Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2021, 09:45 AM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,128 posts, read 7,552,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
I don't know about skeddy I speak for myself. He provided links you want to argue those fine. I worked in PG County for 33 years and I have given my opinion agree don't agree I don't care .
This thread is about Lake Arbor, not "PG County". You want to keep trolling that's fine, but don't misrepresent or create narratives that aren't true about specific places unless your or skeddy's facts are in order.

Lake Arbor does not have "bad schools" nor "high" or even "moderate" crime. It is one of the cleanest, safest Black majority enclaves in the United States.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2021, 10:39 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,653,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
This thread is about Lake Arbor, not "PG County". You want to keep trolling that's fine, but don't misrepresent or create narratives that aren't true about specific places unless your or skeddy's facts are in order.

Lake Arbor does not have "bad schools" nor "high" or even "moderate" crime. It is one of the cleanest, safest Black majority enclaves in the United States.
This a message board where opinions are asked for, don't like them fine. Your opinion means as much as mine ,you seem to have an agenda I do not.

Old 05-17-2021, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
This a message board where opinions are asked for, don't like them fine. Your opinion means as much as mine ,you seem to have an agenda I do not.
You don't have an opinion on the topic of the thread. If you would like to create a thread about the crime in Prince George's County and poor schooling, please feel free to go right ahead and create one, so that people can go on and on discussing that.

This thread is about a Washington Post article highlighting Lake Arbor specifically. When you find some pertinent information to discuss about Lake Arbor specifically, only then should you inject it into the thread, and not a moment sooner. Thanks.

Old 05-18-2021, 05:34 AM

20,099 posts, read 9,006,146 times
How many Washington Post reporters do you think are sending their kids to Lake Arbor schools? It may be special to you, depends on the quality of education you want for your kids....I'd want better, but that's just me.

Lake Arbor Elementary is rated 4/10.

This school is rated below average in school quality compared to other schools in Maryland. Students here are making below average year-over-year academic improvement, this school has below average results in how well it’s serving disadvantaged students, and students perform below average on state tests.

https://www.greatschools.org/marylan...entary-School/

Largo High School is rated 3/10.

This school is rated below average in school quality compared to other schools in Maryland. Students here have below average college readiness measures, this school has below average results in how well it’s serving disadvantaged students, and students perform below average on state tests.

https://www.greatschools.org/marylan...o-High-School/

Old 05-18-2021, 06:01 PM

^^^ Yep, this is exactly why people like you should refrain from commenting on topics that you have no idea of.

The neighborhood high school for Lake Arbor residents is not Largo High...It's Charles Herbert Flowers High School, which is ranked 5th in Prince George's County.

https://www.publicschoolreview.com/m...-s-county/high

Another school where some Lake Arbor residents attend is Bowie High School which ranked 4th.

Ernest Everett Just Middle is ranked 23rd in Middle Schools, and Lake Arbor Elementary is ranked 46th out of 170 meaning top 3rd of the county.

So again you know very little about the specifics here, and only can recite what other people tell you or google what you think is fact. If you have no knowledge of this topic, I'm certain as to why you're the first poster in the thread about a positive article about Lake Arbor.

Old 05-18-2021, 06:53 PM

20,099 posts, read 9,006,146 times
Quote:
^^^ Yep, this is exactly why people like you should refrain from commenting on topics that you have no idea of.

The neighborhood high school for Lake Arbor residents is not Largo High...It's Charles Herbert Flowers High School, which is ranked 5th in Prince George's County.

https://www.publicschoolreview.com/m...-s-county/high

Another school where some Lake Arbor residents attend is Bowie High School which ranked 4th.

Ernest Everett Just Middle is ranked 23rd in Middle Schools, and Lake Arbor Elementary is ranked 46th out of 170 meaning top 3rd of the county.

So again you know very little about the specifics here, and only can recite what other people tell you or google what you think is fact. If you have no knowledge of this topic, I'm certain as to why you're the first poster in the thread about a positive article about Lake Arbor.

lol...."Charles Herbert Flowers High is ranked 120th within Maryland. Students have the opportunity to take Advanced Placement® coursework and exams. The AP® participation rate at Charles Herbert Flowers High is 30%. The total minority enrollment is 99%, and 49% of students are economically disadvantaged. Charles Herbert Flowers High is 1 of 33 high schools in the Prince George's County Public Schools."

https://www.usnews.com/education/bes...wers-high-9193

Old 05-19-2021, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
lol...."Charles Herbert Flowers High is ranked 120th within Maryland. Students have the opportunity to take Advanced Placement® coursework and exams. The AP® participation rate at Charles Herbert Flowers High is 30%. The total minority enrollment is 99%, and 49% of students are economically disadvantaged. Charles Herbert Flowers High is 1 of 33 high schools in the Prince George's County Public Schools."

https://www.usnews.com/education/bes...wers-high-9193
Again like I stated, CH Flowers High is the primary public high school for Lake Arbor area students (not Largo) and it's 5th in PG County. We're not comparing the entire state of MD here, which is why you have to keep switching goal posts and twisting your falsehoods. Many students in the neighborhood also go to private schools anyway such as DeMatha, Bishop McNamara, and Elizabeth Seton, as their parents can afford it.

The "economically disadvantaged" students who attend Flowers aren't from Lake Arbor nor any immediate surrounding neighborhoods to the school like Balk Hill, Foxlake etc. That school pulls in students from inside the beltway communities as far away as Landover/Palmer Park, which is why it brings that percentage up.

Just leave it alone. You have no basis here, know very little about the area obviously, and continuing the ongoing back and forth here serves no purpose.

Last edited by the resident09; 05-19-2021 at 10:21 AM..

Old 05-19-2021, 01:57 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,653,845 times
Quote:

Just leave it alone. You have no basis here, know very little about the area obviously, and continuing the ongoing back and forth here serves no purpose.
Yet it's ok for you ,right?

Old 05-19-2021, 06:36 PM

2,750 posts, read 2,417,120 times
I'm in Lake Arbor right now, and this thread is extra hilarious now.

Old 05-20-2021, 08:16 AM

1 posts, read 846 times
I thought i would chime in here, as i don't want people to be discouraged about potentially moving to this area. I grew up in Lake Arbor, and went to Tulip Grove, then Kettering Middle, and then Largo [Flowers is a newer school]. I then went to UMD, and COPPEAD (Rio de Janeiro), MBA. My brother also a product of PG County Schools until high school, then went to Georgetown Prep, then UMD, then Durham Law (UK), and then OXford MBA (UK). We are both doing ok for ourselves lol.

I lived in Brasil, and the UK (I have residences in both), and when i settled down I decided to come back and i now live in Woodmore, right down the road from Lake Arbor where my parents still live. My daughter is in kindergarten and attends Woodmore elementary school, i LOVE the teachers and the school so far, so my 2cents. And i could have lived anywhere in the country i want to!

It seems as insecurity when i hear people bashing the county, because it is really nice here. With increased amenities, this area would be perfect. To be fair i will be moving to NYC in the next year due to work, but i will maintain my residence in Woodmore as I am bullish on the area. At the price point it is a great investment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland