Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 07:51 PM

585 posts, read 2,020,596 times

Advertisements

Three Serious Attacks in NW DC, including one that Left Gary Dederichs Dead, May be Linked, Lanier Says | Homicide Watch D.C. | Mark every death. Remember every victim. Follow every case.

According to MPD, there have been three separate instances of blunt force trauma in NW. One victim died:
It appears that all three of the victims were walking alone at the time of the attack.

All three of the victims suffered severe blunt force trauma to the head.

Preliminarily it appears that each victim was likely alone when they were suddenly struck in the head by some sort of blunt object.

The assaults seem to have occurred without provocation and lacked any specific motive such as robbery.
I will not make light of these tragic situations by pointing out we don't have problems like this east of the river.

Please be careful out there, folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 08:49 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,742,204 times
Come on. The EOTR complex gets tiresome after a while. It's almost as if people are quietly gloating whenever something bad happens in Dupont or, in this case, Petworth.

My vote is that this is some gang initiation. Who knows, though. Sick and tragic, particularly for that man just visiting for a couple weeks.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:04 PM

It was a joke. This is scary. How bad could that one man have been beaten for them to initially think he was hit by a car?

Old 04-26-2012, 11:15 PM

1,118 posts, read 2,293,669 times
And these seem to have taken place in northern Petworth. Northwest is the largest quadrant in the city and has an incredible variety of neighborhoods. Generalising them all to look like Dupont Circle or Friendship Heights is just foolish.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:36 PM

465 posts, read 930,366 times
Quote:
I will not make light of these tragic situations by pointing out we don't have problems like this east of the river.

Read more: https://www.city-data.com/forum/washi...#ixzz1tDSrZH7b
Same type of criminal animals, who cares about location? What's your point?

Old 04-27-2012, 03:47 AM

15,471 posts, read 25,934,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killabunnies View Post
Then why mention it at all?

Old 04-27-2012, 04:32 AM

1,783 posts, read 3,901,416 times
Quote:

Except that you kind of just did...

Old 04-27-2012, 06:01 AM

837 posts, read 1,801,897 times
Clearly, you kill bunnies east of the river.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:10 AM

Location: YOU are NOT a Washingtonian. YOU are a GENTRIFIER from the CVS, Whole Foods, Starbucks & Condos era.
367 posts, read 643,736 times
Quote:

I think it is hilarious whenever a gentrifier sticks their foot in their mouth. Like yah!

I'm headed off to the golf course now.
Both snowboarding and golf in the same week and I did not have to travel very far or across the country.
I LOVE IT.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerstars View Post
Same type of criminal animals, who cares about location? What's your point?
Wow, do you guys not get trolls around here? I'll make a note to refrain in the future, sorry about that.

Point is that you have someone running around clocking people in the head with no obvious robbery motive. One victim is dead, one is in critical condition and the other is still in the hospital. That's frightening. So no, I don't think you're talking about "same type of criminal animals" in this case. Criminal animals take stuff when they're done beating you.

Crazy is scarier than plain old criminal.

This wasn't "OMG look there's crime in NW!", I hang out in that specific area myself and would like to know if there's some crazy person running around beating people in the head within a 10 block radius.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > District of Columbia > Washington, DC