Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 03:32 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InchingWest View Post
I agree, so that raises the question: why aren't Black children putting in an equal amount of effort compared to what most White children and the vast majority of Asian children are putting in?

And why aren't Black parents raising their children to behave better in school so that they might have a better learning environment? And why aren't they raising their children to put more effort into their schooling?

You talk about power and "privilege", but I see a majority Black county can elect it's own government and no one is oppressed or denied their right to vote. I'm not "hoarding" anything or "oppressing" anyone. I don't have time to oppress anyone. Want to do better in school? Go do it. Want a better job? Go get it. I'm not holding anyone back.

And resources? Last I checked Baltimore City and PG county spend more money per student than any other district in Maryland yet still manage to get last place in results. Why is that? It stands to reason that the problem has nothing to do with money.

People often want to talk about the inequality of results, but people like you never seem to want to discuss the inequality of inputs. Garbage in = Garbage out.

Maybe smart people just put more effort into learning and understanding things, but oh no, we need to coddle idiots and throw more money at them because the results are unequal!!!

Maybe fit people just put more effort into diet and exercise. Oh no, those fat lazy people are being oppressed and discriminated against! The results are unequal and clearly the government needs to throw money at this problem and the media needs to chastise "fit privilege"

And maybe a great many well-to-do people just put more effort into saving money instead of blowing it. Hey if you want to give 10% of your income over to 7-11 for cigarettes and energy drinks, that's fine. I'll cook at home and drink tap water then use the savings for investments. Maybe I'll drive a Honda while you drive that Escalade. But oh no, but we have an inequality of the results without looking at and discussing the thousands of inputs that cause the disparities. There must be inherent oppression somewhere in the system!!!

Very good post!!!!+1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2018, 07:22 AM

45,323 posts, read 60,500,026 times
And in other news:
https://wtop.com/prince-georges-coun...-spring-break/

A decision made after teachers, parents and others had adjusted their plans to accommodate the shortened Spring Break the longer one was restored. After the break had already begun.

If the school system was business investors would be dumping their stock due to disarray in the board room.

Old 04-13-2018, 05:13 PM

And the beat goes on:

wusa9.com | New raises for PGCPS staff discovered, while teachers denied 4 percent increase

Old 04-14-2018, 09:29 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
This kinda off subject but still true...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIjxnKp0Ay0

Old 04-16-2018, 04:54 PM

469 posts, read 549,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InchingWest View Post
I agree, so that raises the question: why aren't Black children putting in an equal amount of effort compared to what most White children and the vast majority of Asian children are putting in?

And why aren't Black parents raising their children to behave better in school so that they might have a better learning environment? And why aren't they raising their children to put more effort into their schooling?

You talk about power and "privilege", but I see a majority Black county can elect it's own government and no one is oppressed or denied their right to vote. I'm not "hoarding" anything or "oppressing" anyone. I don't have time to oppress anyone. Want to do better in school? Go do it. Want a better job? Go get it. I'm not holding anyone back.

And resources? Last I checked Baltimore City and PG county spend more money per student than any other district in Maryland yet still manage to get last place in results. Why is that? It stands to reason that the problem has nothing to do with money.

People often want to talk about the inequality of results, but people like you never seem to want to discuss the inequality of inputs. Garbage in = Garbage out.

Maybe smart people just put more effort into learning and understanding things, but oh no, we need to coddle idiots and throw more money at them because the results are unequal!!!

Maybe fit people just put more effort into diet and exercise. Oh no, those fat lazy people are being oppressed and discriminated against! The results are unequal and clearly the government needs to throw money at this problem and the media needs to chastise "fit privilege"

And maybe a great many well-to-do people just put more effort into saving money instead of blowing it. Hey if you want to give 10% of your income over to 7-11 for cigarettes and energy drinks, that's fine. I'll cook at home and drink tap water then use the savings for investments. Maybe I'll drive a Honda while you drive that Escalade. But oh no, but we have an inequality of the results without looking at and discussing the thousands of inputs that cause the disparities. There must be inherent oppression somewhere in the system!!!

I'm so tired of the Black Americans are inferior compared to White and Asians myth. Americans Blacks over work and over achieve only to get back half of what they put into the system. Stop comparing selective immigrants (asians) to a whole native population (American Blacks). It's silly because in reality barely 9 percent of Chinese in China are college compared to 20 percent of American Blacks. So I don't need to copy another ethnic group when my group is twice as educated.

Old 04-18-2018, 02:47 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,486,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos82 View Post
I'm so tired of the Black Americans are inferior compared to White and Asians myth. Americans Blacks over work and over achieve only to get back half of what they put into the system. Stop comparing selective immigrants (asians) to a whole native population (American Blacks). It's silly because in reality barely 9 percent of Chinese in China are college compared to 20 percent of American Blacks. So I don't need to copy another ethnic group when my group is twice as educated.

Old 04-18-2018, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingbutnotlost View Post
These people are outrageous. It is really making me question if I can vote for Baker.
Sounds like Pruitt, the EPA Director, corruption doesn't have a color.

Old 04-18-2018, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCnotDMV View Post
Well, DC Public schools are even worst and people are still moving to DC?
Please explain?

Old 04-25-2018, 03:41 PM

And the adventure continues:

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/l...t/65-545365186

Old 04-26-2018, 08:53 AM

170 posts, read 188,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos82 View Post
In your angst, your racism against Asians is showing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland