Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 07:55 AM

9 posts, read 19,282 times

Advertisements

Ok to everyone who responded to my previous post...i thank you, but i think i have finally narrowed it down. I would like to re-locate to greenbelt, preferrably an area within the eleanor roosevelt high school district.
Now this is where i need yalls help:
1. I need to find a place that will be willing to work with my credit (just went through a divorce & a foreclosure)
2. Would like to keep the rent below $1400
3. Need at least 2 bedrooms would prefer 3

if anyone out there has any suggestions please let me know...i would like to move asap

thank you all for your time and patience
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 08:11 AM

1,389 posts, read 6,302,682 times
Greenbelt is not a cheap area. A friend of mine has a one bedroom apartment in Greenbelt and he pay $1200 a month.
The high school is really good and the area is nice.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:18 AM

206 posts, read 633,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyzGurl67 View Post
Ok to everyone who responded to my previous post...i thank you, but i think i have finally narrowed it down. I would like to re-locate to greenbelt, preferrably an area within the eleanor roosevelt high school district.
1. I need to find a place that will be willing to work with my credit (just went through a divorce & a foreclosure)

if anyone out there has any suggestions please let me know...i would like to move asap

Keep this in mind.

It's the Eleanoor Roosevelt magnet program that gives the school its name. The regular neighborhood school isn't all that, but make sure you don't end up in the DuVal or Parkdale HS boundaries. Those are two of the worst schools in this area, nevermind just PG.

There are tons of garden apartments along that greenbelt road strip.

I recommend you taking a weekend drive down that road and pull into a couple of them for information.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:48 AM

2,040 posts, read 4,556,934 times
Handy man is correct about Eleanor Roosevelt. My daughter is in the magnet program and loves it. However, when she has classes that are not Science and Tech (health and art for example) she complains about the rowdiness, lack of respect, etc., etc. of the students. She says its like a different world. Many students that go to Roosevelt are from the Spring Hill Lake apartments. This is a huge complex that has been having problems for years. Having said that, though, the Roosevelt Administration is very committed to their students. The athletic program is amongst the best and they also have a high graduation rate for this area.

My son went to Laurel HS and it was totally different than Roosevelt. I'm very happy my daughter knew to work hard to not have to go there.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjg1963 View Post
Handy man is correct about Eleanor Roosevelt. My daughter is in the magnet program and loves it. However, when she has classes that are not Science and Tech (health and art for example) she complains about the rowdiness, lack of respect, etc., etc. of the students. She says its like a different world. Many students that go to Roosevelt are from the Spring Hill Lake apartments. This is a huge complex that has been having problems for years. Having said that, though, the Roosevelt Administration is very committed to their students. The athletic program is amongst the best and they also have a high graduation rate for this area.

My son went to Laurel HS and it was totally different than Roosevelt. I'm very happy my daughter knew to work hard to not have to go there.
Amen, a voice of reason.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:21 AM

Location: Silver Spring, Maryland / But still having San Diego / Eastlake withdrawal damn it !!!
340 posts, read 1,412,926 times
Quote:

I would recommend Lakesidenorth apartments . I lived there for about 8 years from 1989 to 1997 and it was a nice complex to live in. I drove through the area recently to see what the old neighborhood looked like and it still looks to be very nice and kept up. Greenbelt Lake is just a short walk away and the police station also in just down the street as well.

I remember one nice thing about living there was you didn't have a big heating bill in the winter because you didn't have separate gas bill. But you did have control of you heat temperature. The bad part you do have an electric bill of course and the summer A/C bills could get high like any place though.

I checked and there web site is www dot LAKESIDENORTH dot COM , hopefully this will help you in your search for a nice apartment. Oh yeah the address is 430 Ridge Rd. Greenbelt , MD 20770

Old 10-09-2008, 09:25 AM

Smile Thanks for the input

I would like to start by thanking you all for the input, I was not aware that Roosevelt was like 2 different high schools in one. I have heard some very unpleasant things about the Spring Hill Lake apartment complex and if that is the high school for that complex then i may have to reconsider where I live....if yall could could you recommend another area that is within that vicinity that has a high school where I wont have to worry about my childs safety..

Thank you in advance

Old 10-09-2008, 09:28 AM

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunky3301 View Post
I would recommend Lakesidenorth apartments . I lived there for about 8 years from 1989 to 1997 and it was a nice complex to live in. I drove through the area recently to see what the old neighborhood looked like and it still looks to be very nice and kept up. Greenbelt Lake is just a short walk away and the police station also in just down the street as well.

I remember one nice thing about living there was you didn't have a big heating bill in the winter because you didn't have separate gas bill. But you did have control of you heat temperature. The bad part you do have an electric bill of course and the summer A/C bills could get high like any place though.

I checked and there web site is www dot LAKESIDENORTH dot COM , hopefully this will help you in your search for a nice apartment. Oh yeah the address is 430 Ridge Rd. Greenbelt , MD 20770

Thanks I will look into this complex and check the website immediately

Old 10-09-2008, 10:04 AM

2,040 posts, read 4,556,934 times
Quote:
I would like to start by thanking you all for the input, I was not aware that Roosevelt was like 2 different high schools in one. I have heard some very unpleasant things about the Spring Hill Lake apartment complex and if that is the high school for that complex then i may have to reconsider where I live....if yall could could you recommend another area that is within that vicinity that has a high school where I wont have to worry about my childs safety..

Thank you in advance
Any other high school in that vicinity would still be in PG. Roosevelt is the best for that area. I've heard rumors that Spring Hill Lake will be getting demolished eventually anyway. Even though there are students at Roosevelt that may not be making the most of their high school years, the administration, education, and overall atmosphere are the best in PG. I didn't mean to scare you. My daughter is doing great there and has never felt threatened, out of place, or intimidated. I was just trying to point out that Roosevelt is not rated high because of the area it is in, it is rated high because of the programs it has. The students are as diverse there as any other school in the area and even though there may be more "rambunctiousness" in some of the general curriculum classes, the overall school is much more disciplined than most in PG. There is also a great pride and school spirit exhibited by the students that I didn't see in the school my son attended. Don't let the school deter you, I would worry more about the neighborhood you move to.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:17 AM

Quote:

Thank you in advance
Is there a reason why you are specifically interested in Greenbelt?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland