Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2020, 08:04 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The upside is that none of you complaining scofflaws will have to worry about getting a ticket for passing a school bus illegally for the next couple weeks.

Again you are succince and straight to the heart of the matter , thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2020, 08:48 AM

45,408 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Again you are succince and straight to the heart of the matter , thank you.
And all I was trying to do was be a smartass.

Old 03-16-2020, 03:49 PM

15,436 posts, read 25,818,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
"Stop" means "stop", whether it's two lanes or 20 lanes. The amount of lanes isn't relevant. The only thing that matters, is whether there is a median separation or not, to determine if traffic in the opposite direction has to stop or not. After debating this for two years is the law really that hard for you to understand? If you can't understand what a stop sign with flashing red lights means, you really shouldn't be driving. Please just give up your driver's license, before you hurt or kill someone, and end up in prison. Thanks in advance.
We understand the rules just fine. I don't think the LOCATIONS of some stops are good. We don't disagree on the rules. Location, location, location. <--- that is what I think the problem with some stops is.

I did mention that the comparison you use is not a apples to apples one, but that doesn't matter so I'm not going to argue that point any further.

Old 03-16-2020, 07:09 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
And all I was trying to do was be a smartass.
LOL, as I said..........................

Old 03-17-2020, 04:26 AM

15,421 posts, read 9,083,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
We understand the rules just fine. I don't think the LOCATIONS of some stops are good. We don't disagree on the rules. Location, location, location. <--- that is what I think the problem with some stops is.

I did mention that the comparison you use is not a apples to apples one, but that doesn't matter so I'm not going to argue that point any further.
So you understand the rules, you just don't care? What if I don't like the location of a traffic light? Can I just blow through red lights there, because I don't agree that there should be a traffic control light at that location?

Old 03-17-2020, 04:38 AM

15,436 posts, read 25,818,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
So you understand the rules, you just don't care? What if I don't like the location of a traffic light? Can I just blow through red lights there, because I don't agree that there should be a traffic control light at that location?
I didn't say I don't casre, nor did I say that I don't follow the law. I used to drive a bus. I care. I just think that the locations of some stops can be better located than they are now.

Old 03-18-2020, 05:09 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
So I made an honest mistake. I passed a school bus with its stop sign out thinking it was legal to do so. (Montgomery County). I would personally never pass a school bus if I thought it was either unsafe or illegal to do.

I was always under the impression that you can continue driving if you are traveling opposite the bus on a street that was four lanes or wider. School districts will never allow kids cross a street like that and in most places I have lived, you don't have to stop on in this situation. Other cars on my side of the road continued driving too.

Normally, I would pay the ticket in a case like this and move on, but this ticket is for $250! That's quite a price to pay to learn a law. I think people should be ticketed when passing a school bus, but in this situation on a wide street, I think this is just another revenue generator.

I was just wondering if this is something that might be worth going to court over to get a lower fine. Is it even possible to get this reduced somehow?
"So I made an honest mistake. I passed a school bus with its stop sign out thinking it was legal to do so."
How did you manage to pass your driver's test?

Old 03-19-2020, 06:57 AM

7,301 posts, read 13,518,729 times
Honest mistakes are fine. That's why you got a ticket. A good remedy to the problem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland