for)
Well gee it may have something to do with it bordering DC?

Capital gains: Spending on contracts and lobbying propels a wave of new wealth in D .C. - The Washington Post

You are simply spewing ad hominems. You need to either address his points or move on.

The fact remains as MoCo schools have been diversifying the test scores have dropped. Are you going to argue the quality of MoCo schools simply dropped for no reason?

Math, elementary reading proficiency drops for Montgomery County students -- Gazette.Net

Old 11-18-2013, 05:57 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
You know, I never would have thought of this theory of yours myself (I'm just too innocent I suppose), but it just MAKES SO MUCH SENSE THAT IT IS SCARY.
Being Black doesn't prevent one from being called racist or worse. Trust me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland