Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2009, 10:05 AM

961 posts, read 2,026,736 times

Advertisements

Hi Guys. I'm 27, young professional, getting married this summer. My wife to be (24) is a student though, and as such we'd be a single income household.

The following are what I'd like: [SIZE=2]
- CLEAN "new" bathroom (no rusty taps, or peeling paint on wall)
- Available bus (that's not too far from metro) outside of rush hour and on weekends.
- Walking distance to Metro or bus within 10 minutes to Metro.
- Loft and/or extra office room
- 24 Hour fitness center?
- Balcony
- Washer-Dryer in apartment

Are there affordable apartments places with those qualities in Montgomery County near a Metro at about $1400-$1700 price range?

2BDR Den, 2BDR loft or 3 BDR.

Cheers,

William
[/SIZE]

Last edited by 7th generation; 03-15-2009 at 03:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 02:21 PM

2 posts, read 7,434 times
Residences at congressional plaza in rockville is awesome. My husband and I have lived there for the last year and love it. Its about a 5 min walk to the twinbrook metro, and the place itself has great amentiies - it has a gym, computer lab, parking garage etc. We love our place - we have a one bedroom with a loft, which we use as an extra room/office. It does have a washer and dryer in the unit - its in the bathroom which is HUGE. The whole development is relatively new too - a couple of years at most and its walking distance to Whole foods and to the restaurants on rockville pike. The rent isn't two bad - I think they still have a promotion that gives you 2 months free - so for us we are paying about 1568. I am not sure how much the 2 bedrooms are, but they might be slighlty higher. I would highly recommend it. Feel free to contact if you have any more questions. Good luck!

Old 03-14-2009, 04:31 PM

106 posts, read 442,276 times
There are lots of rentals in Rockville. If you look you can even get a 3 bdrm house near the Rockville Metro in that price range so you should be able to get an apartment. The Strathmore House in Rockville/Silver Spring area is a complex that comes to mind. I don't know if they have a fitness room though.

Old 03-15-2009, 07:55 PM

80 posts, read 320,797 times
You can rent a condo in the town center area in that range. You can walk to the Metro from them.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:23 PM

961 posts, read 2,026,736 times
Thanks guys. I'm seeing suggestions that I can rent a condo in the towncenter or a 3BDR house in Rockville for that price? Where?!?

I'm looking for 2BDR w/ dens/ 3BDR or 2BDR-Loft, and the apartments in DC I'm seeing of that configuration are running $2200 - $3000 +. For better or worse, I appear "stuck" to Silver Spring or Rockville, given commuting considerations.

What are prices like in Grovesnor Metro (North Bethesda)?

Old 03-20-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superseiyan View Post
Thanks guys. I'm seeing suggestions that I can rent a condo in the towncenter or a 3BDR house in Rockville for that price? Where?!?

I'm looking for 2BDR w/ dens/ 3BDR or 2BDR-Loft, and the apartments in DC I'm seeing of that configuration are running $2200 - $3000 +. For better or worse, I appear "stuck" to Silver Spring or Rockville, given commuting considerations.

What are prices like in Grovesnor Metro (North Bethesda)?
You can also look in Laurel and Beltsville although those are both in PG County. If you have to have 2 or 3 bedrooms, I don't think you can look in the town center area. You can find some apartments near the other end of the Red Line but don't expect it to be a "nice area" so to speak.

You can also look in Germantown. You should be able to find some decent rentals there or if you're willing to go all the way to Frederick, you can get some cheaper rentals there. Woodbridge Virginia has a lot of townhouses for rent but keep in mind that a lot of people call it "hoodbridge" because large parts of the city are run down.

Bethesda is pretty expensive. It's inside the beltway. Any of the 'burbs inside the beltway are $$$. I'm not sure about the price of the grosvnor area. I do take the red line past it every day to/from work. I can tell you that there are TONS of apartments built up around that stop. It's literally just outside the beltway. I imagine it's pretty expensive.

Last edited by typical guy; 03-20-2009 at 01:16 PM..

Old 03-20-2009, 01:23 PM

I found this apartment complex near grosvenor. It looks to be around 1700 a month for a 2 bedroom.
Avalon at Grosvenor Station - Bethesda, MD Apartment Floorplans

I would recommend looking at real estate websites because they often times have rentals listed. Why do you need 2 bedrooms + a den? That's going to drive up the cost quite a bit. Do you guys have kids?

Old 03-20-2009, 06:11 PM

21 posts, read 99,858 times
Not quite a separate office, but this apartment is 2 bedrooms with a computer nook. Plus everything else you wanted.

Huntington at King Farm | Floorplans - Willow (http://www.huntingtonkingfarm.com/templates/template_jpi_c/floorplan-a2.asp?w=huntingtonatkingfarm&flplid=55 - broken link).

Old 03-20-2009, 07:11 PM

You may want to look at house rentals. A family member is renting an older house in silver spring for 1,500 a month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland