Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 01:20 PM

13 posts, read 22,816 times

Advertisements

It seems as if Larry Hogan is all but assured of a victory next year and I can't for the life of me think of what he's done to deserve it. It seems like most Marylanders are fine with the status quo and will vote for Hogan just because he is a safe, inoffensive choice yet he hasn't really done much for this state. Some people I've talked to think he's made MD more competitive than VA in ruling jobs to the state but other than approving the Purple Line, his grandstanding on the Port Covington Amazon bid and some tax cuts, I don't really see how he can make MD compete with the powerhouse that is NOVA. I don't know where his so called pro-business credentials come from. In fact some of his policies like picking fights with Metro or cancelling Baltimore's red line subway in order to fund rural roads were few people live are counterproductive let alone his crazy plan to widen 270 to 6 or more lanes and introduce tolls. Meanwhile, the Democrat side seems to be incredibly crowded yet other than Ben Jelous, the PG Country leader and the lady who worked for Hillary, I have no idea who the rest of the candidates are. I'm also shocked by the huge amount of apathy I see among most people, especially working class voters. We definately won't see a race like the on they just had in Virginia, so what gives? Why is deep blue MD giving Hogan a free pass?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2017, 05:43 PM

45,435 posts, read 60,638,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NXNE View Post
It seems as if Larry Hogan is all but assured of a victory next year and I can't for the life of me think of what he's done to deserve it. It seems like most Marylanders are fine with the status quo and will vote for Hogan just because he is a safe, inoffensive choice yet he hasn't really done much for this state. Some people I've talked to think he's made MD more competitive than VA in ruling jobs to the state but other than approving the Purple Line, his grandstanding on the Port Covington Amazon bid and some tax cuts, I don't really see how he can make MD compete with the powerhouse that is NOVA. I don't know where his so called pro-business credentials come from. In fact some of his policies like picking fights with Metro or cancelling Baltimore's red line subway in order to fund rural roads were few people live are counterproductive let alone his crazy plan to widen 270 to 6 or more lanes and introduce tolls. Meanwhile, the Democrat side seems to be incredibly crowded yet other than Ben Jelous, the PG Country leader and the lady who worked for Hillary, I have no idea who the rest of the candidates are. I'm also shocked by the huge amount of apathy I see among most people, especially working class voters. We definately won't see a race like the on they just had in Virginia, so what gives? Why is deep blue MD giving Hogan a free pass?
I hesitate to make a prediction since I totally blew the 2014 election and didn't see Hogan coming but I still think we need to practice saying Gov. Baker.

Someone mentioned it, but Hogan is being Trumped by the Democrat hopefuls just like O'Malley Bushwhacked Ehrlich.

Old 12-15-2017, 06:36 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,678,119 times
I like Hogan and think he has done a good job in Maryland ten times better then O'Mally.

Old 12-19-2017, 10:55 PM

4,401 posts, read 4,300,828 times
Sounds like you don't want to vote for Hogan because you think he's incapable of improving Maryland. That's a pretty sad attitude to have. I say give him four more, years he's making an effort at improving Maryland's economy. That's more than O'mally can say. Also frankly a moderate Republican is exactly what we need.

Old 12-21-2017, 12:12 AM

3 posts, read 2,814 times
Baker did a whole lot more for PG county as County Executive than Hogan did for any county in MD. Voting Baker as the next Governor would be best for the state at this time given the rising economy. Baker has been consistent throughout his tenure and has a great track record. Hogan only recently began to take action as re-election is around the corner. Red or blue, vote Baker.

Old 12-21-2017, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveyuery View Post
Baker did a whole lot more for PG county as County Executive than Hogan did for any county in MD. Voting Baker as the next Governor would be best for the state at this time given the rising economy. Baker has been consistent throughout his tenure and has a great track record. Hogan only recently began to take action as re-election is around the corner. Red or blue, vote Baker.
Great story ,not true but great anyway.

Old 12-21-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveyuery View Post
And so it begins.

Baker will probably run on the scandal free and high performing school system as well as the bribery free Liquor Board.

Old 12-21-2017, 09:25 PM

469 posts, read 550,314 times
Hogan transportation fetish tried to displace my Historically Black Neighborhood as well as other local neighborhoods in Prince Georges County. So I doubt he will be getting any votes in this area.

Old 12-22-2017, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos82 View Post
Hogan transportation fetish tried to displace my Historically Black Neighborhood as well as other local neighborhoods in Prince Georges County. So I doubt he will be getting any votes in this area.
To be honest, he wouldn't get many votes in your neighborhood in any event.

What project?

Old 12-22-2017, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos82 View Post
......................and what " Historically Black Neighborhood" would that be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland