Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 11:54 PM

469 posts, read 549,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by papichulo2 View Post
true dat… who cares about whole foods?

Maybe its not important, but the Wegmens in Lanham/Glenarden has brought a nice quality of life to the local area it serves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2015, 07:43 AM

1,830 posts, read 1,652,083 times
Looks like 2,500sf lease was signed.
Habit is mostly a California & western state operation. They currently have five locations on the east coast.

Habit Burger Grill leased 2,530 square feet at Baltimore Ave. and Van Buren St., Riverdale Park, Md. from Calvert Tract LLC. Geoffrey Mackler, Sebastian Restifo, and David Ward with H&R represented landlord - See more at: citybizlist : Baltimore : H&R Retail Completes Three Retail Leases in Washington, DC Region

Old 10-21-2015, 08:24 AM

7,083 posts, read 9,561,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBMD View Post
Looks like 2,500sf lease was signed.
Habit is mostly a California & western state operation. They currently have five locations on the east coast.

Habit Burger Grill leased 2,530 square feet at Baltimore Ave. and Van Buren St., Riverdale Park, Md. from Calvert Tract LLC. Geoffrey Mackler, Sebastian Restifo, and David Ward with H&R represented landlord - See more at: citybizlist : Baltimore : H&R Retail Completes Three Retail Leases in Washington, DC Region
Meh. I would have preferred Burgerfi. It will be interesting to see how well Habit Burger does against Five Guys and Elevation Burger, the local kings of burgers.

Old 10-21-2015, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Meh. I would have preferred Burgerfi. It will be interesting to see how well Habit Burger does against Five Guys and Elevation Burger, the local kings of burgers.
And that speaks precisely to the difficulties I believe they are having leasing space. You think the chains you mentioned, weren't approached first?

Old 10-21-2015, 09:32 AM

Quote:
And that speaks precisely to the difficulties I believe they are having leasing space. You think the chains you mentioned, weren't approached first?
I don't see leasing Habit Burger as a result of leasing difficulties. My personal preference has no bearing on how well the rest of the leasing will go. Habit is a new chain in the area. Just like Burgerfi was. Who knows, Habit Burger may do quite well and be the envy of the area.

From online reviews, it seems Habit Burger may be no slouch when it comes to great burgers. Therefore, this may be a win for the project.

From Consumer Reports:

Fast Food Restaurants - The Best and Worst in America - Consumer Reports

PS. After reading more about Habit Burger, it may turn out to be one of my favorite spots for burgers.

Old 10-21-2015, 01:15 PM

Quote:
I don't see leasing Habit Burger as a result of leasing difficulties. My personal preference has no bearing on how well the rest of the leasing will go. Habit is a new chain in the area. Just like Burgerfi was. Who knows, Habit Burger may do quite well and be the envy of the area.

From online reviews, it seems Habit Burger may be no slouch when it comes to great burgers. Therefore, this may be a win for the project.

From Consumer Reports:

Fast Food Restaurants - The Best and Worst in America - Consumer Reports

PS. After reading more about Habit Burger, it may turn out to be one of my favorite spots for burgers.
I made no comment on the quality or otherwise of Habit, just that the local and established chains you referenced, were likely approached first, and declined, and that they are currently more familiar with the local market. I think they'll do fine. If the place can't support a burger joint, it's really in trouble.

Old 10-21-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
I made no comment on the quality or otherwise of Habit, just that the local and established chains you referenced, were likely approached first, and declined, and that they are currently more familiar with the local market. I think they'll do fine. If the place can't support a burger joint, it's really in trouble.
Are you suggesting that the intent of the developers is to only look for local chains first? Why limit themselves? Also, some of the "local" chains here aren't all that exciting. Most folks around here yammer about finding new and innovative places to shop and eat. I commend H&R for finding what amounts to a development full of firsts for the entire county.

1. Habit Burger Grill
2. Bella Beach Spa
3. Hyatt House
4. Whole Foods

I think the owners of the development tasked H&R to bring good quality brands from around the country and not necessarily local. Which is probably why it is taking them so long. Who knows?

I could care less about the comings and goings of fast food burger joints. Anchor retail and upscale sit down restaurants are harder to replace with the same caliber establishment.

Old 10-21-2015, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Are you suggesting that the intent of the developers is to only look for local chains first? Why limit themselves? Also, some of the "local" chains here aren't all that exciting. Most folks around here yammer about finding new and innovative places to shop and eat. I commend H&R for finding what amounts to a development full of firsts for the entire county.

1. Habit Burger Grill
2. Bella Beach Spa
3. Hyatt House
4. Whole Foods

I think the owners of the development tasked H&R to bring good quality brands from around the country and not necessarily local. Which is probably why it is taking them so long. Who knows?

I could care less about the comings and goings of fast food burger joints. Anchor retail and upscale sit down restaurants are harder to replace with the same caliber establishment.
No, you're jumping to conclusions unsupported by the facts of what I said.

All developers have the same primary goal. Find tenants who'll pay the rent. Compatibility with other tenants is very much secondary. Take the new Towne Center at Laurel. Way too many food outlets, 18 out of 39, including a Subway, and not enough hard/soft goods/services.

Rest assured that H&R did not "find" Whole Foods.

Do you have any evidence to support your claim that H&R have been tasked with finding tenants who are not currently in the market?

Your post #2 in this thread on May 19, says six leases are under negotiation. This Habit lease is the first I'm aware of that has been concluded, in 5 months. Habit are already open in the H&R leased Belmont Chase in Ashburn. They'll need to pick up the pace leasing at Riverdale. Old Line aside, every tenant so far signed for Riverdale is already open in Ashburn. The issue is why haven't they been able to sign more?

Details on Belmont Chase at the links.

http://www.bizjournals.com/washingto...=wtop&page=all

Belmont Chase | Ashburn Retail Space for Rent and Restaurant Space for Lease

I see that construction has just begun on the new Wegmans at Owings Mills, scheduled to open next September. Curious to see if WFM Riverdale opens first.

Old 10-21-2015, 08:50 PM

Quote:
No, you're jumping to conclusions unsupported by the facts of what I said.
Quote:
the local and established chains you referenced, were likely approached first, and declined, and that they are currently more familiar with the local market
So, you don't think H&R intended to search for local retail first before expanding their search? Your statement would have one believe that's what they did.

Quote:
Take the new Towne Center at Laurel. Way too many food outlets, 18 out of 39, including a Subway, and not enough hard/soft goods/services.
What's the point you're making here?

Quote:
Do you have any evidence to support your claim that H&R have been tasked with finding tenants who are not currently in the market?
No more than you have any evidence that local and established chains were likely approached first, and declined.

Quote:
Your post #2 in this thread on May 19, says six leases are under negotiation. This Habit lease is the first I'm aware of that has been concluded, in 5 months. Habit are already open in the H&R leased Belmont Chase in Ashburn. They'll need to pick up the pace leasing at Riverdale. Old Line aside, every tenant so far signed for Riverdale is already open in Ashburn. The issue is why haven't they been able to sign more?
You're the only one who thinks there is an issue. No asphalt has been poured yet at Riverdale Park. There's not even an entrance or stoplight. Gas and electricity utilities have barely been delivered to the site and you think it should be fully leased by now? But because it isn't, something must be amiss.

I would hope that the project in Ashburn was fully leased by now seeing that all the structures have been completed and there is an actual surface to drive on for customers to shop at all that lovely retail.

Old 10-21-2015, 09:01 PM

Quote:
So, you don't think H&R intended to search for local retail first before expanding their search? Your statement would have one believe that's what they did.

What's the point you're making here?

No more than you have any evidence that local and established chains were likely approached first, and declined.

You're the only one who thinks there is an issue. No asphalt has been poured yet at Riverdale Park. There's not even an entrance or stoplight. Gas and electricity utilities have barely been delivered to the site and you think it should be fully leased by now? But because it isn't, something must be amiss.

I would hope that the project in Ashburn was fully leased by now seeing that all the structures have been completed and there is an actual surface to drive on for customers to shop at all that lovely retail.
I have no intention of wasting my time providing a substantive response to your post above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland