Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 07:18 PM

3 posts, read 22,360 times

Advertisements

People talk about living in outside the beltway. I lived in PG all my life minus my college years and a few years after. People who claim I lived in Landover inside the beltway people were shot, there were dealers at the park there was a SWAT raid at the house across the street from our house town house. Similar growing up in Palmer Park across from now Redskin Stadium. I had family in New Carrolton not the same though they go hard around 85th. Now we live out Watkins Park by six flags 3 cars have been stolen from in front of just my house. My house was broken into etc. not just my house. I love PG but I would wont to raise my kids here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 07:26 PM

3 posts, read 22,360 times
If you live out Uppermarlboro Bowie Laurel etc. it probably is different gated Woodmore maybe but I actually be out and PG. There are nice Parts but there are The parts of PG the border the Hood parts of NE and SE are definitely the harder parts of the area. Parts around the beltway a couple of miles out more thefts some robberies fewer homicides but some. Futher out areas I mentioned before alot more chill.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:14 PM

44 posts, read 196,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misseyhollimon View Post
teleblazer- Clavert County Is No Better Than P.g. County Clavert County Have Some Bad Places Too. You Shouldn't Be So Quick Suggest To Someone Moving To Another County Unless You Fact All The Facts. Every Part Of P.g. County Is Not Bad There's Alot Of Area Really Nice Bowie, Upper Marloboro, Adelphi, Lanham Etc.

Listen At You. What Do You Know About Those Areas You Listed??? I Was Born And Raised In Lanham Sweetheart And The Grass Ain't Always As Green As It Appears To Be........ Alot Of Lanham Was Hood Related When I Was Growing Up Years Ago And Its Gotten Much Worse. Adelphi(you Must Be Joking) Upper Marlboro(dn't believe the hype, read the crime section in the post, it's been an up and coming baby Southeast) Bowie Is Decent At Best But For What You're Paying In Gas To Get To And From Work Etc You May As Well Spend Less Money On Rent, Mortgage And Move To Another County All Together, Cut Your Losses, Jmo

Old 06-03-2008, 10:19 PM

44 posts, read 196,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pg_star View Post
people Talk About Living In Outside The Beltway. I Lived In Pg All My Life Minus My College Years And A Few Years After. People Who Claim I Lived In Landover Inside The Beltway People Were Shot, There Were Dealers At The Park There Was A Swat Raid At The House Across The Street From Our House Town House. Similar Growing Up In Palmer Park Across From Now Redskin Stadium. I Had Family In New Carrolton Not The Same Though They Go Hard Around 85th. Now We Live Out Watkins Park By Six Flags 3 Cars Have Been Stolen From In Front Of Just My House. My House Was Broken Into Etc. Not Just My House. I Love Pg But I Would Wont To Raise My Kids Here.
Its Funny Reading Everyones Posts Because What Some Have Known For Years, Some Are Just Recently Finding Out And Are In Shockingly Disbelief.
New Carrollton/lanham/riverdale/hyattsville Has Been Hot And Heavy For Years. There Hasn't Seemingly Been An Increase In Crime People Are Just Now Being Put On To The Crime Thats Been On Going For Years Now.

Old 07-11-2008, 07:36 AM

13 posts, read 54,063 times
Prince George's County is a great place to live. Just like any other county or jurisdiction it has its good parts and bad parts. As a native of Prince George's County, I do believe its an attractive place to live. I think the media portrays the county in a negative image, due to the fact of the African-American success. So I think positive of the county and ignore the negative. In ten years Prince George's County will be a totally different place. Those who bashed the county will be so fascinated to come back and see if the development progress has changed the county.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:03 AM

932 posts, read 1,677,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastic_but_lovable View Post
Listen At You. What Do You Know About Those Areas You Listed??? I Was Born And Raised In Lanham Sweetheart And The Grass Ain't Always As Green As It Appears To Be........ Alot Of Lanham Was Hood Related When I Was Growing Up Years Ago And Its Gotten Much Worse. Adelphi(you Must Be Joking) Upper Marlboro(dn't believe the hype, read the crime section in the post, it's been an up and coming baby Southeast) Bowie Is Decent At Best But For What You're Paying In Gas To Get To And From Work Etc You May As Well Spend Less Money On Rent, Mortgage And Move To Another County All Together, Cut Your Losses, Jmo
Wow really...what do you know about Upper Marlboro? I live there and I haven't seen or heard about it being southeast...maybe I've missed that. But hey what do I know about the very place where I've lived for 20+ years.

Can you inform me?

Old 07-11-2008, 11:14 AM

1,389 posts, read 6,301,367 times
Upper Marlboro is a very nice quiet area to live and raise a family.
Those who speak bad about PG county I think do so because they are either white or do not like Blacks.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:54 PM

646 posts, read 2,668,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post
Upper Marlboro is a very nice quiet area to live and raise a family.
Those who speak bad about PG county I think do so because they are either white or do not like Blacks.

WHOOOOOAAAAA!!!!!!!
Now this is a race thing????You don't have a clue weather I'm Black,White or green .............What are your facts,what proof do you have of this????

Old 07-11-2008, 02:02 PM

646 posts, read 2,668,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post
Wow really...what do you know about Upper Marlboro? I live there and I haven't seen or heard about it being southeast...maybe I've missed that. But hey what do I know about the very place where I've lived for 20+ years.

Can you inform me?

PG:
Prince George's County Upper Marlboro Demographics - Neighborhood Demographics

Old 07-11-2008, 10:17 PM

512 posts, read 1,636,092 times
Very interesting thread of course everyone has there opinions and views. I have no idea what the one lady said about Upper marlboro being like southeast, that is very interesting. So my two cents. P.G. county over all is not a bad place. I think it sometimes gets a bad rap for the simple fact that it's a highly urbanized area (Black). I do feel that P.G. does needs to be more of a diverse community. Diversity will help usher in different opinions and views on various matters. I think that is sorely lacking in this county. MHO is that the people of P.G. need to stop making things a race issue. Also other counties such as Arlington, Fairfax, Montgomery need to realize that it's more to this county then you think then just a county full of black people. We are educated and were proud. We know not everything is perfect but we do have a lot change on the horizon. I'm a proud of growing up in P.G. everyplace is going to have it's negatives. I truly believe that this county is heading in the right direction. From Fort Washington to Andrews AFB area to Laurel. There are billion dollar projects that will help to change the spectrum of the county.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland