Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2010, 02:37 PM

2 posts, read 2,747 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I'm a quiet, very responsible, clean, well-employed (gov't and security clearance), low-maintenance guy going through a bit of a life transition. I'm looking to rent starting in the middle-to-end of August or first of September a reasonably-priced, unfurnished efficiency or 1 bedroom in the general vicinity of U street, Dupont, the West End, Ledroit Park, Shaw. I would prefer to find a place that offers a 6-month lease which goes month-to-month after that and that will allow occasional stays by a quiet, house-trained, and well-behaved, middle-to-small-sized dog. I can supply references and credit reports like crazy. If you're looking for a tenant whom you don't have to worry about damaging your property, keeping you up at night, or missing rent payments, I'm your man.

Also, I've seen a place for rent on 1st and S street in Bloomingdale. Anyone have any thoughts on that area? I really like the idea of living in Ledroit, since I go to U street often. However, 1st street seems farther away than I was planning, and I do worry a bit about crime.

Any thoughts/suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

ML
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 03:38 PM

331 posts, read 904,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuslaskus View Post
1st and S street in Bloomingdale.
it's in the same boat as H street or Trinidad. Its not bad but at the same time you do need street smarts to live there. You'll get a real city experience.

Old 07-27-2010, 05:06 AM

2 posts, read 2,747 times
Avto, thanks for that comment. It jives with what I'm thinking. I think I'm gonna try to find something a few blocks closer to U street metro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC