Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2012, 05:49 PM

494 posts, read 1,192,212 times

Advertisements

Had some good luck in broadening my wardrobe this way when I was in LA. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 06:07 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,940,220 times
They have Unique Thrift and Value Village stores as a chain all over the DC area, they are very large, like the size of a big supermarket. They have huge assortments of mens clothing, I've bought suits, pants, dress shirts and ties there. Check the websites for locations. The best one I go to is a combined Unique Thrift/Value Village in White Oak that is as big as a big department store, massive selection.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:24 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,884,915 times
There is about 3 I know of here in Bethesda but they are more geared towards women though they are not short towards men's clothing.

They are:

- Mustard Seed on Wisconsin ave.
- Reddz Trading on Woodmont ave.
- Second Chance/Another Chance on Fairmont ave.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh56 View Post
There is about 3 I know of here in Bethesda but they are more geared towards women though they are not short towards men's clothing.

They are:

- Mustard Seed on Wisconsin ave.
- Reddz Trading on Woodmont ave.
- Second Chance/Another Chance on Fairmont ave.
Will check these out.

I've been to Unique and it's more of a goodwill. I was thinking of places where well heeled gentlemen get a cut of what ever clothes they consign to these places. I guess it tends to produce better quality goods.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:06 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,884,915 times
Don't discount some of the thrift stores though. They do have lots of interesting things.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:53 PM

4,036 posts, read 9,247,771 times
If you're ever in VA suburbs there's Plato's Closet in Sterling across from Dulles Town Center and there's one in Chantilly next to Kmart and Lowes. I wanna say there's one in MD but I can't remember where off the top of my head.

They only do like American Eagle, Express, Aeropostale, Abercrombie and Fitch, Hollister etc. Standard suburban mall merchandise. So if you're looking for a snazzy suit or some Versace this isn't the store for you.

They have a chain in my hometown and I love it. I've been less impressed with the Chantilly store but that's the thing about used clothing stores today the selection sucks tomorrow you find that one can't live without gem. I try to go to Plato's Closet whenever I can. I'm not fancy schmancy just like the occasional jeans and polo shirt from Hollister. I went to one in Atlanta and bought a normally $60 (new) Penguin polo for $4! One of my favorite shirts.

Nordstrom Rack isn't consignment but its a great store for deals. They have one across from Pentagon City mall.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:05 PM

Great stuff, Terrence. Yes, I'm looking for suits and business casual wear, but this will work for weekend stuff. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC