Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 09:46 PM

709 posts, read 1,130,529 times

Advertisements

Its clear that PG county (or the people who live there) have a big inferiority complex about the place. PG is looked down on and many who live there feel its not fair.

It doesn't help that it goes by "PG" (parental guidance) for a nick name.

I think the county (or its people) either need to change the image of the county to make it more attractive and welcoming to all OR just take pride in it the way it is and accept that people will continue looking down on it.

There are WAY too many PG country threads (I know I just added to the problem). Either get over it or move. Am I right?

Last edited by Collateral; 12-16-2013 at 10:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 09:56 PM

304 posts, read 714,030 times
For an individual who can't even properly decipher between the terms "fare" and "fair"... you have about as much credibility as George Zimmerman. So not worth the keystrokes. Am I right, sugarplum??

Old 12-16-2013, 10:02 PM

709 posts, read 1,130,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemistry View Post
For an individual who can't even properly decipher between the terms "fare" and "fair"... you have about as much credibility as George Zimmerman. So not worth the keystrokes. Am I right, sugarplum??
Oh yes.. one spelling mistake makes someone a total moron.

Very logical

Old 12-17-2013, 05:27 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,573,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collateral View Post
Its clear that PG county (or the people who live there) have a big inferiority complex about the place. PG is looked down on and many who live there feel its not fair.

I think the county (or its people) either need to change the image of the county to make it more attractive and welcoming to all OR just take pride in it the way it is and accept that people will continue looking down on it.

There are WAY too many PG country threads (I know I just added to the problem). Either get over it or move. Am I right?

No. You're wrong. lol It's not an inferiority complex. Especially when most agree with the issues in the county.

We do not deny that PG:

1. Has a higher poverty rate among the DC suburbs.
2. Has higher crime
3. has fewer white people
4. is less wealthy
5. Has a higher minority population
6. Has less retail options
7. Has less high end retail
8. Has lower performing schools
etc. etc.

It's when facts are distorted or ignored. Or when people make generally sweeping comments that have no factual basis that responses are given highlighting such misinformation and outright hate. If they don't like the county or they find it appalling, fine. But when the discourse becomes nothing but complaining, bashing, and repetitively negative, it naturally offends those who live in the county and it sends a false message to those looking to relocate. Especially when all the complaining and bashing is based on BS.

Honestly, some threads are notoriously repetitive in their content as if people have to keep reiterating the above list to drive home that they simply don't like PG. We get it. Recently, I think there's been one or two negative threads about Montgomery County. lol

And like a few said, very few solutions have been offered.

Old 12-17-2013, 07:59 AM

1,831 posts, read 4,435,861 times
Quote:

PG's issues aside, perhaps the problem is more that people in the so-called "better" counties have a superiority complex.

Old 12-17-2013, 02:18 PM

153 posts, read 306,516 times
Quote:

Very logical

Everyone who misspells/uses the word "Fair" is indeed a moron. To use your own logic from your original post you should learn to accept that others feel this way about you and you need to get over your own inferiority complex

As you would say: "You need to not make typos to make yourself appear more intelligent to others OR just take pride in it the way it is and accept that people will continue looking down on you".

Old 12-17-2013, 02:56 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemistry View Post
Don't forget the incorrect use of "its" twice.

Old 12-17-2013, 02:57 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:

Very logical
I see at atleast three but who is counting?

Old 12-17-2013, 03:13 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,215,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
No. You're wrong. lol It's not an inferiority complex. Especially when most agree with the issues in the county.

We do not deny that PG:

1. Has a higher poverty rate among the DC suburbs.
2. Has higher crime
3. has fewer white people
4. is less wealthy
5. Has a higher minority population
6. Has less retail options
7. Has less high end retail
8. Has lower performing schools
etc. etc.

It's when facts are distorted or ignored. Or when people make generally sweeping comments that have no factual basis that responses are given highlighting such misinformation and outright hate. If they don't like the county or they find it appalling, fine. But when the discourse becomes nothing but complaining, bashing, and repetitively negative, it naturally offends those who live in the county and it sends a false message to those looking to relocate. Especially when all the complaining and bashing is based on BS.

Honestly, some threads are notoriously repetitive in their content as if people have to keep reiterating the above list to drive home that they simply don't like PG. We get it. Recently, I think there's been one or two negative threads about Montgomery County. lol

And like a few said, very few solutions have been offered.
+1 Case closed.

Old 12-17-2013, 03:27 PM

15,435 posts, read 25,818,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowian View Post
PG's issues aside, perhaps the problem is more that people in the so-called "better" counties have a superiority complex.
That's it right there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland